997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Shifter/Handbrake w/Deviated Stitched Explained By Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 10:27 AM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
803 & Cdz-09991 ?

Gee-bee

Old 07-09-2007, 03:51 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GEE-BEE
803 & Cdz-09991 ?

Gee-bee
What is your question?

Old 07-09-2007, 03:55 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Isnt the 803 the carbon pkg with CDZ / 09991 stitching

Old 07-09-2007, 03:56 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
There's no way to get the carbon e-brake/shift **** with the deviated stitching. Only the aluminum shift **** (one or the other).

Old 07-09-2007, 04:09 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atomic80
There's no way to get the carbon e-brake/shift **** with the deviated stitching. Only the aluminum shift **** (one or the other).
I actually do not want the carbon shift/brake but I do want the trim strip on the dash in carbon. Unfortuately the only way to get it is wth the 860 option which includes the shift/brake. As you say - that is where the conflict is. Can I just not order 860 and then add it through the parts department? I guess I shoud be asking my dealer that. I know there are some options that can't be ordered through the parts department unless they were originally on the car. You need a VIN from a car that had the option from the factory.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:00 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Why not just order the car with the aluminum DAW/09991 shift/e-brake handle then go here:

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...ory_Code=997cf

To get the carbon fiber trim piece for the dashboard. I guess that's what you'd have to do in the end.

I also was told by Sunset Porsche that it's not possible to order parts using VIN numbers anymore. I'm not sure if this is a recent development or not because I was able to order the CDZ gear shift trim piece using a VIN number via my local dealership recently.

Last edited by atomic80; 07-09-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:50 PM
lager99 is on a distinguished road
I say true.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Why not just order the car with the aluminum DAW/09991 shift/e-brake handle then go here:

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...ory_Code=997cf

To get the carbon fiber trim piece for the dashboard. I guess that's what you'd have to do in the end.

I also was told by Sunset Porsche that it's not possible to order parts using VIN numbers anymore. I'm not sure if this is a recent development or not because I was able to order the CDZ gear shift trim piece using a VIN number via my local dealership recently.
Will do! Unfortunately, for 2008, the computer won't let me order DAW along with CDZ and, in spite of the email from Porsche, won't let me order DAX with or without CDZ. I really want the CDZ option that you pointed out to me earlier. Any ideas?

Last edited by imcarnuts; 07-10-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Did it say why you couldn't get these two together? It doesn't make much sense to me why Porsche wouldn't let you get these two together. They go together very well in fact. This is a real head scratcher.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Did it say why you couldn't get these two together? It doesn't make much sense to me why Porsche wouldn't let you get these two together. They go together very well in fact. This is a real head scratcher.
Yes - That is what my dealer said. I was on the phone with him today while he was attempting to input these options. It would not take DAX alone and would not take DAW with CDZ. Considering the over $500.00 difference for DAW over DAD, maybe CDZ is included. How do you like your Tech Art steering wheel? It looks awesome, but VERY thick.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:45 PM
I looked at the original image you posted showing the different types of options, DAD, DAX, DAW, etc and I can't tell if it includes CDZ or not. I really do hope that they manage to straighten things out because it would really be a shame if you weren't able to get CDZ to go with DAW/DAX. In fact, I was able to look at my friend's 997TT with DAD and my god, it's beautiful! My plan is to order the DAD shift ****/e-brake and put just the e-brake handle in leaving the current CF shift **** in mine. I like that better than the DAD aluminum shift **** anyways.

In any case, the Techart steering wheel is probably my favorite addition to the Turbo. I love holding on to it however sinister that might've sounded. I really do think that this is the steering wheel that Porsche should have offered from the beginning. I got the CF/leather version and my buddy got the all leather version.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:46 AM
toffeGT2 is on a distinguished road
From looking at MY08 option descripton,CDZ can only be order under DAD. As for DAX and DAW showing CDZ is a order restrictions. From reading the detail note DAX and DAW did show gear level trim is included. But I am not 100% sure, basically I am kind of lost here too.
I really hate all these confusion, as by the end of this week I need to finialize my spec.

Last edited by toffeGT2; 07-12-2007 at 03:18 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:27 AM
Originally Posted by toffeGT2
From looking at MY08 option descripton,CDZ can only be order under DAD. As for DAX and DAW showing CDZ is a order restrictions. From reading the detail note DAX and DAW did show gear level trim is included. But I am 100% sure, basically I am kind of lost here too.
I really hate all these confusion, as by the end of this week I need to finialize my spec.
So if you do NOT want stitching you can order DAD & CDZ, but if you DO want stitching then you order DAX or DAW and they come with CDZ. Is that your interpretation? That would explain the hugh price increase from DAD to DAW.

Please keep us informed of any new information.
Thanks

Old 07-11-2007, 08:29 AM
That's possible about the huge price increase. I guess the only way to find out is to order it and hope for the best OR you could ask your dealership to contact PCNA for confirmation on that. I think that's what I'd suggest that you do at this point.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:05 AM
My 08 Will Be Here In A Few I Ordered Dad With Cdj , They Changed It To Daw With Cdj
Gee-bee

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shifter/Handbrake w/Deviated Stitched Explained By Porsche