997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Upgraded my camera today here are more shots of my TT (GT /Black)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 12:53 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
That's the great thing about black interiors and full leather. It looks like deviated stitching anyways because the thread is light gray/silver.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:57 PM
nsimoc is on a distinguished road
very nice photos - i can't wait till i save up enough to upgrade my setup

Old 06-06-2007, 01:28 PM
kcturbo is on a distinguished road
Beautiful car! Is the contrast between the interior leather and the stitching as pronounced in person as it is in the photos? It appears to have significantly more contrast than my 996tt cab.This is the exact combo I am planning for my 997tt cab, but was thinking of deviated stitching. If it looks like your photos, I will forego the deviated stitching and order more leather.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:43 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
KCturbo - i originally was going with deviated as well because I was getting the Silver Seat Belts and when I looked at the normal stitching on the black leather it looks deviated so i decided not to get the deviated because it was what I was looking for as a standard.

The color of the stitching looks more like a medium silver/gray.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:03 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
A little bit of additional clarity

Old 06-06-2007, 03:11 PM
ANUBIS is on a distinguished road
beautiful. paint the side skirts, front and rear and put on some nasty shoes....... even if you don't..... it is sexy

Old 06-06-2007, 05:42 PM
gradyex will become famous soon enoughgradyex will become famous soon enough
Here are another set of shots I took today.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by kcturbo
Beautiful car! Is the contrast between the interior leather and the stitching as pronounced in person as it is in the photos? It appears to have significantly more contrast than my 996tt cab.This is the exact combo I am planning for my 997tt cab, but was thinking of deviated stitching. If it looks like your photos, I will forego the deviated stitching and order more leather.

There is contrast with the stitching stock so I would say yes it appears like the photos appear. If you do get the stitcing in white or yellow be very carefull cleaning and conditioning your leather. The dye in the seats can really mess up the stitching if your not carefull. i would reccomend Porsche leather conditioner only as others might be too harsh and do a number on your white stitching. I have actually done 1 treatment on mine useing porsches product and I can tell you there was a bit MORE contrast before I did the treatment. Good luck!

Old 06-06-2007, 05:49 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Awesome, really love the GT Silver! Last one for the day...

Old 06-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Nice job on this one Robert!

Old 06-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Texas911 is on a distinguished road
WB is looking good Grady, keep them coming!

Old 06-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by gradyex
Nice job on this one Robert!
Does this mean you didn't like the artsy, too much time on my hands, over processed ones? Had the whole freaking day to myself and didn't have a damn thing to do all day. This is the life!!!

Old 06-06-2007, 09:12 PM
mikebaab is on a distinguished road
MeanMachine, Mucho Problemo. I like all the lowers painted or none of them. makes the car look unbalanced. Must say I like the painted lowers myself. City living and steep driveways (including my own) make it a bad choice.

You can take a sharp knife or a razor blade, drag it at a 45 degree angle across the bottom of that frayed lower and it will look like new!

I have a Guards Red 997TT with alll painted lowers. Yes, I have scraped a couple of times, but it takes me less than 15 seconds and it looks like new again.

Cheers, Mike

Old 06-06-2007, 09:17 PM
hydeaway is on a distinguished road
MeanMachine, Mucho Problemo. I like all the lowers painted or none of them. makes the car look unbalanced. Must say I like the painted lowers myself. City living and steep driveways (including my own) make it a bad choice.

Ouch..... hate that.....

Old 06-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by mikebaab
You can take a sharp knife or a razor blade, drag it at a 45 degree angle across the bottom of that frayed lower and it will look like new!

I have a Guards Red 997TT with alll painted lowers. Yes, I have scraped a couple of times, but it takes me less than 15 seconds and it looks like new again.

Cheers, Mike

Actually mike, about every 2 weeks I pass 80 grit sandpaper right under the lip and it all falls off nicely. My driveway is the culprit and there is nothing I can do about it short of repaving it. I can't take it straight on so I take it at an angle which helps a bit. The valance is easy to take off and is relatively a cheap part. In time I will just replace it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upgraded my camera today here are more shots of my TT (GT /Black)