6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-31/)
-   -   Do you like this colour combination? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997/182649-do-you-like-colour-combination.html)

mdrums 08-19-2009 05:22 PM

Looks horrible!

ModHog 08-19-2009 05:45 PM

Ouch! Not a fan of beige to begin with but that is not a good color combo. Personally, the only time I can see beige work on a sports car is on a Ferrari.

wa1l1in 08-19-2009 06:23 PM

i like tan on darker colors but def not on a light color..

i really liked how local dealer had dark grey on natural tan with dark grey carpets! that way best of both worlds (looks nice and doesnt get dirty with your feet)

yrralis1 08-19-2009 10:09 PM

I am not a fan of beige .
I do think it goes as well with silver as any other color . In fact silver/beige is more unique and in the direct sunlight the bright colors look better than your indoor and partial sun photos.

Skylar's Dad 08-19-2009 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by kabbanid (Post 2507443)
Hi guys,

I need your opinion here. I saw this 2009 S (an approved used) with very low mileage. My only concern is the beige on the inside. To me a 911 should have black interior (occasionally dark grey). But beige seems a bit to "old"! I fell like I should give this car to my father :confused:

I am wrong? or should I get it:confused:

You are wrong :eek: - Black is the LAST interior color I would get- it is both boring and hot-

Live on the WILD side and do not do-- silver and black....:rolleyes:

All that being said I am not convinced the silver over beige works on a 911-but I would never again get a black interior. The Beige needs black floor mats- but I love it- you need to keep it clean but it is very doable and it looks very elegant and classy. :cool:

Vincent997S 08-20-2009 12:08 AM

Horrible ... I don't think so !
i saw an 997.1 with these colours, it seems not to bad, very special and classy!!!
Do you like something special ? But yes, it will undoubtedly be more difficult to resell it.

V.

oregondave 08-20-2009 12:59 AM

I went with slate / sand because I liked the stronger contrast and absolutely had to have sand. Maybe I've seen too many Armor-all'd black interiors but they seem to get a "slick" appearance over time. Also, black gets hot in the summer and I prefer a light interior during the overcast winter weather.

The the silver/sand was nice on a boxster that I saw. As someone said, some color combos look good on some cars and not others. There are a handful of other high end cars in which I've seen the silver/beige color combo and it looks rich/classy.

At the end of the day get what you like and don't take any of this feedback too seriously. After all, a number of guys on this forum have cars in signal green and gulf blue so their scale for "boring" is probably shifted to the right a bit :-)

aggie57 08-20-2009 04:39 AM

My wife's BMW X3 is silver/grey over biege and that looks very classy. It's a darker silver though - almost meteor - and for me this combination looks decidedly awkward.

slant83 08-20-2009 07:23 AM

I have sand beige interior but the exterior is midnight blue. Love the combo Blue/beige. Beige doesn't work with Silver IMO

edbhr 08-20-2009 08:30 AM

I don't really like the combo, but light interior is a good idea in the GCC, it is way too hot in here, I have had 1 car with black interior before, I would never do that mistake again, the car was undrivable after 5 minutes parked in the sun.

lig 08-20-2009 11:54 AM

Obviously a matter of personal taste but I would not drive a car in Arctic / beige. It would be a dealbreaker for me.

JenK 08-20-2009 04:52 PM

I have silver/tan on my Lexus GX 470. I like it, but it shows dirt immediately. I have 2 Bernese moutain dogs that regularly travel in there 2-4 times weekly. I am doing a complete detail and carpet shampoo this weekend! They SHED alot!!!
My other choices when buying were black/tan...too many swirls in the paint and white on tan. Next vehicle for dog hauling will have to be black interior for sure! For a 911, silver with tan is boring and doesn't look good. Silver with blue or silver with black and silver with black/red would do it for me!

Dadio 08-20-2009 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by JenK (Post 2509034)
I have silver/tan on my Lexus GX 470. I like it, but it shows dirt immediately. I have 2 Bernese moutain dogs that regularly travel in there 2-4 times weekly. I am doing a complete detail and carpet shampoo this weekend! They SHED alot!!!
My other choices when buying were black/tan...too many swirls in the paint and white on tan. Next vehicle for dog hauling will have to be black interior for sure! For a 911, silver with tan is boring and doesn't look good. Silver with blue or silver with black and silver with black/red would do it for me!

No offense but I can't imagine any color holding up to 2 Bernese mountain dogs. :eek:

JenK 08-21-2009 04:21 AM

They are clean, no mud, but shed alot. right now, my interior is beige with black fur!
No offense taken. Should have bought a vehicle that I could take a hose to clean! My other 2 dogs(now in the doggie heaven) used to take turns riding in my old Porsche! Not in the new one for these 2!!!

ghsu 08-21-2009 05:00 AM

Regardless of whether you like the sand beige or not, I think the reflection caused of having a light colored dash on the windshield is a total deal breaker.

Hence I have two-tone black/terracotta...