997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I was there, RSS Plenum Dyno Day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 02:48 PM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DennisVR
Have your own dynoday and prove your point.

I already explained why the dyno shows more power. Dyno results are not the debate.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:09 PM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
Just like your pointless posts that go no where here, you may have not typed the letters a-w-e-s-o-m-e, but ya sure did make the claim that 5w is better than 0w when in fact both are listed as approved oil weights on Porsche's list with 15w maple syrup NO WHERE TO BE FOUND which you absolutely adored and recommended to others.

And I see your posts cuz of your 1999 name at Rennlist and here, but honestly it's like reading War and Peace... no one ever reads the whole thing.

Dude, it's like do you ever try to take a look at the big picture, man? Seriously, if you sprinkled some reality to your technical knowledge, you actually may have people who would enjoy some of that 1999 pie.

As I have said many times, I am not interested in "convincing" anyone of anything. I don't believe anyone should make an important decision based on what they read it on an internet forum. That is why posting someone's credentials is a waste of time.

I do, however, try to get people to think for themselves. To just not accept something as fact just because they read it on a webpage or some mechanic or engineer says it is true. There are already too many morons in the world that go around looking at the big picture, following the headlines blindly, uninterested in the details. If you choose that route, that is your decision, but you'll never learn anything worthwhile or accurate.

I have no skin in the game to care whether someone makes one decision or another. If you want to accept everythng Porsche says as the word of God, that is your choice....as wrong a choice as it may be.

I find is so funny how many DynoMorons there are that simply accept a dyno chart as proof of results. What a great country the U.S. is! Their are people who will buy anything.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi will become famous soon enough
Then what proof do you have to refute the results of the dyno?

Your point has always been the plenum changes the power curve... that they have failed to claim their 20hp+ peak hp. So you admit that the dynos are correct if you accept that they haven't proven their 20hp+ peak hp claim earlier to which RSS has stated they never once claimed that it would increase peak hp.

It's clear to us based on the data/information we have thanks to RSSGREG that the area under the curve all throughout the rev range is visibly higher which means more power to the ground. Unbiased customers have provided their testimony, shown their faces to the world about their satisfaction.

I do appreciate your other side of the story slant on things, I really do... but the way you go about refuting things without any testing or proof of your own really baffles the rest of us to the point where you sound like a joke the more you type just like in the oil thread.

If we are not to follow Porsche's recommended oil list, who are we to follow? YOU?

Last edited by Benjamin Choi; 06-05-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:18 PM
daytrader is on a distinguished road

Your point has always been the plenum changes the power curve... that they have failed to claim their 20hp+ peak hp. So you admit that the dynos are correct if you accept that they haven't proven their 20hp+ peak hp claim earlier to which RSS has stated they never once claimed that it would increase peak hp.

It's clear to us based on the data/information we have thanks to RSSGREG that the area under the curve all throughout the rev range is visibily higher which means more power to the ground. Unbiased customers have provided their testimony, shown their faces to the world about their satisfaction.

I do appreciate your other side of the story slant on things, I really do... but the way you go about refuting things without any testing or proof of your own really baffles the rest of us to the point where you sound like a joke the more you type just like in the oil thread.

If we are not to follow Porsche's recommended oil list, who are we to follow? YOU?
This is becoming a Jerry Springer's show. Love it!

Old 06-05-2008, 03:37 PM
mass is infamous around these parts
Agreed. Furthermore, one of the upsides and downsides to the internet is too much information. Most people take this information, twist it so it fits their situation, then apply it to any fact pattern. Miracously, these same people are now internet engineers or internet doctors. The biggest problem I have with all this "debate" and I use the term loosely, because it's akin to debating on whether the sky is blue, is that it's not constructive. This is Greg's job. Whereas the rest of us should probably focus on doing our job, rather than spending all day arguing point after point. Finally, if you really disagree so much with this product, just don't buy it. But, please don't ruin it for the rest of us who not only support and agree with this product, but even more importantly, support and agree with RSS as a whole and their philosophy.

