997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Upgraded my camera today here are more shots of my TT (GT /Black)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 11:02 PM
gradyex will become famous soon enoughgradyex will become famous soon enough
Upgraded my camera today here are more shots of my TT (GT /Black)

Old 06-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Damm, photo #3 came out too blue. Photo #1 is in NEF raw format transfered back to JPEG. The others were shot in jpeg format. Here are some interior photos. The photo right above me is with Hoen H-3' s in the foglights and Hoen parking lights (matches the xenon's better than stock). These are still a tad yellow because I just switched them on and shot away. If I waited a few minutes they would have been more white.

Last edited by gradyex; 06-05-2007 at 11:37 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Interior shots.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Photo #4 is for Jason, he wanted to see what the fuse box trim in leather looks like. My interior is black and some of the photos have too much blue but i am working on it. Anyhow thats it for tonight. Ciao.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:27 AM
triptoo is an unknown quantity at this point
The first pic of the steering wheel makes it look extra fat, is that the same thicker steering wheel as on older 997tt or did Porsche update it?

Old 06-06-2007, 01:23 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
D200 I see... Nikons have AWB issues with flash or low light shots and my D2X does the same thing. It's easily corrected during post processing but it's lame considering I never have white balance issues with my Canon gear. Anyways..... the car looks great! I thought full leather was nice but you have FULL leather. Sporty but classy!

Last edited by 2thfixr; 06-06-2007 at 02:52 AM.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:38 AM
hootpie is on a distinguished road
Beautiful.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:56 AM
Originally Posted by triptoo
The first pic of the steering wheel makes it look extra fat, is that the same thicker steering wheel as on older 997tt or did Porsche update it?
Its the same one, I just used a Tokina wide angle lens for this photo. They did not change anything and the thicker sport steering wheel (XPA) is the option you see. Looks pretty thick photographed this way. Its plenty thick for me (my 997S felt like a pencil in comparison with the stock sport set-up).

Last edited by gradyex; 06-06-2007 at 04:33 AM.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:02 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Looks great! Love the 'money shot'

Old 06-06-2007, 03:09 AM
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
D200 I see... Nikons have AWB issues with flash or low light shots and my D2X does the same thing. It's easily corrected during post processing but it's lame considering I never have white balance issues with my Canon gear. Anyways..... the car looks great! I thought full leather was nice but you have FULL leather. Sporty but classy!

Your right. I stuck with Nikon (have a D100 thats about 5 years old) because I already have an assortment of Nikor lenses. If not for that I was tempted to go the Cannon route myself. I am having a frustrating time with color accuracy especially when printing. The D200 is a fantastic camera but I am still learning how to use it properly. The photos were shot around 7:00pm this evening with overcast and a low light situation like you described. On some shots I used an SB-800 speedlight which helped a bit but most are without a flash.

Last edited by gradyex; 06-06-2007 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:29 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Very nice Turbo, just paint the side skirts and the front lip.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:20 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Is the shifter/brake option DAD or ECA?

Old 06-06-2007, 04:20 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gradyex
Your right. I stuck with Nikon (have a D100 thats about 8 years old) because I already have an assortment of Nikor lenses. If not for that I was tempted to go the Cannon route myself. I am having a frustrating time with color accuracy especially when printing. The D200 is a fantastic camera but I am still learning how to use it properly. The photos were shot around 7:00pm this evening with overcast and a low light situation like you described. On some shots I used an SB-800 speedlight which helped a bit but most are without a flash.
With post processing you should be able to correct anything but I have to admit, my workflow is a bit more tedious with Nikon shots. Even though I have a Pantone Color Spyder for monitor calibration and use all of the correct ICC profiles for my printer/paper, I still have a tough time color correcting some of my low light/flash Nikon shots.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:21 AM
MeanMachine, Mucho Problemo. I like all the lowers painted or none of them. makes the car look unbalanced. Must say I like the painted lowers myself. City living and steep driveways (including my own) make it a bad choice.

Last edited by gradyex; 06-06-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:22 AM
Eric the option is DAD. Its a bit pricey but a MUST , IF you go for deviated stitching (if not there is no way Porsche will do the stitching on the boot shifter like the rest of the car). They got you coming and going! I didn't get anything deviated.

Last edited by gradyex; 06-06-2007 at 04:41 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upgraded my camera today here are more shots of my TT (GT /Black)