6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-31/)
-   -   About to pull the trigger on a leftover 08 - good deal? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997/179120-about-pull-trigger-leftover-08-good-deal.html)

jersey1977 07-17-2009 07:59 PM

About to pull the trigger on a leftover 08 - good deal?

Been lurking for awhile but wanted to finally post to get some advice and to join the community.

My 06 C2S Cab lease is about up and a I have been looking around for a new 09 to purchase but I stumbled across the following deal on a leftover new 2008 C4S Cab with an unpunched warranty.

2008 C4S Cab
Sticker 119K and change
White/Cocoa/Cocoa
Bose, Nav, Sports Chrono,Tip, Heated Seats, 19 Inch Sports Wheels etc
Negotiated Price: 80K w/ 1.9% financing

Seems like a incredible price to me, but after staring so long at the same specs its getting hard to see the forest from the trees. Am I missing anything that could be a red flag? Thoughts, opinions and critiques all appreciated.

Thanks.

JoeShark 07-17-2009 08:13 PM

You only want a tip?

jersey1977 07-17-2009 08:22 PM

Yes. Only a tip will work.

yrralis1 07-17-2009 09:21 PM

You are in 09 new car territory . PDK and 10 K more is out?

Just so you know -- that 08 cab the minute you drive it off the lot will drop 20K wholesale from that 80K . That's a big hit . I realize that you are in this honeymoon phase with the car but it sounds expensive . That's probably why the dealership has the car .

Offer 77K and do not budge. You may walk but that extra 3K ought to be in your pocket .

jersey1977 07-17-2009 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by yrralis1 (Post 2466671)
You are in 09 new car territory . PDK and 10 K more is out?

Just so you know -- that 08 cab the minute you drive it off the lot will drop 20K wholesale from that 80K . That's a big hit . I realize that you are in this honeymoon phase with the car but it sounds expensive . That's probably why the dealership has the car .

Offer 77K and do not budge. You may walk but that extra 3K ought to be in your pocket .

Are you saying that you can get a 2009 c4s cab with pdk for $90K w/ 1.9% financing? Any suggestions where that would be?

Again I want to make sure I understand you. You are saying at a 08 c4s cab with 100 miles on it is worth only $60K. That seems kinda low based on all of the other threads I have read here.

Really, $40K under sticker w/ 1.9% for a new 08 isnt a good deal? I am not seeing anything more than 10% under sticker + 10K if you pass on the 1.9% in a 09.

yrralis1 07-17-2009 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by jersey1977 (Post 2466679)
Are you saying that you can get a 2009 c4s cab with pdk for $90K w/ 1.9% financing? Any suggestions where that would be?

Again I want to make sure I understand you. You are saying at a 08 c4s cab with 100 miles on it is worth only $60K. That seems kinda low based on all of the other threads I have read here.

Really, $40K under sticker w/ 1.9% for a new 08 isnt a good deal? I am not seeing anything more than 10% under sticker + 10K if you pass on the 1.9% in a 09.

PM Joe Shark and ask him what he paid for his C4S 08 . Ok -so it had 6K miles but yours will be used too the moment you drive it off the lot.

I saw a Turbo cab blow through 34K under MSRP on an new 08 leftover when they were plentiful (6 months ago) . Not so today as Turbo cab tiptronics are scarce .

"60K" is a near estimate to wholesale value . Tips are less because PDK is red hot . Plus a 120 K car is high enough to price out a lot of used shoppers as they are bargain hunting .

If you are in Los Angeles there are a few 6speeders who did very well at Auto Gallery . Good luck.

jersey1977 07-17-2009 10:25 PM

Was Joe Shark's a Cab?

I am in LA. Autogallery was the worst when it came to price this week. 8% off MSRP + 1.9% and they wouldn't budge.

If you know the name of someone there who has a rep for being good to work with, please let me know. I'd be happy to hit them up again.

Is $120K high for a C4S Cab? It seems relatively low/average compared to most of them on the market. Base price w/ pdk is $109 for an 09. $11K in options seems relatively light especially when a large chunk of the $11K is the all leather interior.

JoeShark 07-17-2009 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by jersey1977 (Post 2466709)
Was Joe Shark's a Cab?

I am in LA. Autogallery was the worst when it came to price this week. 8% off MSRP + 1.9% and they wouldn't budge.

If you know the name of someone there who has a rep for being good to work with, please let me know. I'd be happy to hit them up again.

Is $120K high for a C4S Cab? It seems relatively low/average compared to most of them on the market. Base price w/ pdk is $109 for an 09. $11K in options seems relatively light especially when a large chunk of the $11K is the all leather interior.

Yes, mine is a cab. Here's a link for a description of my car (my avatar is a pic of it):
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...plete-now.html
It is a 2008 C4S Cab that had about 6,500 miles on it when I bought it. Note that the owner had about $10k of additional work done to the car the day he bought it (GT3 front bumper, Rinspeed rear bumper, RSS Plenum, SmartTop, full clear bra) and yes, I know that most aftermarket work is only worth anywhere from ten cents to fifty cents on the dollar when it comes to resale.

Looks like you post count is still to low so I'll PM you what I paid. Let me know if you have any other questions. Larry is a wealth of information on this board and I trust him completely. If it wasn't for him, I would have bought the wrong car and/or way over paid.

JoeShark 07-17-2009 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by jersey1977 (Post 2466640)
Yes. Only a tip will work.