Originally Posted by RSSGREG
RSS would like to say that we appreciate all these highly technical debates over the past few days. It’s always healthy to keep any manufacturer honest so as to minimize the inferior products that finds its way to the market place. We can go on and on with more tech talk until we’ve bored 99% of the members here on the forum but the bottom line is that most of us are here because we’re driving enthusiast’s not automotive engineers.

RSS has stepped up to the plate like no other manufacturer ever has here on 6 Speed. Although hundreds of happy customers continue to praise the performance provided by their IPD plenums there were still some nay-sayers and non-believers who insist otherwise. Some people have their mind made up and there isn’t anything else we can do to change it. Just like a Democrat isn’t going to convert a Republican, a Catholic isn’t going to convert a Jew and I’m not going to convince my girlfriend to surrender the booty.

6 Speeders wanted and received all of the following…

Dynos
Independent Dynos
Magazine Reviews
Previews of our Facilities
IPD Plenum Dyno Day
Independent Member Testing
Open Public Testing

Again, the only thing left for us to do is start up an operation similar to a windshield repair facility where we come to your work or home with a portable dyno and perform the install while you wait.

The IPD plenum not only makes power, it makes great power and it makes it across the entire power band, especially in the mid range. If you don’t believe the plenum delivers the power we claim then don’t buy it. If you’re on the fence and still aren’t sure, then install an IPD plenum a see for yourself, if you’re not satisfied then return it for a 100% money back guarantee. If you are one of the many satisfied IPD customers then thank you for all your continued support.

RSS isn’t a glorified garage that recently jumped on the Porsche band wagon. We’re a 30,000 square foot facility that is dedicated to manufacturing, distributing and installing only the highest quality European performance products available. Just about everyone here has Porsche racing background and Porsche is our focus. If you are looking for the ultimate in Porsche performance give us a call.

Cheers,
Greg @ RSS

Last edited by mass; 06-05-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:57 PM

It's clear to us based on the data/information we have thanks to RSSGREG that the area under the curve all throughout the rev range is visibly higher which means more power to the ground. Unbiased customers have provided their testimony, shown their faces to the world about their satisfaction.

How can you agrue to follow Porsche blindly as far as oil goes, yet state that their intake is not better than the RSS intake? I'm sure you only run "N" rated tire since Porsche only approves those?

As I stated above, you should use the information you obtain to make your own informed decision.

As far as the accuracy of the dyno goes. I never stated the dyno chart reflected anything that was not there. I DID, however, state that the majority of the gain was not due to the RSS intake.

The was testing done, including dyno charts on this forum that show no gain. Why are you ignoring the dyno charts that show no gain?

You need to decide which dyno chart is correct, One that simply swapped out the intake or one that swapped it out and temporarily showed a gain because of a computer reboot. You also need to decide how a new intake that does not draw 1 gram of air more than the stock intake can somehow have a gain at ALL rpm ranges. If you are able to convince yourself that this can happen, then I suggest you buy 2 RSS intakes and I'm sure they will show you double the increase in power.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
How can you agrue to follow Porsche blindly as far as oil goes, yet state that their intake is not better than the RSS intake? I'm sure you only run "N" rated tire since Porsche only approves those?

As I stated above, you should use the information you obtain to make your own informed decision.

As far as the accuracy of the dyno goes. I never stated the dyno chart reflected anything that was not there. I DID, however, state that the majority of the gain was not due to the RSS intake.

The was testing done, including dyno charts on this forum that show no gain. Why are you ignoring the dyno charts that show no gain?

You need to decide which dyno chart is correct, One that simply swapped out the intake or one that swapped it out and temporarily showed a gain because of a computer reboot. You also need to decide how a new intake that does not draw 1 gram of air more than the stock intake can somehow have a gain at ALL rpm ranges. If you are able to convince yourself that this can happen, then I suggest you buy 2 RSS intakes and I'm sure they will show you double the increase in power.
Where's your dyno? (crickets)

Where's your shop? (crickets)

Where's your satisfied customer testimony? (crickets)

Where's your youtube vid showing your face to the whole wide world? (crickets)

You still hiding behind that alias with a keyboard on your lap? YEEZZZZZIIIIIIR

Go grab a highlighter, a huge poster board and a blown up copy of the dynos and any one of us monkeys can highlight the area under the curve where there's clear gain all throughout the rev range for all models tested (ok ok all but one tiny itty bitty part).

