997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Where do i Buy an Intake From & Which Do i Buy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I have used tons of K&N cold air intakes on 996 and 997s with PROVEN dyno results. Read all my info and check out the links with the test results - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/k...5-p-24313.html

Old 07-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Hello,
Here are my opinions (personal options only- don't misquote me) on the various options posed thus far:

-EVOMS Cold Air Kit: replaces the OEM airbox, and utilizes a Venturi-style intake. The airbox itself is shielded from the engine. Definitely adds some power. Cup Cars use this because it works. I use one, and I recommend it. Changes the sound on acceleration, especially the scream at 5,500 RPM's.
-Fabspeed: just a nice bright red rubber elbow and a cap to disable the Helmholz resonator. Whatever, not a big deal. Expect nothing different in performance or sound. The only difference will be in your bank account.
-K&N: maybe the biggest waste yet, no engine heat shielding, etc.
-X51: looks fantastic.
-Champion F77: looks even better. That's about all.

But HEY! Good luck, you've got options.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:25 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cattman
Hello,
Here are my opinions (personal options only- don't misquote me) on the various options posed thus far:

-EVOMS Cold Air Kit: replaces the OEM airbox, and utilizes a Venturi-style intake. The airbox itself is shielded from the engine. Definitely adds some power. Cup Cars use this because it works. I use one, and I recommend it. Changes the sound on acceleration, especially the scream at 5,500 RPM's.
-Fabspeed: just a nice bright red rubber elbow and a cap to disable the Helmholz resonator. Whatever, not a big deal. Expect nothing different in performance or sound. The only difference will be in your bank account.
-K&N: maybe the biggest waste yet, no engine heat shielding, etc.
-X51: looks fantastic.
-Champion F77: looks even better. That's about all.

But HEY! Good luck, you've got options.
what you think about my set up. FABSPEED intake and BMC filter. I know there is no big difference in power between EVO and what I have but do you thing it would sound different with the evo intake.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Yes, the EVOMS definitely adds to sound. It's a terrific sound, and when you're on the throttle and hit 5,500 RPM's it sounds like a race car- really just screams!