997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Auto Transport Recommendation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 03:29 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Mike,,

U packin the snow tires!!!!! LOL

Jim
Nope. I don't intend to drive it in the snow as I don't need it at all for work (taking PATH train into Manhattan). I'll just leave it in the garage until roads are clear. I started another thread on the Cayenne b/c I will eventually buy some sort of SUV.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:12 PM
gellie can only hope to improve
My 09 Targa just arrived from CC transport. Picked up from GA on wednesday afternoon. Arrived (in what seems) perfect condition 2 days early. Communication was fantastic. I'll report more tomorrow when I get to see her in the daylight.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:29 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
I had a great experience with Intercity a few years back.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Platinum Sponsor
Corey@WB is a splendid one to beholdCorey@WB is a splendid one to beholdCorey@WB is a splendid one to beholdCorey@WB is a splendid one to beholdCorey@WB is a splendid one to beholdCorey@WB is a splendid one to beholdCorey@WB is a splendid one to beholdCorey@WB is a splendid one to behold
I've always done business with JP Logistics. Try giving George a call.

Corey@wheelsboutique.com
TOP WORLDWIDE DEALER FOR HRE / Adv1/ Volk Racing/ Champion/ SpeedArt/ TechArt/D2Forged/ Vorsteiner/ Wald/ Brembo/Eibach & More
Old 03-07-2013, 08:19 PM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
Ask for Seth at cat express. Tell him Jeff from exoticsrally sent you. Super good guy.

Originally Posted by emilgh
I transport often. Got to go enclosed...

I've been meaning to try these guys out:

http://www.catexpress.com/

Not sure if they do the FL to LA run, but they're run by a good guy who is a real enthusiast. When I ship my GT3 from NY to LA in a month or so, I'll be calling them to see what the deal is.

Generally, though, I use Dealer2Dealer. They're a broker of transporters based in Texas. I've used them tons of times with much success.

Dealer-2-Dealer Auto Transport
+1 (888) 222-2065
dealertodealerautotransport@earthlink.net

When I sent the GT3 from LA to NY last time, it cost $900 enclosed... and it took about 8 days.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:30 AM
2006GT is an unknown quantity at this point
Are these guys still around and reputable?
Do they specialize in coast to coast transport as well?
Thx much!

Originally Posted by phaphaphooey
Can't believe no one has said horseless carriage yet. I was under the impression that they were the standard. Booked with Intercity, waited a week, heard nothing, called and was told it could be 3 to 4 weeks before my car was picked up from the seller. No thank you.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:08 PM
barncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the rough
I had real good luck with autobahn transport 630 254 1184
newer covered trucks, on time and courteous driver

Old 06-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Miss J is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have a contact at Plycar?

I'm trying to collect quotes for my move next month and everyone speaks so highly of them but so far, I haven't been in any way happy with their communication. They are about to get removed from the running.

This is much harder that I thought it would be. I've found companies that people like but their BBB is terrible. There are so many companies out there.

Last edited by Miss J; 06-18-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:57 PM
2006GT is an unknown quantity at this point
Hc

I was in your shoes only a few weeks ago and I'm so glad it's over now. Agreed, there are tons of companies out there and not many can do the job right. You'll save yourself a ton of time and headaches if you do as follows:
Call Bob at Horseless Carriage (Paterson, NJ) if you want to sleep well at night and go through a hassle free process. He just shipped me car from Cali to NY in about 7-8 days. I couldn't be happier with the way things went. Price was pretty much the best I was quoted from all the reputable guys.

Passport was also good but VERY pricey and needed over 3 weeks to get the job done, given their routes and truck availability.

Plycar never responded to my emails nor calls/messages!!

Good luck.

Originally Posted by Miss J
Does anyone have a contact at Plycar?

I'm trying to collect quotes for my move next month and everyone speaks so highly of them but so far, I haven't been in any way happy with their communication. They are about to get removed from the running.

This is much harder that I thought it would be. I've found companies that people like but their BBB is terrible. There are so many companies out there.

Last edited by 2006GT; 06-19-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:57 AM
williamsmithrock is on a distinguished road
Before deciding any auto transporter, it is very important to compare at least 7 to 9 auto transport quotes from various car shipping companies. Usually when I ship my car, I go with transport rankings. Simply submit the transportation details in http://www.transportrankings.com/TRS/ Then many companies will submit their quotes. By comparing all those quotes, i will choose the company that can transport my car safely in my budget

Old 12-30-2013, 03:25 AM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Gcalo
Call Bob Sellers at Intercity rsellers@intercitylines.com or at 1-800-221-3936

You will not find any better.

The only line Porsche used to transport the Carrera GT!

Only transport company I use.

http://www.intercitylines.com/
Yup, Intercity is the only way to go. They transported my CGT as well which has a very tricky clutch.
They are very professional.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:09 PM
Banned
JohnnyMo is on a distinguished road
I've used the guys over at a1 auto transport a few times with no issues. There's several good options out there though and it's not a bad idea to do a little price comparing before deciding. Just watch out for estimates that are WAY lower than others--that's a big red flag.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:50 PM
Blake Anderson is on a distinguished road
Unless you have 2500 posts or have had a Supra for the past 5 years or have one that makes over 1000whp everyone will treat you like garbage."

"Also, this Chinese fellow from the Marines.... I seriously do not know what this guy is about, I saw him and really began to notice him on this board 5+ years ago, can't figure out if he's got the longest trolling in history going on, or if he really has been trying to prove he is 'something or somebody' to a bunch of strangers in the off topic subsection of a forum dedicated to a 20 year old Toyota for the better part of a decade."

Old 12-20-2015, 12:18 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by plastique999
Yup, Intercity is the only way to go. They transported my CGT as well which has a very tricky clutch. They are very professional.
Intercity again just delivered my LP640....took a little while but well worth the wait!

Old 12-21-2015, 08:18 AM
Premium Sponsor
intercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud of
Thank You

Originally Posted by plastique999
Intercity again just delivered my LP640....took a little while but well worth the wait!

Murcielago LP 640 delivery by Intercity - YouTube
plastique999,

Thank You for your order. Apologies on the delay on your LP640, but glad to hear all went well with your transport and it arrived safe and sound. Have a great holiday season as we look forward to helping you with your next move.

1-800-221-3936 x205
jim@intercitylines.com
www.intercitylines.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auto Transport Recommendation?