All the while Greg continues to take orders making some ca$h money while all you're doing is burning the midnight oil. oh yea, money back guarantee as well and you bet he'll honor it all cuz if he don't, we will all know about it, the whole wide world. he will be held accountable. as for you, you got nothing to lose thus spoutin' your mouth off on credibility already lost in 15w maple syrup.

P.S. michelin/porsche doesn't offer 315/25/19s in N... my fronts are N rated tho. i should be excommunicated from all things porsche... treason!

Last edited by Benjamin Choi; 06-05-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:46 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
1999Porsche911,

Not sure why, but the more you post, trying to display your "knowledge" of mechanics, the more you sound like a turd. I love technical arguments, but I can't stand reading your posts, hell I can't even finish reading them because they are worthless posts that don't prove a thing on this subject.

You are bashing something that has already been proven, yet why you choose not to accept it is your choice! You obviously have some fascination with AWE, which is why you still have this vendetta against the idea that the RSS plenum actually makes power. Give it a rest, stop typing and wasting bandwidth with your "knowledge".

Go make your own plenum, and show us the results!
But whatever you do, make sure you DONT dyno test it, because, according to you, Dyno's don't work!

Can't wait to see what type of technical mumbo jumbo I get as a response from this stroker!

Old 06-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Where's your dyno? (crickets)

Where's your shop? (crickets)

Where's your satisfied customer testimony? (crickets)

Where's your youtube vid showing your face to the whole wide world? (crickets)

You still hiding behind that alias with a keyboard on your lap? YEEZZZZZIIIIIIR

Go grab a highlighter, a huge poster board and a blown up copy of the dynos and any one of us monkeys can highlight the area under the curve where there's clear gain all throughout the rev range for all models tested (ok ok all but one tiny itty bitty part).

All the while Greg continues to take orders making some ca$h money while all you're doing is burning the midnight oil. oh yea, money back guarantee as well and you bet he'll honor it all cuz if he don't, we will all know about it, the whole wide world. he will be held accountable. as for you, you got nothing to lose thus spoutin' your mouth off on credibility already lost in 15w maple syrup.

P.S. michelin/porsche doesn't offer 315/25/19s in N... my fronts are N rated tho. i should be excommunicated from all things porsche... treason!
Wow! All this from a guy who had to ask how to clean his throttlebody. Impressive. I guess if you don't have the knowledge or the ability and willingness to learn, you're stuck following others. I won't waste my time with you anymore.

Last edited by 1999Porsche911; 06-05-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:55 PM
987rbtr is on a distinguished road
Oh, good one. I bet that really sent him to his room crying.

What a waste.....

Old 06-05-2008, 07:46 PM
C2S4ME is on a distinguished road
I will admit to being a skeptic of the plenum modification power gain claims but I would think that after 70 posts someone would post some dyno results from the RSS Plenum Dyno Day. So let’s see some dyno graphs from the RSS Plenum Dyno Day to prove us cynics wrong.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:58 PM
987rbtr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by C2S4ME
I will admit to being a skeptic of the plenum modification power gain claims but I would think that after 70 posts someone would post some dyno results from the RSS Plenum Dyno Day. So let’s see some dyno graphs from the RSS Plenum Dyno Day to prove us cynics wrong.

There are a few current related threads with dyno's posted for review.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:59 PM
mass is infamous around these parts
Old 06-05-2008, 08:27 PM
I guess the horseposers want to ignore these comprehensive tests:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...9&postcount=71

Old 06-05-2008, 11:53 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone should know that YOU ARE infamous for taking up technical arguments with the highest visibility given to your claim that 15w is proper oil weight for the M96 engine which is absolutely ludicrous. Then you switched up your 15w to saying 5w is awesome and have always continued to insist that Mobil 1 0w-40 is "water" for the engine, that it's bad for the engine when in fact it's CLEARLY on Porsche's approved oils list.
Ahhh...the good old days of Rennlist. I will now have to go and dig out the one question I always posed to 1999 that he never answered and would drive him from a thread like a broom does cobwebs.

Last edited by gravedgr; 11-17-2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: spelling

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.