997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Need some help: Regards to Instrument Gauge Cluster Programming?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 09:37 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Need some help: Regards to Instrument Gauge Cluster Programming?

Just bought a full silver 997 (6 speed) instrument cluster....It is unprogrammed and has zero miles on it. Any direction on how I can get my current mileage on this? Thanks all for any advice, direction, etc....

I have heard I thought of people actually taking the clusters apart and swapping just the faces? Not sure the best way to go but open to any and all ideas..... again thanks!

that said if anyone wants to buy a mint black gauge cluster it will be up for sale soon assuming this all works out......just always loved the silver set up.... Thanks......

Old 02-07-2008, 08:59 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
solution

hoping this helps soemone else down the road. Just found out that the cluster needs to be reprogrammed to reflect accurate mileage and this can be done at the dealer. Reprogram and swap is going to run me roughly 250$. So hoping to have this done once the gauges arrive.

anyone in the amrket for a black instrument gauge cluster please let me know... Thanks

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Just bought a full silver 997 (6 speed) instrument cluster....It is unprogrammed and has zero miles on it. Any direction on how I can get my current mileage on this? Thanks all for any advice, direction, etc....

I have heard I thought of people actually taking the clusters apart and swapping just the faces? Not sure the best way to go but open to any and all ideas..... again thanks!

that said if anyone wants to buy a mint black gauge cluster it will be up for sale soon assuming this all works out......just always loved the silver set up.... Thanks......

Old 02-07-2008, 02:10 PM
roadhumper is on a distinguished road
Need some help. Regards to Gauge cluster programing?

North Hollywood Speedometer might able to help you. Their phone # 818-761-5136.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:24 PM
nr_carrera is on a distinguished road
where did you buy the cluster from? Ebay?

Old 02-07-2008, 03:26 PM
yes

yes.... please don't tell me I got scammed? seemed to have good feedback scores at 100%, was responsive in all my questions etc... should be here next week. I have been looking for one for sometime and dealer wanted 2K so gave up and then this came up and did a buy it now and scooped it up, should be here early next week...

Originally Posted by nr_carrera
where did you buy the cluster from? Ebay?

Old 02-07-2008, 04:26 PM
nr_carrera is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mickfluff
yes.... please don't tell me I got scammed? seemed to have good feedback scores at 100%, was responsive in all my questions etc... should be here next week. I have been looking for one for sometime and dealer wanted 2K so gave up and then this came up and did a buy it now and scooped it up, should be here early next week...
no, I did not mean that. Just want to know where did you get it. If the guy has 100% feed back, then he is a good guy. Let us know how it turn out.