997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Best color for 997.2 C2S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 09:44 AM
dlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nice
Originally Posted by DPorcella@sbcgl
I'm glad someone (else) sees the advantage of dark gray natural leather over the squeaky, painted black leather. Elegant and with a barely discernible, microscopic nap, and it looks in real life almost as black as black. Almost like having the entire car done in micro-alcantara, but with that great smell. . .
It seems to have a stronger leather scent than the painted leathers, though that's hard to quantify without a sniffometer. In addition, there's a major tactile difference: natural is to painted as painted is to vinyl. It's slightly more supple -- like the supple leather option is supposed to be.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:35 AM
DPorcella@sbcgl will become famous soon enough
My English Setter has a sniffometer built right onto the front of his face, and he says the natural leather smells about 1.75 times leatherier than painted

Old 03-17-2009, 04:50 PM
RE5PEKT is on a distinguished road
I LOVE my Carrara White...... Only thing that bugs me is the occasional yellowing from the side clear bra.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:15 PM
DPorcella@sbcgl will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by RE5PEKT
I LOVE my Carrara White...... Only thing that bugs me is the occasional yellowing from the side clear bra.

Now THAT'S a pretty car!

Old 03-17-2009, 05:23 PM
sshjd will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by EJ-997
white w/ stone grey
Best color for a Porsche? Ah, well....., gee.... I guess.... WHAT HE SAID! Surprised?

Old 03-17-2009, 10:52 PM
psarofim is on a distinguished road
darkest gray

Old 03-18-2009, 05:35 AM
Killa_por is just really niceKilla_por is just really niceKilla_por is just really niceKilla_por is just really niceKilla_por is just really nice
[QUOTE=RE5PEKT;2305621]I LOVE my Carrara White...... Only thing that bugs me is the occasional yellowing from the side clear bra.

RE5PEKT Is that a 4s or an s?

Old 03-18-2009, 06:39 AM
parkmonster will become famous soon enough
Carrara White makes the car look very clean and like a true sports car. However, I think it's conspicuous in a different way than traditionally "loud" colors like red and yellow. In any case, you sort of feel like an insensitive bastard driving a conspicuous color around in this economy....

Old 03-18-2009, 07:02 AM
dlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nice
Originally Posted by parkmonster
Carrara White makes the car look very clean and like a true sports car. However, I think it's conspicuous in a different way than traditionally "loud" colors like red and yellow. In any case, you sort of feel like an insensitive bastard driving a conspicuous color around in this economy....
I hear ya. Think about the folks driving around in F cars, Bentley's, and Astons. How about a special order camo paint job?

Old 03-18-2009, 11:08 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Carrera White. Every time I show my car to another Pcar owner they are stunned at how good it looks in person. There's something so clean and pure about white on the 997.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:26 AM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
I love my color combo, very classic Porsche with midnight blue/sand beige but, if the opportunity ever came up for me to trade across for a white/black car with very little money out of my pocket I'd probably jump all over it.

White/Black, White/Stone Gray are just spectacular.

But, as another poster stated, this car is so beautiful it doesn't matter the color.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by lakerholic
I love my color combo, very classic Porsche with midnight blue/sand beige but, if the opportunity ever came up for me to trade across for a white/black car with very little money out of my pocket I'd probably jump all over it.

White/Black, White/Stone Gray are just spectacular.

But, as another poster stated, this car is so beautiful it doesn't matter the color.
Your color combo is classic too, in my opinion. In fact, Midnight Blue/Natural Brown is my second choice behind White/Dark Natural Gray. Relatively quiet and very classy.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:02 PM
wwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of light
Another vote for Ruby Red Metallic. Here's mine. I also like Cobalt Blue and Aqua Blue metallic.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:46 PM
yemenmocha is on a distinguished road
Atlast gray is the best, and especially because it is the fastest.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:50 PM
fischb will become famous soon enoughfischb will become famous soon enough
I am not felling any Nordic Gold love from this thread

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best color for 997.2 C2S