997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Painted Interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 10:30 PM
299moto is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Coochas
These were from delivery day,....oh the memories.

Love the colored stitching-very cool.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Coochas will become famous soon enoughCoochas will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Memories? You still have it don't you? BTW, we don't see you here on 6speed often.
I forum juggle! Oh I still have the Super Pumpkin. I love it.

Old 11-26-2009, 06:33 AM
Arerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant future
So has anyone actually removed the factory plastic pieces and got them painted by your local body repair shop? I was adviced by my Porsche salesperson not to paint the stock plastic pieces aftermarket because Porsche factory uses "special plastic" to paint, not the same stock plastic pieces.

I'm planing to paint the instrument surround (originally black), gear selector trim piece (originally volcano ash finish) and inner side sills (black) to match the Meteor Grey exterior color. Do these stock plastic pieces hold paint (metallic exterior paint) well or do they need special preparation?

---

Old 11-26-2009, 07:08 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wwilliams88
Some ruby red accents in a sand beige interior

Nice very tasteful...

Old 11-26-2009, 07:10 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
These were from delivery day,....oh the memories.

Dave, that is truel AWESOME...you did the stitching perfectly...somehow a lot of deviated stitching I see they forget about the shifter boot and e-brake. You nailed it!

Old 11-26-2009, 07:25 AM
I did not do near enough with the red accents in my car.

Last edited by mdrums; 02-10-2010 at 05:48 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:29 AM
jo2e6y is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Arerrac911
So has anyone actually removed the factory plastic pieces and got them painted by your local body repair shop? I was adviced by my Porsche salesperson not to paint the stock plastic pieces aftermarket because Porsche factory uses "special plastic" to paint, not the same stock plastic pieces.

I'm planing to paint the instrument surround (originally black), gear selector trim piece (originally volcano ash finish) and inner side sills (black) to match the Meteor Grey exterior color. Do these stock plastic pieces hold paint (metallic exterior paint) well or do they need special preparation?

---

my dealership used a local paint shop, i knew some parts they had to smoothen it first before painting, the results were great

Old 11-26-2009, 08:09 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Simple vents and console trim items on my 09.....

But when I had my 04' C4S (white), it had sport seats painted to match the exterior, red belts and red stitching. That combo I loved.

Attached Images  
Old 11-26-2009, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by mdrums
Dave, that is truel AWESOME...you did the stitching perfectly...somehow a lot of deviated stitching I see they forget about the shifter boot and e-brake. You nailed it!
Thanks Mike....I love my car!

Old 11-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Thanks Mike....I love my car!
You're welcome...I am serious about what I said too....so many people somehow really mess up in my opinion and forget about the stitching on the steering wheel, shifter boot and e-brake...I just don't get why they and the dealer forget about these very important details....anyway that's just me and I see you and I think alike.

Enjoying that awesome orange Turbo?

Old 11-27-2009, 02:17 AM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wwilliams88
Some ruby red accents in a sand beige interior
Now that is one very good looking interior. Congratulations.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:06 AM
You're welcome...I am serious about what I said too....so many people somehow really mess up in my opinion and forget about the stitching on the steering wheel, shifter boot and e-brake...I just don't get why they and the dealer forget about these very important details....anyway that's just me and I see you and I think alike.

Enjoying that awesome orange Turbo?
Enjoying it very mucho although it has only gone to the track once - the Zone 1 WGI event when it was pouring rain and the 986 was ill. Still hit the 150s on the back straight!

The 986 is now my track car and is going in for a cage and full BSR conversion in a few weeks for next season.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:07 AM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Nice very tasteful...
I agree. nice combo.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Fishhead is on a distinguished road
Smile

Any good interior paint ideas on a 2009 Cab S meteor grey and black interior. Thank you

Old 11-29-2009, 09:39 AM
wwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of light
Nice very tasteful...
Originally Posted by simsgw
Now that is one very good looking interior. Congratulations.
Originally Posted by DLJ
I agree. nice combo.
Thanks everyone! My wife and I debated for quite a while on how much to add and this was our final effort to strike the right balance.

I did not do near enough with the red accents in my car.
Actually you did quite well. Good looking interior!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Painted Interior