997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Failure convertible top control error

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 03:19 PM
hjacobs2000 will become famous soon enough
Failure convertible top control error

After charging the dead battery on my 2006 997 cab with the top fully down, I received a failure convertible top control error. I now can't put up the top or put the rear windows up. I checked all the fuses and they are all ok
Is there a way to remove the clam shell and convertible top when it is stuck in the down (locked position)

Any sugestions on where to go next would be helpful? If I need to bring it in for service, I'd also like to remove my smarttop before service if it is possible

Old 02-14-2009, 06:01 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
I don't think there is any way you will be able to access the smart top unless the top is almost fully raised. I thought there was a manual crank option to allow the top to be raised manually using a large allen-wrench type crank tool stored somewhere in the car. I don't know if I am dreaming this or if I saw it somewhere on my former cab.

Have you tried going through your smart top menu items to make sure everything is set right on it?

Old 02-14-2009, 08:07 PM
2quik is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by keninirvine
I don't think there is any way you will be able to access the smart top unless the top is almost fully raised. I thought there was a manual crank option to allow the top to be raised manually using a large allen-wrench type crank tool stored somewhere in the car. I don't know if I am dreaming this or if I saw it somewhere on my former cab.

Have you tried going through your smart top menu items to make sure everything is set right on it?
yeah, there is a way to do it manually, check your owner's manual on how to do that. I dont have a cab, so i skimmed past that section when i read the manual.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:14 AM
hjacobs2000 will become famous soon enough
Ive been trying to lift the top manually via the owners manual instructions and I can not get it to budge more than 6 inches up. I tried it with one person on each side as well as form behind the fronts seats as stated. It seems to be stuck on the hydraulic lifts. Any recommendations ? I dont think it is a smarttop issue

Old 02-15-2009, 09:52 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Is your trunk hood(engine cover) closed fully?
I just encountered this problem myself.....however my trunk lid was sitting up a bit and not latched!
If it is fully closed I would suspect it is the sensor that determines the trunk lid is closed!
I will send you my phone number via PM if you need to call,no guarantee I can help

Stacy