997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dension Gateway 500 - Complete Installation Guide -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 05:38 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
You don't take out the head unit, all the wiring is in the front boot, where the amp and CD changer and nav are. As far as running a wire into the cabin, it's not necessary, as the head unit in the cabin will control the iPod. Some do opt to run a wire into the cabin so they can control the music from their iPod directly, although it's not necessary.
CATTMAN

Old 11-12-2009, 05:47 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cattman
You don't take out the head unit, all the wiring is in the front boot, where the amp and CD changer and nav are. As far as running a wire into the cabin, it's not necessary, as the head unit in the cabin will control the iPod. Some do opt to run a wire into the cabin so they can control the music from their iPod directly, although it's not necessary.
CATTMAN
he says he wants bluetooth also, if for ipod alone any unit can be mounted in the trunk at the original cd changer spot as it is the most convenient place. i have my mobridge mounted there as i did not think it make difference but now to have good bluetooth connection my phone rests either in glovebox or on top of front panel where usually sport chrono clock is mounted.

if I keep it in my pocket - bluetooth link is quite bad.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:49 AM
thebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nice
Originally Posted by utkinpol
he says he wants bluetooth also, if for ipod alone any unit can be mounted in the trunk at the original cd changer spot as it is the most convenient place. i have my mobridge mounted there as i did not think it make difference but now to have good bluetooth connection my phone rests either in glovebox or on top of front panel where usually sport chrono clock is mounted.

if I keep it in my pocket - bluetooth link is quite bad.
How do you get the mic to the cabin at the visor area? Is that a big deal? I assume the head unit stays in place?

thanks.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:57 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by thebland
How do you get the mic to the cabin at the visor area? Is that a big deal? I assume the head unit stays in place?

thanks.
fairly simple - there is a hole on right side above (or below? i forgot already and too lazy to go to garage now) steering column, you`ll see it right away when plastic covers are removed from trunk - there are wires going there. mic wire goes there as well, enters cabin above clutch pedal mount somewhere, then i pushed it under trim of door arch all the way up to the panel, then pushed it between front panel and side wall and mounted it on windshield`s left top corner. it is not obstructive and works fine.

with this method you do not touch head unit at all.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:00 AM
thebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nice
Originally Posted by utkinpol
fairly simple - there is a hole on right side above (or below? i forgot already and too lazy to go to garage now) steering column, you`ll see it right away when plastic covers are removed from trunk - there are wires going there. mic wire goes there as well, enters cabin above clutch pedal mount somewhere, then i pushed it under trim of door arch all the way up to the panel, then pushed it between front panel and side wall and mounted it on windshield`s left top corner. it is not obstructive and works fine.

with this method you do not touch head unit at all.
Good to know..Thanks

Old 11-12-2009, 06:07 AM
Originally Posted by thebland
Good to know..Thanks
Sure, just check in your car if you did not have cd changer originally - if it was pre-wired, I mean, cd changer harness.

I think it should be pre-wired with that optical link and have closed loop on it, so essentially you just plug in your dension instead of that closed loop.

in my car i think i did not have anything there, no navigation and no cd changer harness (who knows why), so when dealer installed navigation dvd module - mobridge was placed on same ring next to dvd. it actually sits on velcro right on top of dvd module. From access perspective it is most convenient location.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
We send out very detailed instructions to all our customers as well, in case there is any confusion. Happy to help anytime. Nice writeup.

And don't miss our November to Remember huge group buy on Dension going on now....

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...group-buy.html

Old 11-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
You can feel VERY safe doing business with Eric at BumperPlugs. He personally provides world-class service. If you're like me, and like to DIY, he'll help along the way if for whatever reason you run into an issue.
CATTMAN

Old 11-17-2009, 07:19 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Mine is on the way! Thanks Eric.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:00 AM
Sweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really nice
Mine is too, Thanks again Eric

Old 11-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Sweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really nice
geez I got mine already and starting with the B&M short shifter, then the Dension install.

Thanks very much, it is always great doing business with Eric.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Nas
Nas is on a distinguished road
Great thanx

Old 04-27-2010, 08:26 AM
jrancic2000 is on a distinguished road
I just installed my gateway 500 last week in my 2005 997 Carrera.
Has anyone gotten the song text to be displayed? The directions are kind of confusing.
It works great but would love to have the text working too.
Can anyone confirm that it is possible or not ?

Old 04-27-2010, 08:35 AM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
Yes it is, at the moment you probably have it on Ipod interface instead of GW.

Go to CD6, this is the menu. Use the << >> keys to navigate through the options and then HOLD the >> key to select it. Go to >>Source and then select GW instead of Ipod. The system will drop you back into your main menu and you should then be able to control the Ipod from the PCM and should have song text as well.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:05 PM
jrancic2000 is on a distinguished road
That fixed it. I now can see ID3 Text

Wow, - You knew exactly the state I was in. I am in Information technology and I spent more than an hour trying to figure out how to enable the text.
Thanks so much ! I am thrilled.
I can't believe how misleading the directions are.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Dension Gateway 500 - Complete Installation Guide -