If I was in your situation and an automatic was required, than that makes this whole situation a different ballgame because of the difference between the tip on a 2008 and PDK on a 2009. Since you're not totally bargain hunting (as you're looking at a C4S Cab versus a C2/C2S Cab), than I gotta belive a few thousand extra is doable. If that's the case, I'd be looking at a 2009. If I had to have an auto, and it was between a 2008 C4S tip or a 2009 C2S PDK to try to keep price a little more equal(everything else optioned exactly equal), I'd go 2009 and the PDK.

yrralis1 07-17-2009 11:48 PM

80K is still a lot of money

Originally Posted by jersey1977 (Post 2466709)
Was Joe Shark's a Cab?

Keep in mind I am on the other side of the country but I learned a lot reading the board and searching for cars with other forum members. Your region has a lot of cars . I did find your exact car on auto trader and I agree with you that it's very nice . I am not criticizing the car . What I am saying is that an 08 Tiptronic is dated enough that 80K is a lot to spend . Joes car is a C4S BTW (just FYI) .

I first learned of auto Gallery reading this thread (It's a long read but the gist of it was that the original poster got a better lease quote from them . Post number 27 on page 2 a forum member from that region gave a referral . I do pay attention . https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...stion-two.html )

Since that time another forum member steph 280 --went there and got a great deal on an 08 leftover. This is why I suggested them.

That said --
On any given day one dealership may beat another in terms of discount .

You are looking for a specific type of car . If you live in LA I don't undersrand why you need AWD but I wil go with what you specify . You want a C4S Tip.

Lets also compare apples to apples . Go into the same dealership that is offering you the 120K car for 80 and pay the 80 to get a 120K 2009 car and they will let you walk . If not .. then buy the car from them .

That beautiful car that you want is still on that lot for a reason . It has too many options and is dated enough and old enough as an 08 to make the 80K have others pass it up.

If you love that dealership .. buy a car from them but make sure that the value of your dollars tilt to your benefit .

yrralis1 07-17-2009 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by JoeShark (Post 2466736)
If I was in your situation and an automatic was required, than that makes this whole situation a different ballgame because of the difference between the tip on a 2008 and PDK on a 2009. Since you're not totally bargain hunting (as you're looking at a C4S Cab versus a C2/C2S Cab), than I gotta belive a few thousand extra is doable. If that's the case, I'd be looking at a 2009. If I had to have an auto, and it was between a 2008 C4S tip or a 2009 C2S PDK to try to keep price a little more equal(everything else optioned exactly equal), I'd go 2009 and the PDK.

I agree . Wherever he buys the car --the 09 PDK with more Hp, revised styling, and new engine , makes the 15K extra that he may spend worth it. He is already in deep at 80K . It these levels he has to go the full monte.

jersey1977 07-18-2009 12:18 AM

I definitely don't need to AWD in Southern California. I'd be more than happy with a C2S. T

The issue is I can't find a 09 C2S Cab for more than 23K under MSRP and that is if I pass on the 1.9% financing. With the 1.9%, no dealer has gone more than $13K below MSRP. The 1.9% is real attractive to me.

Thus my options are

Purchase a 09 C2S Cab with an MSRP of 113K for about 90K and pay cash or bring in my own financing

OR

Purchase a C4S Cab with an MSRP of 120K for 80K and take the cheap money at 1.9%

Are you telling me that there are dealers currently offering over 20% off MSRP on a 09 C2S Cab? If you can you PM me that information? It would be much appreciated.

It seems to be that the cost of purchasing a 09 C2S (with an MSRP 7K below the 08) runs at least 10K above the car I identified plus I would lose 1.9%. To me, that is a sizeable difference... Am I all wet here?

jersey1977 07-18-2009 12:28 AM

By the way regarding Auto Gallery, Eric Schwartz is exactly who I spoke with who quoted the measly 8% discount + 1.9%. He has not returned by last call where I questions whether 8% is the best he could offer. Doesnt seem like they are looking to deal there, at least right now.

Is the consensus then as follows:

A 2009 C2S with an MSRP of 112K at 90K w/ standard financing is a better choice than a 2008 C4S with an MSRP of 120K at 80K with 1.9% financing?

Thanks.

yrralis1 07-18-2009 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by jersey1977 (Post 2466779)
By the way regarding Auto Gallery, Eric Schwartz is exactly who I spoke with who quoted the measly 8% discount + 1.9%. He has not returned by last call where I questions whether 8% is the best he could offer. Doesnt seem like they are looking to deal there, at least right now.

Is the consensus then as follows:

A 2009 C2S with an MSRP of 112K at 90K w/ standard financing is a better choice than a 2008 C4S with an MSRP of 120K at 80K with 1.9% financing?

Thanks.

1.9 percent financing might be a Porsche Financial rate . I'll be glad to PM you a guy in Miami in new car sales just to hear what the rates are .

I would rather have an 09 if I was in for 80K .. yes I would.

I'm assuming you want new and white (exterior) . BTW the C4S cab 09 in white looks real nice . Expensive though but its an entirely redesigned body , engine, comes with axle lock standard .. it's a very different car .. much improved .

As for the saleman at Auto Gallery --PM that forum member and see what gives . If it doesn't fly .. then walk . I agree with you . You hold all the cards as the check is in your hand.

I found a nice C4S cab PDK at Niello (north)
I found a White Turbo cab at Pioneer (south) .
In short I started looking .
At 80K .. you have all the time in the world to look ..no?
That 08 isn't going anywhere . It's been sitting there two years already . why not hunt fot the best deal on the best car ?

yrralis1 07-18-2009 01:06 AM

" Purchase a 09 C2S Cab with an MSRP of 113K for about 90K and pay cash"

This sounds by far the best!!!! You are so focused on the the discount from 120K that you don't realize the car is two years old .

I also agree the C2S is the right car . I don't you will get it for 90K though .

No arguments here on the car. You can get 10 percent on an 09. If you get more perhaps Porsche is offering incentives.