6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2-58/)
-   -   Pull to the Right While Braking (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/445370-pull-right-while-braking.html)

E90076 06-14-2021 02:53 PM

Pull to the Right While Braking

Need some insight… I just picked up a new-to-me 997 Turbo Tip with PCCB. I noticed that when I stop more aggressively, the car pulls to the right (steering wheel turns to right as well about 10 degrees). The first time this happened on the highway it was a bit alarming - it pulled me right to the edge of my lane. I’ve tried it a few times since to test things out and it’s intermittent - sometimes it pulls significantly and others barely to not at all.

I’ve had other Turbos and GT3s but never one with PCCB - the other thing I’d mention is that while the car stops quickly, it brings in the ABS much sooner than I’ve experienced before.

There are no signs/issues when driving light around town.

Going to bring it back to my dealer but would appreciate any insight/ideas so that I can make sure it gets addressed. I’d like to get this taken care of while the dealer still has some liability so that I don’t want to get stuck with a bill six months down the road.

lliejk 06-14-2021 05:48 PM

Same response as on the other forum: When were the brakes bled last?

Add one more: Check the pad dimensions on both sides and both inner & outer on both sides. Any difference?

Your problem could be anything from old fluid, an air in the caliper, stuck calipers or some other mechanical issue with the rotor/caliper combo.

Ed

E90076 06-14-2021 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by lliejk (Post 4879610)
Same response as on the other forum: When were the brakes bled last?

Add one more: Check the pad dimensions on both sides and both inner & outer on both sides. Any difference?

Your problem could be anything from old fluid, an air in the caliper, stuck calipers or some other mechanical issue with the rotor/caliper combo.

Ed

Thanks Ed!

Haven’t had a chance to measure the pads yet but the fluid was changed last week. I didn’t drive it hard before so maybe not an apples to apples comparison but I did not notice the issue until after the fluid was changed now that I’m thinking about it.

JSF721 06-16-2021 02:03 PM

where are you located. It does not show up on the phone. Perhaps someone can point you to a great Indy mechanic who can trouble shoot this quickly.

There are several variables that can quickly be looked over and examined by a skilled eye and trained hands.

I’ve got a great guy on Long island.

Variables are pads, rotors , air in lines, suspension or steering issue , poor prior repair. Tire pressure and Even a bent rim.

good luck and get back to us witn the resolution.