997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Is this a common problem with the I-forged wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 10:54 PM
Banned
eurotekm3 can only hope to improve
They also hold water when it rains.........

Old 09-22-2006, 12:02 AM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jesus
Besides the existing problems we all agree on with the sensors and valve
extensions, what about the durability with driving daily hitting bumps,
potholes, curbs etc. ?? It surprises me no one has mentioned anything
yet, maybe there is no reason to be so apprehensive. These spun
aluminum shells are built for race/performance use, I hope when combined with these stiff sidewall tires we are not bending wheels every time we come up on a little rough road.
I think the biggest issue aside from hitting a massive pothole that would destroy any rim is the speed at which you take the terrain. After getting my Kinesis repaired because I was flying over every patch of road regardless how bad it was, I decided to tone down my driving on the rougher roads that I already knew and I drove around the streets of NYC/Brooklyn (Some of the worst roads imo) without any major bends or dents for 3-4 months.

If you enjoy speeding and live around some rough roads, the rims are a big no no, which is why I have 18" BBS now so I can speed around and not care about every bump.

Old 11-26-2006, 12:27 AM
notquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud of
you can get a plastic valve extender from any automotive store, should run you no more than a few bucks. You screw on the plastic extender before filling and just remove when you're done. That's what I did when I had iForged wheels on one of the cars I use to own w/ those wheels.

Old 11-26-2006, 07:30 AM
K-80 is on a distinguished road
I would stay away from iForged...they have had a number of problems....one set was "out of round" and they took forever to refund....will never buy iForged again.

Old 11-26-2006, 07:33 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by notquitefob
you can get a plastic valve extender from any automotive store, should run you no more than a few bucks. You screw on the plastic extender before filling and just remove when you're done. That's what I did when I had iForged wheels on one of the cars I use to own w/ those wheels.
get the brass one if you can. it's longer and obviously much more durable. i thought the plastic ones sucked *** but do what you got to do to make it work. if you're looking for a permanent solution, the brass extender is it. i keep it in my center console with a tire pressure gauge, spare valve stem caps, and my plastic valve stem cap remover. my caps are counter sunk in the outer edge to look like wheel bolts. it is a real pain in the *** to check and fill, but it looks nice.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:37 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
That's BS. If you can't make a wheel that accepts the OE parts correctly, don't make it. The aftermarket band adapters to use the stock valve sensors are junk. Even IF they don't have the TPMS regulations in Europe a standard valve stem will work fine in those cases. So why not just have the barrels made to accept the sensor? PM LSM, he'll tell you all about the fun he had with his HRE's and the sensors on his 977tt.
Yup, the worst solution ever created for Tire pressure monitors is the band...Had it installed once, they all immmediately were rattling around in my wheels, installed again, lasted two days and broke all my sensors..I took them out and recently shipped my wheels back to HRE where they have an integrated solution now that will fix the problem..STAY AWAY FROM BANDED TIRES< THEY DO NOT WORK!!

Lou

Old 11-28-2006, 10:38 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
The valves are made that way becuase they look better...Sitting flush is the way to go...looks goofy with all the bolts sitting flush and then a nasty valve stem sticking out...All my wheels have always had the valve stem sit flush...get a valve extender...simple