997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My new toy. 08 C4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 01:21 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Tastefully ordered, loving the silver seatbacks and alacantra seat inserts.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:34 PM
MelsM3 is on a distinguished road
Cool

Congrats!

Everything looks really good!

Last edited by MelsM3; 05-25-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:59 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
great ride

Old 05-25-2008, 04:15 PM
InTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud of
Looks great.

I haven't seen a center console lid like that before--very nice.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:34 PM
997ttt is on a distinguished road
yup,
side lights in "clear" would look awesome.
I have a 997TT. I miss the smooth look of the rear in a 997S (or the even wider 9974S!!)
I am not sure about the alcantra. Does this wear better than leather or is it primarily the look that you were going for. My leather is starting to wrinkle a little like my 997S.
Enjoy and rack on the miles!!
I received my 997TT on May 5th and I already have 1300 miles!!
I drive it whenever I get the chance. Who knows, any day could me my last day (or yours). So Drive it.... and enjoy!!

Old 05-25-2008, 05:24 PM
'08C4S has a spectacular aura about'08C4S has a spectacular aura about'08C4S has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the compliments but I didn't order the car myself, I just happened to like this one that my dealer got for stock. I am glad that I did get this one as I do like it and probably would have never even considered some of the options on it. I'd say the only thing I really miss is the thicker steering wheel. The thin steering wheel is quite a contrast to my 550i sport. It is only a 2 year quick lease as I wanted the DSG (PDK) but didn't want to wait for the new models and I figured I'd give Porsche 2 years to work the bugs out of it if there are any. Again, this car gave me some great ideas on what to order for my next one.

Last edited by '08C4S; 05-25-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:35 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on the new ride.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:41 PM
997ttt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by '08C4S
Thanks for the compliments but I didn't order the car myself, I just happened to like this one that my dealer got for stock. I am glad that I did get this one as I do like it and probably would have never even considered some of the options on it. I'd say the only thing I really miss is the thicker steering wheel. The thin steering wheel is quite a contrast to my 550i sport. It is only a 2 year quick lease as I wanted the DSG (PDK) but didn't want to wait for the new models and I figured I'd give Porsche 2 years to work the bugs out of it if there are any. Again, this car gave me some great ideas on what to order for my next one.

I am thinking that since I kept my 997s for only 3 years, I might be keeping my future 911 for 3-4 years. I might consider a 2 year lease if the terms were good.

Can you give me info on the terms of your 2 year lease?
tx

Old 05-25-2008, 07:21 PM
'08C4S has a spectacular aura about'08C4S has a spectacular aura about'08C4S has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 997ttt
I am thinking that since I kept my 997s for only 3 years, I might be keeping my future 911 for 3-4 years. I might consider a 2 year lease if the terms were good.

Can you give me info on the terms of your 2 year lease?
tx
PM sent.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:35 PM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
sweet! congrats!

Old 05-25-2008, 09:11 PM
porschenut911 is on a distinguished road
Sweet, ,love the wide hips. Congrats!

Old 05-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Nice list of options. I really dig the alcantara seats.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Maz
Maz is on a distinguished road
Adding the silver belts, seatbacks, and center console to go along with the silver painted wheels was a great idea! I'd also second the clear side lights to finish out the "silver" look.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Maz
Maz is on a distinguished road
Regarding the C2 vs. C4 Driving Difference

Originally Posted by '08C4S
am planning on driving it in all kinds of weather so the C4S was a natural choice for me. I don't feel any significant difference between the rear wheel drive and all wheel drive, except for a little "hunting" of the front end through the turns as compared to a linear response from the GT3. All around it is a fun, practical car. I just need to drive it more and leave my 550i in the garage.
The rear vs. all wheel question is something I've been interested in for awhile. Can you be more specific about what you mean "linear response," and / or expand on how the two drives differ while driving? Thanks in advance for any other C2 & C4 owner responses too.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Maz
The rear vs. all wheel question is something I've been interested in for awhile. Can you be more specific about what you mean "linear response," and / or expand on how the two drives differ while driving? Thanks in advance for any other C2 & C4 owner responses too.
I wanted to drive the car some more before I answered that question so I went out for a ride over the weekend on some of my favorite local roads and really concentrated on the handling to see if I notice any further differences. After trying the same turns at various speeds and settings, I would say the biggest difference is due to the pasm/sport button setting and not awd vs rwd. In normal mode, the suspension oscillates a bit and it feels like the front end is hunting a little. With the sport button/pasm buttons engaged the car feels more linear and tracks through the turns more accurately. Keep in mind that these were not speeds or loads you would achieve at the track so FWIW, I didn't notice any further significant differences. The GT3 in normal mode was about as stiff as the sport mode on the C4S so I think under normal street driving that would be the greatest difference. Of course driving on slippery roads the awd and stability management (psm) makes me more comfortable unlike the GT3 which did not have PSM.
By the way, I had an argument with one of the dealers who was insisting that the GT3 did have PSM (porsche stability management) and that Porsche does not build cars without it. In the end I proved him wrong and he was a little embarrassed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new toy. 08 C4S