6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-31/)
-   -   Do you like this colour combination? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997/182649-do-you-like-colour-combination.html)

kabbanid 08-19-2009 03:06 PM

Do you like this colour combination?

5 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

I need your opinion here. I saw this 2009 S (an approved used) with very low mileage. My only concern is the beige on the inside. To me a 911 should have black interior (occasionally dark grey). But beige seems a bit to "old"! I fell like I should give this car to my father :confused:

I am wrong? or should I get it:confused:

apexracer 08-19-2009 03:13 PM

personally not a beige fan either. I agree black is the defacto choice of color for the interior on a 911. Not that other color combo's can't look stunning, but you really can't go wrong with black.

depending on how long you plan to keep the car, may want to consider long term wear. Maybe ask others on the forum with beige interiors how well the color wears over time.

just my .02

CMOS 08-19-2009 03:15 PM

silver over beige = very very bad. silver can only be over black. maybe it's different where you are?

kabbanid 08-19-2009 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by apexracer (Post 2507454)
personally not a beige fan either. I agree black is the defacto choice of color for the interior on a 911. Not that other color combo's can't look stunning, but you really can't go wrong with black.

depending on how long you plan to keep the car, may want to consider long term wear. Maybe ask others on the forum with beige interiors how well the color wears over time.

just my .02

I totally agree with you apexracer. Long term tear could be a problem. In particular when I want to take my two boys (4 and 6 years) in the back during the week end. Not sure how other beige interior owners feel about it?

kabbanid 08-19-2009 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by CMOS (Post 2507458)
silver over beige = very very bad. silver can only be over black. maybe it's different where you are?

CMOS,

The car was ordered by a European expat living in Qatar. It was not ordered by the local agent.

Dharn55 08-19-2009 03:30 PM

I agree that this color combo doesn ot really work. However I am of the opposite opinion of most here, the problem is the silver exterior, not the beige interior. I have had a silver/black Porsche (a 928) and I would never buy another car with either a silver exterior or a black interior. Silver Porsches are a dime a dozen, everyone has one. I think over 90% of Porsches are either silver or black, so if you want to be like everyone else, and be safe on resale, then maybe this is the way to go, but how boring. And black interior are again a dime a dozen, are very hot even in mild weather, and show dirt more than any other.

I drive a 996 with a blue exterior and a tan interior, very rich looking, and I don't see "my" car in everyother Porsche on the street. Just my 2 cents.

kabbanid 08-19-2009 03:34 PM

Thanks Dharn55, you have a nice color combination by the way, and I agree that silver (unless it is GT Silver) is a bit deja vu.

How is the tan interior holding with time?

Smaj 08-19-2009 03:42 PM

I would think given that the temperature is pretty warm the majority of the year where you live, the lighter colors make some sense I think. If that is not really an issue, get what looks best to you, although I do not think it looks bad.

kabbanid 08-19-2009 03:49 PM

Thanks Smaj, unfortunately it does not have the ventilated seats option which is pretty useful around here. I tried it once in the demo car and thought it is fantastic. I realised that a lot of buyers in the US and Europe do not have it. I guess it is like having heated seats in here. Luckily the temperature is cooling down, today it went down to 117F (47C):eek:

stevepow 08-19-2009 03:50 PM

There was a Sliver/Beige full leather C2S Cab at my dealer and they had added the aluminum center console, ebrake, and shifter. That car was beautiful. But what looks great on Cabs doesn't always work on Coupes. Additionally, black floor mats might give the interior some relief. All that Beige can be a bit monotone.

I don't care how many people have silver or black - there's only going to be the one in your garage, and if that's your color, that's your color.

Porschedeisgn 08-19-2009 03:51 PM

just saw a mate of mine with sea blue.. i luv tt..

black is abit too boring for me..

But dude this color is so ermm sedan like..

kabbanid 08-19-2009 04:01 PM

Well Porschedesign you might be right, it would look much better on a Panamera.

Kurt RSF 08-19-2009 04:59 PM

I think it looks really weak. The interior doesn't have to be black, but I think you need more contrast between the paint color and the interior color.

I have a GT silver with terracotta, which looks great. Also, GT silver with cocoa looks great.

I also have a guards red with black, and a speed yellow with black.

I saw a basalt black with sand, which I thought looked really good.

ntlgnt1 08-19-2009 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kurt RSF (Post 2507615)
I have a GT silver with terracotta, which looks great. Also, GT silver with cocoa looks great.

And GT Silver on black looks great. The key here is GT Silver!:D

knicks 08-19-2009 05:20 PM

brown on beige is when you use beige. look at mine :)

i dont think silver and beige go. id buy a c2s as a pearl white exterior with beige maybe