997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Center exit (GT3 style) conversion...DIY coming soon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 02:02 PM
StrtSwpr996 is on a distinguished road
What kind of modifications did you do to accept the LED lights?

Old 01-26-2010, 02:11 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by StrtSwpr996
What kind of modifications did you do to accept the LED lights?

I bought a bumper cover that has already been modified (needs minor fill work around lights), but what has been done is essentially shown below in this pic from another forum members bumper modification.

The LED tail lights and required module (module need for pre 2007.5 997's) can be bought at Sucoast and are plug and play.

Attached Images  
Old 01-26-2010, 02:31 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sin911
Is that an OEM RS Wing?

It is an OEM wing with Cargraphic endplates.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:40 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
It is an OEM wing with Cargraphic endplates.
Wow! No wonder the fitment is perfect

Old 01-27-2010, 12:19 AM
Vincent997S will become famous soon enough
What a nice job !!!

Old 02-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Pipes, tips and hardware are in. Now just have to figure out how to get them installed properly

Attached Images  
Old 02-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
Pipes, tips and hardware are in. Now just have to figure out how to get them installed properly
Where do the candles go ???
Sorry, couldn't resist and thought I'd get that crack in before some other wise guy beat me to it. On a serious note, the conversion on the white car looks great and the whole project adds a great deal of interest to the rear of the car that the stock bumper lacks. Will be checking back to see pics when you've finished it. Good luck with it.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by Rennsport-1
The install is very simple. Give me a call if you have any problems.
My problem is that I am installing this on PSE mufflers (want to keep the functionality intact). I think I will need to cut the muffler outlet pipes, but am not sure where. Photo below.

Attached Images  
Old 02-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by Dadio
Where do the candles go ???
Sorry, couldn't resist and thought I'd get that crack in before some other wise guy beat me to it. On a serious note, the conversion on the white car looks great and the whole project adds a great deal of interest to the rear of the car that the stock bumper lacks. Will be checking back to see pics when you've finished it. Good luck with it.
Candles are for the pre-install sacrificial ritual

Old 02-01-2010, 05:51 PM
You have to have it welded to the outlet pipe. Thats the pipe going from your PSE muffler to your exhaust tip ( its right behind your new tip outlet in the photo )
They provided me with V-band clamps. Fabspeed said there is no cutting or welding required for the stock mufflers. I don't know how this is possible though (the cutting). Especially since the outlet pipes are one piece up to where the tips slide on (at least this is how it is on the PSE). I guess I will figure it out.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:37 PM
lakercarrera is on a distinguished road
I dont think these were deigned to be used with pse as pse has 2 outlets verse the standard one outlet

Old 02-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by lakercarrera
I dont think these were deigned to be used with pse as pse has 2 outlets verse the standard one outlet
I am not worried about the 2 outlet pipes that the PSE has. The pipes were meant to just bolt right up to even the non PSE muffler without cutting the outlet pipe (that is what I was told). From what I see that is not possible either. I have an email into Fabspeed for clarification.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Did you happen to ever hear back from Fabspeed? I also have the PSE mufflers and really don't want to cut or weld anything.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Misanors4
Did you happen to ever hear back from Fabspeed? I also have the PSE mufflers and really don't want to cut or weld anything.

I heard from Joey at Fabspeed (he said there should not be any cutting), but he said he is not as technical as Alex (who happens to be out of town and who I originally dealt with who also said there should be no cutting required when I originally contacted him). Waiting for Alex to return my email.

But it is impossible to bolt these pipes on the PSE without some sort of modification. For that matter, there would be no way to bolt them up to the non-PSE stock muffler either. Both mufflers have outlet tubes that are continuous to the tips.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:27 AM
The outlets ( center exit ) that you have displayed you in your photo would mate up perfectly to the Fabspeed Max-FLo mufflers with no issues. Since the OEM mufflers ( PSE and Non PSE ) have a fixed outlet going to the tip, you are going to need to modify your outlet in order for it to work and fit correctly.
Yeah, I gathered this, but I don't think the guys over at Fabspeed understand that the Porsche outlet pipes are one piece to the tips unlike their Maxflo mufflers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Center exit (GT3 style) conversion...DIY coming soon