997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Price of -2 degree front camber

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 11:59 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Price of -2 degree front camber

Got it pre-finalized - using GT3 upper mounts - $385 a piece, $300 for 3 hours of labor + $200 subsequent alignment.

Hopefully will get it done by the end of next week. Using GT3 LCAs would provide -3 degrees of camber but would cost 2 more hours of labor plus parts would cost $500 more. IMHO upper mounts way is pretty cost effective.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:55 AM
lsb
lsb is on a distinguished road
The upper mounts are very adjustable by moving the studs around for a total of 6 positions, and the slot adjustments.
The gt3 control arms w/shims can get -4.5

Attached Images  
Old 12-31-2009, 10:58 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lsb
The upper mounts are very adjustable by moving the studs around for a total of 6 positions, and the slot adjustments.
The gt3 control arms w/shims can get -4.5
Does moving upper end of the stud around require consequent re-alignment every time?

Old 12-31-2009, 11:17 AM
lsb
lsb is on a distinguished road
Yes, every time you move camber toe changes a good amount.
You can set toe to work with camber movements(like track side) without the need to realign. (my example/car below)
At front street camber setting(-1.7) i have .03 toe, i move camber for autocross/track(-2.3) toe moves to -.10
I also have the rear toe set fro movements in camber without the need to realign. It just takes time on the alignment rack to find a good window to stay in. (i do my own alignments).

Old 12-31-2009, 08:47 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
$1400 is around what I paid for GT3 Cup lower control arms install and full alignment. I like other that track prefer the lower control arms in order to get more front camber. Plus with the GT3 Cup arms you get a wider front track too.