997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Auto Transport Recommendation?

Old 01-29-2008, 08:40 PM
supac is on a distinguished road
Auto Transport Recommendation?

I'm looking to ship a 997 from Tampa, FL to Los Angeles, CA. Does anyone have any good recommendations for an auto transport company?

I have gotten quotes of ~800 for open carrier, and ~1400 for enclosed carrier from many different companies. I'm worried about weather and rock chips, so I think enclosed is the better way to go. Thoughts?

Much thanks in advance.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:43 PM
Banned
kuch997 is on a distinguished road
Hey bro just posted on the 997TT forum. I just got my car shipped today from Miami to Chicago by High End Transport at gohet.com. Great people, closed, private carrier, far less than the $1400 you've been quoted. I spoke with Angel Carbonara (305-519-3619) and he's great!!! Tell him Roman sent you...Oh and def go closed!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 08:47 PM
emilgh will become famous soon enoughemilgh will become famous soon enough
I transport often. Got to go enclosed...

I've been meaning to try these guys out:

http://www.catexpress.com/

Not sure if they do the FL to LA run, but they're run by a good guy who is a real enthusiast. When I ship my GT3 from NY to LA in a month or so, I'll be calling them to see what the deal is.

Generally, though, I use Dealer2Dealer. They're a broker of transporters based in Texas. I've used them tons of times with much success.

Dealer-2-Dealer Auto Transport
+1 (888) 222-2065
dealertodealerautotransport@earthlink.net

When I sent the GT3 from LA to NY last time, it cost $900 enclosed... and it took about 8 days.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:57 PM
E-Man is on a distinguished road
Enclosed is the only way to go. I just had a Ferrari transported from Texas and used Corporate Auto Transport. DO NOT use these guys. nightmare! make sure if you go enclosed that the trailer is hard walled and not a curtain van. makes a big difference. I've heard good things about FedEx.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:04 PM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
I've used these guys, although they are not cheap. Very good and fast (4 days from tampa to Seattle). Enclosed and only 2 cars at a time transport.

http://www.enclosedvehicletransport.com/

Old 01-29-2008, 09:09 PM
TripleInboard is on a distinguished road
Been incredibly pleased with both Passport (FedEx) and Intercity.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:12 PM
emilgh will become famous soon enoughemilgh will become famous soon enough
Here's the passport quote system:

http://passport.fedex.com/instantquote/

Old 01-29-2008, 09:18 PM
GossettPorsche is on a distinguished road
here are a few that I have used with great success....
Brett (or Vince)@ Premier Carriers (always been good) 877-667-7364
or Mark @ Express Auto Delivery. (very fast. he got a Cayenne to Bev. Hills for me in 3 days....1 week before Xmas!) his direct# is 319-730-3411. just tell either one that I referred you.

Best of Luck, and Congratulations!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Call Bob Sellers at Intercity rsellers@intercitylines.com or at 1-800-221-3936

You will not find any better.

The only line Porsche used to transport the Carrera GT!

Only transport company I use.

http://www.intercitylines.com/

Old 01-29-2008, 09:40 PM
sclemmons is on a distinguished road
+1 on Intercity. Have used them three times on cross country trips. Trouble free. As advertised. A+.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:57 PM
Daytonaviolet will become famous soon enough
+1 with innercity. they are friendly, fast and very courteous. also, they delivered my car 2 days early. they used an enclosed carrier and they also had a car cover on my car. here is a link of my delivery. it was was about $1500 from Texas to the Bay Area.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=114708

Old 03-16-2008, 01:30 AM
supac is on a distinguished road
Intercity Report

I decided to go with Intercity, their price was slightly cheaper than the other reputable recommendations (such as Fedex). Total cost from Jacksonville, FL to Monterey Park, CA was 1766 + 106 fuel surcharge = 1872. Still a lot more than the random enclosed transport services I found, but worth it for my peace of mind.

I faxed in the paperwork for the order on 2/19. I was told the car would be picked up within 10-14 days, but didn't hear from them until I e-mailed on 3/3 for a status update. They informed me that the car would be picked up over the weekend. I waited until Sun and didn't hear anything. So I asked again and they said the car would be picked up on Mon (3/10) and that I would get a call from the driver. Well Mon came and went and still nothing. At this point I was getting somewhat irritated, so I e-mailed once again. Lo and behold, the driver (Jerry S) called me on Tue and said he was on his way, w/ a ETA of Sat 3/15. Jerry called me again on Fri to confirm the Sat delivery, and he was right on time - 2pm.

Intercity's equipment and delivery service is top-notch. Jerry inspected the car very very closely upon pickup and noted every nick, however minor. They covered the car so as to prevent dusting. Drop off went quickly and smoothly. Good job.

Count me in for another vote for Intercity, my only complaint is the lack of communication leading up to the car pickup. Much thanks to everyone for their recommendations. Cheers.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:49 AM
mxk116 has a spectacular aura aboutmxk116 has a spectacular aura about
+1 for Intercity. I have used them on 6 separate occasions shipping cars from Ohio to Cali and back, from Las Vegas to Ohio and from Houston, Texas to Ohio. Professional and courteous I always knew where my vehicle was in transit and how it was being treated. Whether you are shipping a Ferrari or a VW, in my experience they treat all the vehicles with equal and appropriate care.

This is a classic "you get what you pay for" decision. IMO- Intercity is a no brainer.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Banned
Rennsport-One is on a distinguished road
Call Melissa @ HighEnd Transport. They are very reasonable and do great/reliable work. They have shipped many high end cars for me.
www.gohet.com

Old 08-17-2009, 10:21 PM
melaniecar is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by supac
I'm looking to ship a 997 from Tampa, FL to Los Angeles, CA. Does anyone have any good recommendations for an auto transport company?

I have gotten quotes of ~800 for open carrier, and ~1400 for enclosed carrier from many different companies. I'm worried about weather and rock chips, so I think enclosed is the better way to go. Thoughts?

Much thanks in advance.
Definitely go with enclosed without question to protect your car. I had a good experience with Crowley Auto Transport - website. They were not only the cheapest but the most efficient. I called the last minute to change my destination from Mountian View California to San Jose California which is 30 minutes different and they changed it without any charge and was on time. I would recommend to any one out there! They are helpful and honest…

Last edited by melaniecar; 05-23-2022 at 12:30 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auto Transport Recommendation?