997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Need helps on TechArt Body kits purchase and questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 09:49 AM
toffeGT2 is on a distinguished road
Need helps on TechArt Body kits purchase and questions.

I am in the market of buying the Techart kits, would really like to mix the GT front and side skirts with the regular TA rear diffuser and Spoiler. Will this configuartion work, I was told if I wanted to get the GT front, I need to get the front carbon Fenders with intake ducts as well. Is it true?

Can anyone give me some clue on the offset for formula 20" 8.5 front and 12 rear for TT and any spacer required?

Thanks..
Kenneth

First configuration
TA front spoiler I
TA Rear Diffuser
TA Rear Spoiler I
TA side skirts.
TA Eyelids
TA Roof spoiler
TA Spring
TA Tailpipes (Double pipe Chrome)
Formula 20" Black 8.5F offset? 12R offset?
Need spacers?

OR second configuration (Not sure will the GT front
bumper work with the stock front side fenders anyone?)
TA GT front bumper
TA rear Diffuser
TA Rear Spoiler I
TA GT side skirts
TA Eyelids
TA Roof spoiler
TA Spring
Need spacers?

Old 07-17-2007, 09:51 AM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
Peter at wheelexperts.com (877).681.0700 ... Board sponsor and trusted service with an impeccable track record.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Absolute Motoring is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by toffeGT2
I am in the market of buying the Techart kits, would really like to mix the GT front and side skirts with the regular TA rear diffuser and Spoiler. Will this configuartion work, I was told if I wanted to get the GT front, I need to get the front carbon Fenders with intake ducts as well. Is it true?

Can anyone give me some clue on the offset for formula 20" 8.5 front and 12 rear for TT and any spacer required?

Thanks..
Kenneth

First configuration
TA front spoiler I
TA Rear Diffuser
TA Rear Spoiler I
TA side skirts.
TA Eyelids
TA Roof spoiler
TA Spring
Need spacers?

OR second configuration (Not sure will the GT front
bumper work with the stock front side fenders anyone?)
TA GT front bumper
TA rear Diffuser
TA Rear Spoiler I
TA GT side skirts
TA Eyelids
TA Roof spoiler
TA Spring
Need spacers?
Hello Kenneth,
The GT Street Front Bumper will work with out adding the Techart fenders.

The offset on the Formula wheels is 20X8.5 with an offset of 40 and 20X12 in the rear with an offset of 48. Spacers are not required for these wheels.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:20 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
That's going to be a really interesting look! Please do us the honor of posting pictures of your car after it's all finished!

Old 07-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
I do not think the GT bumper edge will line up properly with the OEM fenders as the GT fenders are 10mm wider at the wheelarch. TechArt is making a special wheel for the front of the GTStreet which is the 20x8.5 et40 mentioned above. TechArt's standard wheel for all 997 models with standard fenders is a 20x8.5 et52. I do not think the et40 will work with the std fender.

We do have a full aerokit type I in stock in our Dallas warehouse in case you decide to go that route. Personally I think the GT front bumper may be a little heavy without the rest of the GTS parts, but that is just me.

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 07-17-2007, 09:02 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Are you doing all of this stuff to a GT2?

Old 07-18-2007, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by lee2375
I do not think the GT bumper edge will line up properly with the OEM fenders as the GT fenders are 10mm wider at the wheelarch. TechArt is making a special wheel for the front of the GTStreet which is the 20x8.5 et40 mentioned above. TechArt's standard wheel for all 997 models with standard fenders is a 20x8.5 et52. I do not think the et40 will work with the std fender.

We do have a full aerokit type I in stock in our Dallas warehouse in case you decide to go that route. Personally I think the GT front bumper may be a little heavy without the rest of the GTS parts, but that is just me.
Thanks, PM you on the detail.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Are you doing all of this stuff to a GT2?
I got myself a 997TT this time, the GT2 that I had is a 996 in the past.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by toffeGT2
Thanks, PM you on the detail.
Thanks, check your PM

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***