997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How are bumper plugs suppose to fix this? (Second Victim)

Old 02-16-2009, 11:11 PM
Hondoo is on a distinguished road
How are bumper plugs suppose to fix this? (Second Victim)

Hello all.
I am new to the group but have been lurking for a few weeks.

Last week dajgazu posted a wonderful picture of his front bumper after removing his front license plate (sorry to see that; glad you received some compensation) Link.

Well, that made me wonder... I had noticed an imperfection in the clear bra just behind the license plate bracket. My 06' was bought in May 08' from a "reputable" dealer in Florida, certified. I asked them to install the front license bracket and install a clear bra because I was driving the car home to New Hampshire. After being 'inspired' by dajgazu I removed my license plate bracket to find this (see pictures below). Apparently, I should have told the dealer the correct order of installation as they apparently tried to install the bracket after installing the clear bra... and missing one of the holes as well.

I probably should have not looked. Like a bad accident or my stock portfolio.. I know I should not look, but I had to, and yup... It's was bad.

I am looking to buy a Techart rear wing and did not want to add a GT3 front bumper this year. But I cant live knowing there is such a flaw in the car. Oh well, I just needed to share. I will now get off the couch wipe my tears and move forward.

Thanks for listening.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:56 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I would call that dealership and tell them exactly what you found . Explain to them that you posted a photo but have not named them (YET) and would like to praise them if they resolve this matter with you .

Old 02-17-2009, 06:25 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
That is aweful work, it is pictures like these that make me hesitant to get a clear bra installed on my car.

Good luck with your problem.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:40 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
New clear bra + Bumperplugs and you'll be all set.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Hondoo is on a distinguished road
yrralis: There is way more to the story.. They gave me bald tires that were so bad, when I got home and emailed them the pictures they paid for my local dealer to put on 4 "new" Michelin Pilots. The rims were supposed to be replaced new as part of the original deal and I later found they were painted, I never resolved that problem. So, working with this dealer is probably a big no. I would however like Porsche to know about my experiences but they probably would not care. Oh well, life goes on.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:17 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hondoo
yrralis: There is way more to the story.. They gave me bald tires that were so bad, when I got home and emailed them the pictures they paid for my local dealer to put on 4 "new" Michelin Pilots. The rims were supposed to be replaced new as part of the original deal and I later found they were painted, I never resolved that problem. So, working with this dealer is probably a big no. I would however like Porsche to know about my experiences but they probably would not care. Oh well, life goes on.
Your post is now the second discussion I had today on the subject of "when certified isn't certified to spec" . Thus I will write a thread.