997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Auto Transport Recommendation?

Old 01-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Alicia4410 is on a distinguished road
Auto Transport Reviews

Does anyone know of any other transport review companies besides transport reviews or http://www.tierads.com/?

Old 01-18-2011, 07:42 PM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
Can't believe no one has said horseless carriage yet. I was under the impression that they were the standard. Booked with Intercity, waited a week, heard nothing, called and was told it could be 3 to 4 weeks before my car was picked up from the seller. No thank you.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:59 PM
e36
e36 is on a distinguished road
funny this topic should come up.

this is what i saw in blaine, WA, last weekend.. just don't use these guys?

wonder if it was a manual car that somehow was stuck in neutral.

Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2011, 07:47 AM
Premium Sponsor
intercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud of
phaphaphooey,

We are sorry we were not able to offer the timing your expected. Unfortunately Jan is a very busy time of year for us with the Scottsdale Auctions. I am surprised you were told it would be 3-4 weeks, I did note to you that we would put your order on the next available truck, but you realistically only gave us 2 days to work your order into scheduling. Again, we are sorry we were not able to offer the timing you were expected. If in the future you need an auto transported we would like the opportunity to try and show you the service we can provide.

Thanks,
Jim
Intercity Lines
www.intercitylines.com

1-800-221-3936 x205
jim@intercitylines.com
www.intercitylines.com
Old 01-19-2011, 08:01 PM
Frank A. is on a distinguished road
I used Horseless Carriage and they were great. Good communication during the entire trip and everything went perfectly. Good luck!

Regards,
Frank A.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:34 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by intercity
phaphaphooey,

We are sorry we were not able to offer the timing your expected. Unfortunately Jan is a very busy time of year for us with the Scottsdale Auctions. I am surprised you were told it would be 3-4 weeks, I did note to you that we would put your order on the next available truck, but you realistically only gave us 2 days to work your order into scheduling. Again, we are sorry we were not able to offer the timing you were expected. If in the future you need an auto transported we would like the opportunity to try and show you the service we can provide.

Thanks,
Jim
Intercity Lines
www.intercitylines.com

Crap Jim.......I wish u would have got this! I used u guys and u r First Class all the way!

Jim

Old 01-20-2011, 05:52 AM
gellie can only hope to improve
I'm in the process of using CC Auto movers. So far pick up and communication has been great. I should receive my Porsch Fri/Sat. I'll follow up upon receipt.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:26 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
I am booked with Intercity and my car is available to pick up as of 2/1. Jim has been helpful thus far and gave me a good price, but they did tell me pick up could be anywhere within 14 days after 2/1. I understand to some extent as it's a cross country move. However, it is a big window to have someone ready on my end for every day in that time frame. I will update the forum after my move from CA to NJ to inform everyone of the full experience.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:05 PM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the reply Jim. Your price quoted was great but I felt a little misled when I wasn't told that pickup could be 3+ weeks since many of your trucks were in Arizona at the time until I called almost a week later to check status and was told what I posted earlier. It was bad luck on my part to book during Scottsdale but wish I would have been told on the front end. I believe the timetable given to you was more generous than that but I will not argue over that. Disregarding communication and timeliness, I have heard nothing but great things about your company and will not hesitate to use your company in the future if I am working on a longer timetable.

Originally Posted by intercity
phaphaphooey,

Thanks,
Jim
Intercity Lines
www.intercitylines.com

Old 01-20-2011, 05:57 PM
996toomey will become famous soon enough
My experience with Inter-City was excellent. I would use them again.

Attached Images   
Old 01-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Premium Sponsor
intercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud of
michaeldantep,

Thanks for the follow up and your patience. We will be able to update you better as soon as we have your order assigned to a driver and know his schedule. We will give you ample notice so that you can coordinate an alternate contact to be available to delivery. If you need any further information, as always, please feel free to contact the office.

Thanks,
Jim
Intercity Lines
www.intercitylines.com

1-800-221-3936 x205
jim@intercitylines.com
www.intercitylines.com
Old 01-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Premium Sponsor
jjc4scab,

Thanks for the follow up. We really wanted to move his Gallardo, but unfortunately we were not able to offer the timing he needed on this move. Believe me I never like to disappoint any customer, especially a forum member, but we are glad he will be able to get his Gallardo moved in a time manner that he is looking for.

Thanks,
Jim
Intercity Lines

1-800-221-3936 x205
jim@intercitylines.com
www.intercitylines.com
Old 01-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Premium Sponsor
996toomey,

Thank you for your post and kind words. We really appreciate your business and if we can ever assist you with any future moves please let us know.

Thanks,
Jim
Intercity Lines
www.intercitylines.com

1-800-221-3936 x205
jim@intercitylines.com
www.intercitylines.com
Old 01-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Premium Sponsor
phaphaphooey,

Thanks again for your feedback we really appreciate it. Again sorry for not being able to move your Gallardo in the time frame your were looking for. I think originally our plan was to move your vehicle on a truck heading that way towards the Scottsdale auctions, but as always in the auto transportation business routes, schedules and plans can change on a daily basis. Again my apologies, we should have contacted you to notify that there was a delay. Please let us know if we can help you with any future moves.

Thanks,
Jim
Intercity Lines
www.intercitylines.com

1-800-221-3936 x205
jim@intercitylines.com
www.intercitylines.com
Old 01-21-2011, 01:42 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
I am booked with Intercity and my car is available to pick up as of 2/1. Jim has been helpful thus far and gave me a good price, but they did tell me pick up could be anywhere within 14 days after 2/1. I understand to some extent as it's a cross country move. However, it is a big window to have someone ready on my end for every day in that time frame. I will update the forum after my move from CA to NJ to inform everyone of the full experience.

Mike,,

U packin the snow tires!!!!! LOL

Jim

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auto Transport Recommendation?