997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

video: silver Ruf RT12 on the track

Old 03-22-2006, 05:26 PM
Sheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond repute
rt12 = chuck norris on the awesomenessness level

speaking of which...how much do these go for?

Old 03-23-2006, 03:39 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by Shawn C
How the hell did you find that?
i had an old bookmark on my PC for Ruf, and when i followed it, it took me to some Ruf page in german that had links to what looks like all the Ruf sites (Germany, US, Japan, Sweden).

needless to say... was pleased as punch! (what the hell does that mean anyway?!)

Old 03-23-2006, 05:40 AM
Turn PSM Off
TheJudge will become famous soon enough
How come nobody is buying these cars. No offense to CGT owners, but will one of you spring for one of these please?!?!

Old 03-23-2006, 04:24 PM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
It's a shame the 997TT won't look anywhere near this good!!

Old 03-23-2006, 05:32 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Man i want to cry watching that video, i would die for that car, kill, just anything! I am in love

BTW i want that damm exhaust, sounds amazing for a turbo, actually has a sick tone and not just air rushing out

Old 03-24-2006, 09:40 AM
NJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud of
that car is too fast. I wonder if it's a RWD RT12

Old 03-24-2006, 01:33 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NJ-GT
that car is too fast. I wonder if it's a RWD RT12
I highly doubt it, yes it has traction but rwd + those tight turns and at the speed he takes them out = drifts and smoke or back end kicking out, it hardly does it

Old 03-25-2006, 04:38 PM
deanger is on a distinguished road
The reason no one buys them is a mystery to me too. However, a few things: first of all people do buy them -- the wait list is at seven months. Compare that to a CGT. Also, because they are so so so rare, in the past it used to be a pain in the a## to import them and insure them (actually it wasn't that hard, but hard when compared to buying a regular car). Also, in the past if you decided to sell the car it was hard (relatively) to find a buyer.

All of this is conjecture on my part. These cars (all of Ruf's cars) are second-to-none. And, yes, I am thinking of ordering one. On the other hand, he has been working on his supercar for some time and many people may be waiting for that one.

Still, the RT12 is probably the single most amazing daily-driver on the planet earth.

Old 03-26-2006, 03:37 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by deanger
The reason no one buys them is a mystery to me too. However, a few things: first of all people do buy them -- the wait list is at seven months. Compare that to a CGT. Also, because they are so so so rare, in the past it used to be a pain in the a## to import them and insure them (actually it wasn't that hard, but hard when compared to buying a regular car). Also, in the past if you decided to sell the car it was hard (relatively) to find a buyer.

Still, the RT12 is probably the single most amazing daily-driver on the planet earth.
IMHO, i think part of the reason so few people buy these cars is because for slightly less you can get something MUCH more striking like a Murcielago. and for a little bit more, you could get a "purebred" super/hypercar like a Pagani or a CGT (and I love all those cars!)

to 99.9% of the population on the planet, a Ruf, even one as highly specced as an RT12 is still going to be, just another 911. as rare a beast as the RT12 is, park it next to a murcie, zonda, CGT, or-- let's face it-- even an F430, and the Ruf is to most people still just another superbeetle.

part of the reason many people buy supercars is for the cache down in front of the club (whether that's a country club, dance club or strip club). and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. these are, after all, expensive toys. and for most buyers, they represent rewards to oneself for hard work. for some, they may even represent a disproporationate percentage of one's personal net worth.

I feel that the Ruf tends to appeal to people who want a little bit more "stealth". they want something that they know can run with the most flamboyant supercars out there, but don't want to stand out too much in a crowd.

and i really DO hope the car proves to be amongst the most amazing daily drivers on the planet. i had my first drive today in an F430 (one of only 3 currently here in my country). i was utterly, absolutely blown away, even more by the sound, the feel, the "soul" of the car, than by the actual performance. it was utterly brilliant, and it would leave a smile on my face a mile wide, even if it wasn't the fastest thing out there.

but it also really left me wondering how our RT12, when it is done in hopefully the next 3 months or so, will compare. can't wait... can't wait...

cheers!

Last edited by hesperus; 03-26-2006 at 03:41 AM.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Leon S will become famous soon enough
Looks like we'll meet in pfaffenhausen in July as I'll also be collecting my RT 12 then, I am bursting with anticipation...spec as follows

A1 Black/Black leather/alcantara with deep ruf green accents & carbon interior
650 engine (obviously!)
2WD - with oz 12.5" wearing 355's
carbon fibre everything....possible that is.
IRC - no doubt.

enjoy the experience bro and dont forget to drive the car (don't let it drive you)

beat regards
Leon

Old 03-27-2006, 05:26 PM
cynicali will become famous soon enough
batman?

Originally Posted by Leon S
A1 Black/Black leather/alcantara with deep ruf green accents & carbon interior
650 engine (obviously!)
2WD - with oz 12.5" wearing 355's
carbon fibre everything....possible that is.
IRC - no doubt.
Not to be sycophantic or anything, but that's a car for a super-hero. Unreal.

Old 03-27-2006, 07:30 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cynicali
Not to be sycophantic or anything, but that's a car for a super-hero. Unreal.
Yeah a super hero with a large bank account.

Old 03-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Sheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rave TT
Yeah a super hero with a large bank account.
I think Shank has the batmobile

Old 03-28-2006, 10:55 AM
JamE55 is on a distinguished road
Amazing video! The RT12 is just plain sick. Wonder if anybody thought of a CGT vs RT12 shootout?

Old 03-30-2006, 09:27 PM
Schuepbach is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TheJudge
How come nobody is buying these cars. No offense to CGT owners, but will one of you spring for one of these please?!?!
People are buying these cars, I know all the ones allotted to the states have been sold, and that they're reaching the max the Chef wanted to produce.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: video: silver Ruf RT12 on the track