997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My new toy. 08 C4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 10:26 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Great looking car, enjoy!

Old 05-28-2008, 12:30 AM
MIGZ is on a distinguished road
Congrats on the new toy!

Old 05-28-2008, 05:48 PM
SBrown is on a distinguished road
Congrats! Always have loved the C4S. great choice on the wheels too!!

Old 05-29-2008, 11:27 AM
graffix000 is on a distinguished road
Looking good! I like the options you picked.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on your new ride! Beautiful!

Old 05-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Michael2364 will become famous soon enough
good luck, let the madness begin..

Old 05-29-2008, 08:27 PM
surgtech is on a distinguished road
What's the red thing in front of the drivers side seat? Nice ride. Congrats!

Old 05-29-2008, 10:43 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by surgtech
Fire extinguisher.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:27 PM
alex@wheelexperts is on a distinguished road
beautiful car.... drive it in good health...

TechArt Type 1 kit really gives it a classy yet subtle look like on our project C4S Cab...

Old 05-30-2008, 05:38 PM
rah79 is on a distinguished road
love the color....great car!

Old 05-30-2008, 06:44 PM
PARealtor is infamous around these parts
nice car.. do you live in Bucks County? I think Ive seen your car on the road

Old 05-30-2008, 10:09 PM
'08C4S has a spectacular aura about'08C4S has a spectacular aura about'08C4S has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PARealtor
nice car.. do you live in Bucks County? I think Ive seen your car on the road
No but I do go for rides through various parts of Bucks County. Obeying all posted speed limits of course.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Maz
Maz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by '08C4S
I wanted to drive the car some more before I answered that question so I went out for a ride over the weekend on some of my favorite local roads and really concentrated on the handling to see if I notice any further differences.
Thanks a alot for taking the time to do this. I have a black on black Cayenne with Carbon Fiber steering wheel etc., and 20" Techno wheels with Michlin Dimaris tires. It's a great car with an incredible ride for an SUV. My wife loves it, but I want to go back to having a Cabriolet and would like to add a 997 S2 or S4. Obviously I'm used to all wheel drive, but the Cayenne is so different from the 997 my experience is of little value. In addition my experience in the regular type Porches goes back a ways, and pre dates the S4 design. After having lots of trouble in my right shoulder from an old football injury, I just gave up the idea of ****ing gears.

Frankly I'm finding it very difficult to imagine how a very low car with lots of power and all wheel drive might feel from behind the wheel. Would I rather have something a little looser in the turn like the old Porsches I remember? Or something more positive having power to all four wheels? Since I've never even ridden in an S4 it's pretty much impossible to figure this one out. The salesman I've worked with seems to think I never know the difference...save for very hard driving.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:46 PM
'08C4S has a spectacular aura about'08C4S has a spectacular aura about'08C4S has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Maz
Thanks a alot for taking the time to do this. I have a black on black Cayenne with Carbon Fiber steering wheel etc., and 20" Techno wheels with Michlin Dimaris tires. It's a great car with an incredible ride for an SUV. My wife loves it, but I want to go back to having a Cabriolet and would like to add a 997 S2 or S4. Obviously I'm used to all wheel drive, but the Cayenne is so different from the 997 my experience is of little value. In addition my experience in the regular type Porches goes back a ways, and pre dates the S4 design. After having lots of trouble in my right shoulder from an old football injury, I just gave up the idea of ****ing gears.

Frankly I'm finding it very difficult to imagine how a very low car with lots of power and all wheel drive might feel from behind the wheel. Would I rather have something a little looser in the turn like the old Porsches I remember? Or something more positive having power to all four wheels? Since I've never even ridden in an S4 it's pretty much impossible to figure this one out. The salesman I've worked with seems to think I never know the difference...save for very hard driving.
Your salesman is correct. I think that for even aggressive street driving, the bigger difference would be in the suspension setting or which position the pasm switch is in.

In terms of "looser", the modern 911 chassis has so much grip developed and engineered into it over the years of perfecting it, you can forget that word. Unless of course you are trying to lose control on purpose and do something really crazy.

Last edited by '08C4S; 05-30-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:42 AM
awcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by surgtech
fire extinguisher

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new toy. 08 C4S