997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

sales tax at delivery?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 06:18 AM
bandi is on a distinguished road
sales tax at delivery?

I'm picking up my new tt tomorrow and it's all your faults! Your excitement and exuberance have roped me in! Anyhow, I'm buying in another state & the dealer is insisting on sales tax at time of delivery saying Porsche NA requires that to help ensure cars aren't being shipped overseas after being bought here. Is this what you all did? In my state I have 30 days to pay tax and get plates no matter which state I buy in. I'll be sure to post pics next week...

Old 06-02-2007, 06:20 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Some states require it and they will give you a receipt showing where the taxes have been paid that you take to the DMV when you get your license. It's not that uncommon on new cars. Some states/dealerships do it, others don't.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:21 AM
335_II is on a distinguished road
i bought my Z06 from St Luis and wasnt present to sign papers...i paid tax when i registered the car in my state....they did not collect the sales tax......another experience is when i bought my Range Rover in Chicago i was also not present and the insisted i pay sales tax to them....

Old 06-02-2007, 06:24 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
I bought my Z06 in Tennessee and they made me pay the sales tax but I buy about two or three Suburbans a year in Arkansas and never had to pay it.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:25 AM
Dave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond repute
Funny you asked, I'm picking up today and here in MA, you have to PAY before you can get your plates.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:30 AM
Of course you have to pay before you get your plates. The state isn't going to issue plates without collecting sales tax first.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:43 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Have the car delivered out of state. Then no Il sales tax will be payable at the time of sale. Registration will be a different matter depending upon your location.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:29 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I usually pay the sales tax up front, even on a lease. But I know buying out of state, you def will have to pay the sales tax before you can license it in NYS.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:35 AM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
You can have the dealer plate the car in your home state like my dealer is doing for me , Oregon no sales tax , 117.00 for a four year plate...
Gee-Bee

Old 06-02-2007, 08:58 AM
bandi is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the quick answers! Doesn't sound unusual so we'll just go with it. Can't wait for the 300 mile drive home tomorrow---probably no sleep tonite. Pics shortly...

Old 06-02-2007, 06:15 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
The last 3 cars I bought, include my Turbo - all out of state - I live in Maryland - bought 2 from New York and 1 from Florida - 1 dealer insisted on me paying Mayland tax and they got would do title/tax/tags (used Maryland rate) - other 2 let me title in Maryland myself - Maryland lets you use credit card - so great for frequent flyer miles.