997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Need your opinion Please on Wheels for my Speed Yellow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 04:21 AM
Saudi_Turbo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by msindi
My vote is HRE or GT3 RS wheels in black with yellow lip
(GT3 RS wheels in black with yellow lip) any photo? sounds cool

Old 06-29-2007, 04:25 AM
glpdx is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by msindi
My vote is HRE or GT3 RS wheels in black with yellow lip
I would be concerned with maintaining a yellow lip and would think that every little tiny nick or chip from road debrit will be very noticable.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:06 AM
How about Techart Formula (Black)?

Old 06-29-2007, 07:14 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Well, i def vote for a 19" wheel. Not that 20s wouldnt look nice, but i think with a TT you should still focus on the perf of the car....thats just my $.02

As for wheel - ANY wheel mentioned previously in this thread would be SICK...the HREs, the Cargraphics, the Techarts, etc....

The thing that i think would make the most difference - the color combo. A lot of people have done the Yellow car on Black wheel thing...still looks great, but its not that original anymore. Yellow lipps would be sweeet and make it more unique...but i would bet that just a nice polished lip with machined center would look the best...the most "classic" of the looks and allow you to focus on the most important part - the 997TT!!!

Good Luck!

Old 06-29-2007, 11:37 AM
golfguy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Saudi_Turbo
How about Techart Formula (Black)?
techart wheels are made from cast metal and are much heavier than stock. if you like the no-lip, 5 spoke styling, have a look at forged wheels from ruf, rennworx and neez.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Oh yea, make sure you check the weights of the wheels. There is a big disparity between them. Champion & HRE Competition Series are some examples of some lighter wheels. BBS Competition, too.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:13 PM
ROCKETW19 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by glpdx
HRE Competition Series C21s with black centers. Black center wheels on a yellow Porsche is hot.
yes i agree but i like the C20s a bit better. black wheels will look best on your car IMO also.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:16 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
I like RINSPEEDs myself I am biased since I am getting them for my TT. So far no one outside of speculation can prove that 20's with the same rolling diameter hampers the handling/performance of the car. With lighter forged one piece 20" wheels its weight being less or equal to the stock rim, same ratios front/back and same rolling diameter(245/30/20 & 325/25/20) - would it not be on par performance and handling? Seems like companies suchs as RinSpeed, TechArt and Gemballa are building cars around the 20" wheel setup.

I agree to each their own but I like 20's without a large lip. I have considered the 590R's in brushed 20" and asking them to reduce the rear lip to 2-2.5" since they work with a thicker centerpad. I like the C21's but I can't get them in 20's and since they are step lip they have a smaller center face and i don't like that. I had a set of 20"s step lip on my M5 and I liked them alot. In fact the same company makes wheels what would fit except they are on the heavy side(35lbs).

Good luck with your decision.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:57 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
still looks great, but its not that original anymore.

Good Luck!
a nice black armani suit isn't so original either... it's classic and so is yellow w/ black wheels with polished lip. it'll never go out of style just as much as silver wheels or any other color.

now on the other hand, going pink wheels... that's unique esp on a 911.

you do it

Old 06-29-2007, 06:01 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Cargraphics or BBS ftw!

Old 06-30-2007, 07:23 AM
PIXC55 is on a distinguished road
CHECK WHEELB he has speed yellow on 20 inch HRE so you can have idea i thing he might be selling he techarts he had....

Old 06-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
So far no one outside of speculation can prove that 20's with the same rolling diameter hampers the handling/performance of the car. With lighter forged one piece 20" wheels its weight being less or equal to the stock rim, same ratios front/back and same rolling diameter(245/30/20 & 325/25/20) - would it not be on par performance and handling? Seems like companies suchs as RinSpeed, TechArt and Gemballa are building cars around the 20" wheel setup.

I like the C21's but I can't get them in 20's and since they are step lip they have a smaller center face and i don't like that.
At risk of speaking outside my expertise, I believe it could be proved by someone with the right engineering background. The same weight wheel in 19" will (probably) have less unsprung mass and rotational inertia. My guess is the Competition series are not made in 20" because, in fact, that would seriously degrade the performance of the wheel. Also, with such a small sidewall, there is less room for error with balancing, etc... After all that, you still have the harsher ride, due to the smaller side wall.

Notice how you don't see any 997s running 20" at the track or 996s running 19s at the track, at least when they are competing?

It all depends on if you want just looks or you want ride/performance.

Then again, this is just my uneducated opinion.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:38 PM
[quote=golfguy]definitely go with 19" forged wheels. they will weigh less and the ride will be better.

as for style, it's really a matter of personal preference. i ordered the gp7 from pes (see picture below) based on the following criteria:

- lipless design
- charcoal gray color to hide the brake dust
- more aggressive offsets than stock to fill the fender wells without using spacers

have a look at the following sites for some ideas:

www.championmotorsport.com
www.wheelenhancement.com
www.tirerack.com
www.forgeline.com
www.fiske.com
www.hrewheels.com
www.kinesismotorsports.com

Although I have placed an order for HRE 590r (Black center with polished lip) but would love to see your SY TTcar...as for some reasons the two photos not opening or shown here....kindly can you post them again?

Old 07-06-2007, 08:03 PM
golfguy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Saudi_Turbo
Although I have placed an order for HRE 590r (Black center with polished lip) but would love to see your SY TTcar...as for some reasons the two photos not opening or shown here....kindly can you post them again?
the pictures i posted are from eclou's 997tt. here are several links to gp7 pictures:

http://www.pes-tuning.com/GP7_wheel_pics.htm
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...&highlight=gp7
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t=87613&page=2

i'll post my pictures when i get the wheels in early august.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:49 PM
mikebaab is on a distinguished road
Don't forget Dymags!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need your opinion Please on Wheels for my Speed Yellow