997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Remus Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 12:45 PM
LeNoah is on a distinguished road
Anyone locally (Orange County) sell Remus? Looking for info on price, weight etc. Went to Shark Werks and didn't see any info on Remus.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:09 PM
dndodd is on a distinguished road
Call them they do sell them.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:26 PM
MaxMOTO
REMUS Distribution

220 9th. street
San Francisco, CA. 94103

P 415.355.1400
F 415.355.0880
info@maxmoto.com
www.remus-usa.com
www.maxmoto.com

Old 04-03-2008, 01:48 PM
911fun is on a distinguished road
I hope this is ok to put here but just fyi, modacar.com also has them on their site.

Moderator, pls let me know if this is inappropriate and feel free to take down the posting.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Ian_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Piper
I guess I am a little confused. If everyone is pretty much convinced that the car does not get any increase in HP with mufflers, and you are wanting to keep similar to stock loudness, why switch at all? If the cats increase HP, but do not necessarily change the noise level, why not just swap out cats and leave stock mufflers? Help me out, am I missing something?
The stock cats also do a lot of silencing of the exhaust - in effect, they act as a second muffler on the car. If you replace the stock cats with high-flow (such as AWE) then you will have a much louder exhaust. The stock mufflers don't sound so good if the extra silencing the stock cats give is taken away. I ran this combination for a while and whilst it sounds like stock from inside the car, it sounds raspy, crackly and all-round 'orrible from outside!!!

I've always wondered why the manufacturers of 'sports' exhausts always assume that we need huge loudness as well as the increased efficiency that gives extra power. There's no reason on earth why an exhaust can't be designed that gives a big hike in power but is no louder than stock. I can't find any evidence as to whether the Remus offers any power gains (anyone help here?) but if it gives the same 20-ish BHP at the wheels that the AWE gives (from the independent tests that have been done, not their site) it would be the perfect 'stealth' solution. Message for AWE - superb product for efficiency but PLEASE can't we have a muffler that gives the increases but doesn't boom and sounds like the stock one????? I want a fast car but one that lets me hear the radio and the local police aren't forever taking an interest in!

Ian

Old 04-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Ian,

Frankly with the my combination AWE HEADER and CATS and a REMUS muffler I think I am getting all the benefits (20HP) quietly.

Those of us that want quiet systems seem to be in the minority.
Many people here talk about running straight pipes for louder exhausts.

I mentioned basically what you said to Mike at AWE one time and he said they are getting pressure to make a louder exhaust.

David

Old 04-03-2008, 06:03 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dndodd
I think I am getting all the benefits (20HP) quietly.
Is that dyno'd? Is that with Plenum and Chip?

Old 04-03-2008, 06:26 PM
No that is my SWAG, I have stated numerous times I haven't done any dyno's. I don't doubt that with all my mods that somewhere in my rpm's that I am getting close to an additional 40 HP and an equal amount of torque. Again SWAG.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Zaitster is on a distinguished road
REMUS claims 15hp gain with their complete system :
http://www.remusexhaustshop.com/pors...us-p-1181.html

Old 04-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ian_UK1
The stock cats also do a lot of silencing of the exhaust - in effect, they act as a second muffler on the car. If you replace the stock cats with high-flow (such as AWE) then you will have a much louder exhaust. The stock mufflers don't sound so good if the extra silencing the stock cats give is taken away. I ran this combination for a while and whilst it sounds like stock from inside the car, it sounds raspy, crackly and all-round 'orrible from outside!!!

I've always wondered why the manufacturers of 'sports' exhausts always assume that we need huge loudness as well as the increased efficiency that gives extra power. There's no reason on earth why an exhaust can't be designed that gives a big hike in power but is no louder than stock. I can't find any evidence as to whether the Remus offers any power gains (anyone help here?) but if it gives the same 20-ish BHP at the wheels that the AWE gives (from the independent tests that have been done, not their site) it would be the perfect 'stealth' solution. Message for AWE - superb product for efficiency but PLEASE can't we have a muffler that gives the increases but doesn't boom and sounds like the stock one????? I want a fast car but one that lets me hear the radio and the local police aren't forever taking an interest in!

Ian
Ian,

I hate drone/boom in the 2000-3000 rpms range, too, and I personally spend a lot of time test driving our prototypes to ensure we are optimizing acoustics in that area.

I have noticed that European drivers have a different expectation given that their "domestic" performance systems are very quiet to meet strict noise regulation enforcement over there.

But we've dyno tested European based systems, and they are definitely down on power vs US based or the new "export" systems coming from European manufacturers. Being in the business, we can sympathize. There really is no good way to have an OEM quiet system and make good power.

That being said, there are lots of features we have incorporated in our system to give a good balance of WOT power and part throttle quietness. Our system is a straight through configuration to maximize flow, but with a careful combination of perforation amount/placement, stainless wool packing and composite acoustic layering.

To my ears and most other owners, the drone is practically non-existant. But I will say that sensitivity to exhaust volume is subjective and you have to go to the extreme of OEM quieting to become inoffensive to all parties.

But then significant power is left on the table...