997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Cold Air Intake: Schnell V. Fabspeed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 09:23 AM
mrfva is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LarryP
k&N is the best and the least expensive.vivid racing is where I got mine.
I would suggest, getting a dyno reading before (stock air box) and after (K&N open filter). Please post the results for us to see.

Originally Posted by utkinpol
IMHO best bang per buck is just to drop BMC filter into stock airbox and forget about this part.
Agreed, 100%

Last edited by mrfva; 10-13-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:28 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
If that's not a convincing endorsement, I'm not sure what is.
That is quite a testimony. With a couple of key questions:
What filter is inside the airbox?
Did the class restrict any modifications in air intake?
Did they get the Fabspeed hose for free?

I would be absolutely convinced that the Fabspeed hose does not cause a REDUCTION in HP. But is there a real increase without the use of a BMC filter? What is the dyno result with a BMC filter alone?

Sorry for being a skeptic; I just know oftentimes things are not necessarily what they appear to be.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Check out the comparison between the Factory Y hose on a 996 or 997 versus our Fabspeed mirror smooth silicone which increases power and sound when used together with the BMC air filter. You can clearly see why our Intake hose flow better and makes an increase of 8+ HP through out the RPM range on a 997 S. Take a look at the pictures below. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Name:  996and997FactoryYHoseInformationLar.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  72.9 KB

Name:  996and997IntakeHoseVersusFabspeedLa.jpg
Views: 1011
Size:  73.9 KB

Video Demonstration on the Intake:
http://www.fabspeed.com/videos/997%2...0Air%20Kit.wmv

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 10-13-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:42 AM
mrfva is infamous around these parts
Alex, that tube intake design looks great!
+1 on the smooth walls ...

Old 10-13-2009, 11:48 PM
Nexus-6 is infamous around these parts
Alex - thanks for the pictures. Do you have any data on gains using your intake tube + resonator cap without an aftermarket air filter of any kind? I think that is where the majority of curiosity resides.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:22 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Thanks guys, if you do just the cold air kit upgrade which is the hose and block off, you will see approximately a 4-5 HP gain without the BMC filter. The BMC filter makes a big difference because they complement each other when done together and you see the full potential of hp gain.
Thanks,

Old 10-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Porschedeisgn is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by machina
I just capped my resonator for the sound improvement, I think that silicone elbow hose is a waste of money.

The K&N just looks bad and has limited "water shield" benefits.

I think porsche knows how to design an efficient airbox that flows well and keeps the water out of the motor.
hi do you have a pic on what you mean by cap?

i understand the Fabspeed comes with one red cap..

thanks

What did u use to cap it..

anyway how does it work?

thanks

Old 10-14-2009, 02:55 PM
machina has a spectacular aura aboutmachina has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Porschedeisgn
hi do you have a pic on what you mean by cap?

i understand the Fabspeed comes with one red cap..

thanks

What did u use to cap it..

anyway how does it work?

thanks
i already posted a pic (see post #14) in this thread.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Porschedeisgn is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by machina
Find a cap in your garage that just fits the resonator opening and cut it down to fit. The rubber hose then fits right over it. On or off in 2 minutes.

No air actually flows thru the resonator, it is basically just a small chamber that is tuned to muffle certain intake frequencies.

If you cant find a cap in your house i think a Gillete Gel shave cream cap will do the job.

d

Nice..

So now i have to find a suitable cap..

Any issues so far with your cap? must it be very secure?

Im jus worried if the Cap might come loose and end up entering the Airbox

thx

Old 10-14-2009, 05:19 PM
machina has a spectacular aura aboutmachina has a spectacular aura about
not possible if it fits right.

the oem hose fits over it and both are captured by the oem hose clamp

Old 10-14-2009, 05:54 PM
dndodd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alex@Fabspeed
Thanks guys, if you do just the cold air kit upgrade which is the hose and block off, you will see approximately a 4-5 HP gain without the BMC filter. The BMC filter makes a big difference because they complement each other when done together and you see the full potential of hp gain.
Thanks,

Can you make one of those tubes to connect an x-51 air box to a stock 997S motor?

Or just one for a stock 997S with X-51?

Old 10-15-2009, 07:02 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by dndodd
Can you make one of those tubes to connect an x-51 air box to a stock 997S motor?

Or just one for a stock 997S with X-51?
The Red hose will fit all 996 and 997 cars the same way. The 996 cold air upgrade comes with a carbon fiber like block off for the extra hose being eliminated and the 997 comes with a red cap. This is all included in the kit.
Thanks,

Old 10-15-2009, 07:19 AM
dndodd is infamous around these parts
Alex,

That is not at all what I am asking.

The X-51 option has a larger diameter hose then the stock 997s.

Approx 6mm.

Many of us have converted to the X-51 airbox requiring us to create a sleeve to fit over the the Throttle body with the Xi51 air box and its hose.

So I will ask again;

Can you make one of those tubes to connect an x-51 air box to a stock 997S motor? Larger diameter at the air box same for the TB as current.

Or just one for a stock 997S with X-51? Larger dia both ends.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Former Vendor
The hose only comes in one size and it fits and mates up the same on either model. There is no different hose for the X51 car or a different airbox that was put in.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:41 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Alex,

I believe what dndodd is asking is would Fabspeed be willing to fabricate a tapering hose that will fit the X-51 airbox, tapering down to the stock 997S or 997 TB for a smooth transition.

Originally Posted by Alex@Fabspeed
The hose only comes in one size and it fits and mates up the same on either model. There is no different hose for the X51 car or a different airbox that was put in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake: Schnell V. Fabspeed