997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Group Buy for GT3 Front Bumper Conversions!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 10:22 AM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
I would buy one as well if you could change the grade on my driveway.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:17 AM
997sRider is just really nice997sRider is just really nice997sRider is just really nice997sRider is just really nice997sRider is just really nice
I have the same problem. My drive way is too steep. I widened it a bit which helps but still scrapes once in a while if I'm not careful. Kinda sucks.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:40 PM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
Fernando, please tell me that you haven't already gone through the lips I already sent you!

I'll see if I can get something rolling on those.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Daytonaviolet will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by SuncoastSteve
Fernando, please tell me that you haven't already gone through the lips I already sent you!

I'll see if I can get something rolling on those.
hey steve,

actually im still on my 2nd lip the 2 you sent me i still have. i just haven't gotten around to send it back to you for the RS version. thanks for reminding me and i'll send it out this weekend. i just think that it would be nice to have some back up lips.

it would be great if you can match or beat other dealer's pricing i know of one who sells them for $156 gt3 version and $158 RS version. extended lip is extra of course

Old 03-20-2008, 06:25 PM
RickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud of
Isn't Suncoast an authorized dealer? It's interesting that an actual dealer would encourage selling a wind tunnel developed aerokit setup one piece at a time. As has been discussed before, adding an aero aid at the front without the corresponding rear piece is placing form over function and disrupting a carefully engineered balance.

The factory steadfastly refuses to install the aerodynamic pieces ala carte for good reason and it's surprising that an quasi extension of the factory would do so.

The warning shouldn't be about lip ground clearance as much as potential for sudden/uncontrollable high-speed oversteer (ala Audi TT circa 1999/2000). It would be one thing if these were 100 mph Civics, but these cars can go 180+ right off the boat.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Daytonaviolet will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by RickinColorado
Isn't Suncoast an authorized dealer? It's interesting that an actual dealer would encourage selling a wind tunnel developed aerokit setup one piece at a time. As has been discussed before, adding an aero aid at the front without the corresponding rear piece is placing form over function and disrupting a carefully engineered balance.

The factory steadfastly refuses to install the aerodynamic pieces ala carte for good reason and it's surprising that an quasi extension of the factory would do so.

The warning shouldn't be about lip ground clearance as much as potential for sudden/uncontrollable high-speed oversteer (ala Audi TT circa 1999/2000). It would be one thing if these were 100 mph Civics, but these cars can go 180+ right off the boat.
i thought the US spec gt3's were limited to 155mph?

Old 03-21-2008, 07:28 AM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
Isn't Suncoast an authorized dealer? It's interesting that an actual dealer would encourage selling a wind tunnel developed aerokit setup one piece at a time. As has been discussed before, adding an aero aid at the front without the corresponding rear piece is placing form over function and disrupting a carefully engineered balance. The factory steadfastly refuses to install the aerodynamic pieces ala carte for good reason and it's surprising that an quasi extension of the factory would do so. The warning shouldn't be about lip ground clearance as much as potential for sudden/uncontrollable high-speed oversteer (ala Audi TT circa 1999/2000). It would be one thing if these were 100 mph Civics, but these cars can go 180+ right off the boat.

And that's why the last sentence of my original post, and the page on our website clearly reads, "
Porsche does not recommend installing this bumper without adding a rear spoiler."

Old 03-21-2008, 07:55 AM
redduck996 is on a distinguished road
Steve,

PM sent

Old 03-21-2008, 02:24 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all

aerokit only helps over 100mph. how many 997's drive at that speed for a sustained time????

Old 03-22-2008, 08:12 AM
LeonJr will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by SuncoastSteve
Hey guys,we got a great deal on some bumpers, so we're passing on the savings to you! You may know that our normal price is $1495. On our website, we've dropped the price down to $1295, and for 6speeders we're offering the kit for:

$1150

Give me a phone call to purchase at the special price. Price does not reflect shipping or sales tax (for you FL guys).

FACTORY GT3 BUMPER CONVERSION

If you have a Carrera, you can upgrade to the aggressive styling of the GT3. This bumper cover is similar to the Aerokit bumper cover, but it also has cooling vents on the top of the bumper cover. This package includes the front bumper cover and all hardware necessary for this conversion. No modifications are necessary, this is a clean and easy installation of 100% Factory Porsche Parts. Paintwork is not included.

Fitment: All 997 models, 2005 or newer (except for Turbo & GT2).

NOTE: Reduces ground clearance and maximum approach angle on gradients. Porsche does not recommend installing this bumper without adding a rear spoiler.
Steve, when will Porsche release the new GT2 front bumper? That's what I am waiting for...

Old 03-22-2008, 10:17 AM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
I love my GT3 bumper - best mod that I have done....this is a great price. As for the no rear wing concenrs, the PDF I read from Porsche commented about sustained high speeds 150+ which is highly unlikley for many of us.

Last edited by synergy; 03-22-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:51 PM
mikej7879 is on a distinguished road
ahh paid more from the dealer.. no refunds sucks

Old 03-22-2008, 03:01 PM
mishref will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
steve,

wow..thats a great price. but, how about a GT3 or RS lip spoiler group buy. i think alot of people would love to stock up on this item.
+1 .. its only a matter of time before I go though my first (and second) set of replacements!

Old 03-26-2008, 05:15 PM
bondguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Is the groupbuy still going on? I'm interested in the GT3 front bumper, how much for shipping to 90015?

Old 03-26-2008, 05:29 PM
tbone will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by bondguy
Is the groupbuy still going on? I'm interested in the GT3 front bumper, how much for shipping to 90015?
I just ordered one this morning so give Steve a call.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Group Buy for GT3 Front Bumper Conversions!!