997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

AfterHours Sport Pipes dyno results posted - (vids coming)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 12:35 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by v35
yea I noticed those dyno numbers are high, not doubting them or anything. I have a non-S C2 and with Borla headers and mufflers, I was dynoing just a little over 280 to the wheels, more in line with Michael's numbers. I guess the K&N and RSS plenum really deliver?
We'll see this thursday, I took the plenum off last week and have been driving my car with no plenum and stock mufflers all week to account for any ECU adjustment (per Greg / RSS).

I'll post up the numbers with KN / Stock mufflers and then KN / AH mufflers and see if removal of the plenum makes a diff. Looking for lower numbers this time out.

My last dyno pulls were three runs each configuration, numbers were consistent on each of the runs.

Raffi - when are you going to post some vids buddy?!?

Old 10-22-2008, 12:39 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 987bs
Thats good point, I was actually about to ask or say the same thing. Although after about 2,600 rpms the torque curve meets on stock and AH and from there on the AH is lower for a couple rpms.

One way or the other, I think I'll be buying the AH once I buy my C2S. I want to see more videos! A C2S would be even better too! (should there be any noticeable difference in sound vs C2?)
Ask Raffi- he has them on his S. I think it would be slightly bassier, but I'd have to hear an S next to my non-S to know. I heard Raffi's car over at AH shop after the mufflers were put on and it sounded pretty mean.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:16 AM
smiler51 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 987bs
One way or the other, I think I'll be buying the AH once I buy my C2S. I want to see more videos! A C2S would be even better too! (should there be any noticeable difference in sound vs C2?)
I would say the more CC's you have the deeper and meaner the sound should become

Old 10-22-2008, 06:18 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
Thinking- to me the chart looks like they are better than stock off the line- am I misreading it?
Stock TQ comes on at 236 then dips to 219
AH TQ comes on at 264 and dips to 232
So even though the AH's TQ drops sharply initially and crosses over stock, it is still overall higher than stock- which is good no?

You probably know more about reading these charts than I, which is why I'm asking-
I think you're misreading it. It would be really unlikely that your 997 is making over 250 plus foot pounds at 2500 rpm. It was probably a glitch as the hubs were spinning up. I would start reading it from the bottom of curve and look at where they cross over. Your torque should build and then flatten out, whereas HP will generally be seen as a steady curve up. Take a look at some of the other charts on here. It would be very odd to make that much torque, dip way down, and then start building again; especially at that low of an rpm.

Exhaust tuning is generally a sacrifice. You shift the power in one direction or another. This looks like a good setup as like I said before, if you're hot rodding around town, you'll be away above the area where you see the power decrease on here.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:57 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone bought these AH pipes in the Atlanta area? I'd really like to hear them in person.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by deputydog95
I think you're misreading it. It would be really unlikely that your 997 is making over 250 plus foot pounds at 2500 rpm. It was probably a glitch as the hubs were spinning up. I would start reading it from the bottom of curve and look at where they cross over. Your torque should build and then flatten out, whereas HP will generally be seen as a steady curve up. Take a look at some of the other charts on here. It would be very odd to make that much torque, dip way down, and then start building again; especially at that low of an rpm.

Exhaust tuning is generally a sacrifice. You shift the power in one direction or another. This looks like a good setup as like I said before, if you're hot rodding around town, you'll be away above the area where you see the power decrease on here.
Cool- thanks for the input. I'll ask them this week about the initial TQ dip and if that is inherent to the Mustang Dyno.

BTW- If anyone local wants to come out and hang this Thursday at AH and the dyno shop shoot me a PM for directions. I'll be there from about 11am to 2pm. San Pedro area just south of the 405 off 110. I'll have my vid cam if anyone wants some driveby footage of their car- A lot of good open back-streets in that area.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:38 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Nice, wish I could go. I'll be in LA in November and I'll be hitting you up Kurt, hopefully we can meet up so I can see/hear your car in person Get your sales pitch ready too because my wife needs to be sold on it lol

Old 10-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
Nice, wish I could go. I'll be in LA in November and I'll be hitting you up Kurt, hopefully we can meet up so I can see/hear your car in person Get your sales pitch ready too because my wife needs to be sold on it lol
Cool, definitely. But.. if I can't sell my own girl on them, I doubt I'd have much luck with yours...
I'm just lucky my sweetie tolerates my "excesses" - Besides, getting her into a CTT went a long way towards keeping the peace with my constant modding.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Update- i'll be doing the dyno tests this Friday 11am, will be at AH shop at 10:30am.
Anyone insterested in hanging out is welcome. PM me for directions.

Again, if you want video footage of your pcar I'm happy to shoot some.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:37 PM
raffi will become famous soon enough
Update- i'll be doing the dyno tests this Friday 11am, will be at AH shop at 10:30am.
Anyone insterested in hanging out is welcome. PM me for directions.

Again, if you want video footage of your pcar I'm happy to shoot some.
i wish i had time to come by kurt, my friend shot a cheezy video from inside the car when i was driving the other day but it is really hard to tell anything besides how loud it is...
i am hopefully gonna meet up with dave and maybe we can do a vid comparing my setup to his.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
Has anyone bought these AH pipes in the Atlanta area? I'd really like to hear them in person.
I have them on my 996 C4S. I also have headers and 200 cell cats.

I'm in Roswell/Alpharetta.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by Brando
I have them on my 996 C4S. I also have headers and 200 cell cats.

I'm in Roswell/Alpharetta.
Poor ATL... still trying to figure out how to get this mod approved by the boss at home... (j/k)
I say do it and then beg for forgiveness later.. might cost a small vacation, a couple of dinners and maybe a pair of shoes but well worth it!!

Brando I am REALLY curious to hear how your pcar sounds with the sport cats and headers added to the AH- any chance you can shoot some decent vid?

Last edited by p0rsch3; 10-23-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by raffi
i wish i had time to come by kurt, my friend shot a cheezy video from inside the car when i was driving the other day but it is really hard to tell anything besides how loud it is...
i am hopefully gonna meet up with dave and maybe we can do a vid comparing my setup to his.
Raffi- we're pretty much neighbors, let me know when you guys are going to hook up and I'll bring my vid cam.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:48 PM
raffi will become famous soon enough
Raffi- we're pretty much neighbors, let me know when you guys are going to hook up and I'll bring my vid cam.
ok, so Dave wants to meet up in Santa Monica, which is where i work.
Near Santa Monica Hospital.
That would be great. I messed up yesterday since I didnt check my pms, and was too busy but if we can come up with a time in advance, that will be great..
I prefer sometime around noon, unless if you guys wanna meet on a weekend somewhere else...

Old 10-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Anytime Tuesday through Friday next week works for me, around noon is good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AfterHours Sport Pipes dyno results posted - (vids coming)