997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Just came back from Porsche Driving School

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Sprice930 is on a distinguished road
my trip

Spent last Friday in Birmingham and I have to say wow! If you haven't been...treat yourself sometime or ask for it as a present. Its worth it.
Cant wait to go back. Instructors couldnt have been more helpful and great attitudes.
A little disappointed though in not getting to drive the Panamera. I have one and it would have been nice to have that on the track

Old 11-03-2010, 11:56 AM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough
Panny 4S with PSDS instructor

I did 4 days at PSDS in April last year, (Performance and Masters) before the Panny's were released. Had the time of my life!

Since then, I purchased a P4S in May of this year. In June, the local Porsche Owners Club had a track event at the Fontana raceway, including an AutoX. PCNA was there with demo cars, including a P4S. Also, a couple of PSDS instructors, Cass and Chris Hall were there as well. You could arrange for a 1-hr private lesson on the AutoX course with the car and instructor of your choice - so I did an hour in the P4S with Chris Hall. (My friend did an hour in a C4S with Cass.)

Amazing car! I was astonished at how well that big car handled in a tight AutoX. Basically, I could hang in with my friend in the C4S, which I had NOT expected. I did get to drive a couple of laps of the Fontana road course (infield, not Roval) in the P4S but it was at a pretty sedate rate. I'd love to cut loose in one at Barber!

I did get a hot lap at Fontana with Cass behind the wheel of a Panny Turbo. Now THAT was a ride! I'm sure the tour of Barber in one was exciting as well.

DMoore
'09 C2S
'10 P4S