997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

'05 997S: Caring, Loving, Perfection has become a burdon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
'05 997S: Caring, Loving, Perfection has become a burdon

Ugh, I am just exhausted, no pun intended, with my '05 997S. I have done just about every mod, at least twice, and done most of the work myself. I've spent a small fortune to make this car perfect, and I'm tired of it, I'm just done!

I want to leave it by the side of the road and walk away and buy a new M3 or a 997TT, or maybe, just for the heck of not caring anymore, a Wrangler.

I have been driving my car for over a month with half the interior in bits across my garage as I one by one isolate and conquer various rattles with excessive use of felt tape, furniture pads, and weather stripping.

I've repainted interior bits to suit my taste.

I've bolted on every non forced-induction mod there is in the unholy pursuit of power.

I am done, and want to kill this car- I hate the thing I once loved! I think maybe I should clean it up, put it all back together, restore it to stock, sell all the bits, and buy a Wrangler that I don't care about.

Caring has become a burdon, damnit.
CATTMAN

Old 11-01-2009, 08:25 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
Ugh, I am just exhausted, no pun intended, with my '05 997S. I have done just about every mod, at least twice, and done most of the work myself. I've spent a small fortune to make this car perfect, and I'm tired of it, I'm just done!

I want to leave it by the side of the road and walk away and buy a new M3 or a 997TT, or maybe, just for the heck of not caring anymore, a Wrangler.

I have been driving my car for over a month with half the interior in bits across my garage as I one by one isolate and conquer various rattles with excessive use of felt tape, furniture pads, and weather stripping.

I've repainted interior bits to suit my taste.

I've bolted on every non forced-induction mod there is in the unholy pursuit of power.

I am done, and want to kill this car- I hate the thing I once loved! I think maybe I should clean it up, put it all back together, restore it to stock, sell all the bits, and buy a Wrangler that I don't care about.

Caring has become a burdon, damnit.
CATTMAN
OH my....I know this feeling all so well.....!

Problem is,when you sell it,after time you will forget the grief and want another one.....ask me how I know!

Stacy

Old 11-01-2009, 08:26 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Have a martini or two and you'll be fine and back in love again.

The older I get the less I am modding my cars - from here on out I'm buying exactly what I want so only minimal personalization will be all the car needs.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Banned
twiskus has a spectacular aura abouttwiskus has a spectacular aura abouttwiskus has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by lig
Have a martini or two and you'll be fine and back in love again.

The older I get the less I am modding my cars - from here on out I'm buying exactly what I want so only minimal personalization will be all the car needs.
I couldn't agree more. I am 26 and have had a supra TT and RX7 TT back when I was 18 - 24 (before my Porsche dreams became reality) and I am just happy going a few bolt ons (if that even). I am in pursuit of an 06-08 997S with in full leather with sport seats, manual, white/red or cocoa and just drive it!

Trevor

Old 11-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
I suggest you stop doing any work on your car other then washing and waxing it. You're creating your own stress. Maybe trade it in for an 09 leftover, but stop beating yourself up.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:11 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
i just hate the rattles.. ive heard when under warranty they will repair rattles at the dealer.. but i feel thats kinda pety to ask them to fix rattles.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:39 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
haha I feel the same, but to a less extent, I don't think I'd want to leave my hard work on the side of the road, but I do think about getting rid of it for a 6GT3 to leave stock and just enjoy.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:57 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
take everything off, sell it to me, and get yourself the turbo.... What you always wanted......lol

Old 11-01-2009, 10:25 PM
lakercarrera is infamous around these parts
Do you have pics of your car I don't think I have ever seen it.
Just enjoy the fact that you own a porsche, maybe you should go drive it, and remember why you decided to buy and perfect you car
Although if you do sell it I call you intake

Old 11-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
You've put too much time and effort into the car. I think you may go into a depression if you sell it.

Just fall back from your type A+ to an A- personality, and accept that nothing in this world is perfect.

Put everything back onto the car in regular form. Turn up the radio when you hear some rattles.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:52 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
My car is a few days old, and I've modded the car too. I've added clear side markers and silver crested valve caps. I'm done. Why mess with perfection?

Last edited by adias; 11-02-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:53 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I'm just doing a few mods to my Carrera, pretty minor interior trim stuff, a performance air intake, and I'm done. Not screwing with anything else...too expensive to maintain w/o any mods at all!

Some of those rattles are REALLY annoying...my Cayenne S had one unbearable squeaky rattle from the back seat that I took into the dealer.

Enjoy your 997 - there is no perfect automobile but you're driving one that's about the closest to it.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:27 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
No reason to stress. The project is done. Time to move to the next project. Got my M3 perfect, time to sell it!
Oh and I absolutely go back to the dealer for rattles. That's why you paid out the butt to get the damn car with a warranty! For Cattman, life has entered the misery of the no warranty period...

Old 11-02-2009, 11:34 AM
stephen k is infamous around these parts
I know exactly how that feels. However, Take off all the mods and move onto a new project.. It'll be the only way to cope.

btw, I'm getting some rattles on my cab too and its driving me goo goo akdlajksfh

Old 11-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
John I know exactly how you feel..the way it is now I am so sick of washing 3 cars a week (who has the time) and all the rest of the up keep.

Sometimes I too want to sell my car and just relax and don't care anymore.

Dave

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '05 997S: Caring, Loving, Perfection has become a burdon