997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Center exit (GT3 style) conversion...DIY coming soon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:25 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm so sorry about all the troubles you went through... I wish everyone would realize how some vendors behave and not do business with them anymore.

How great of Fabspeed to stay behind their products!

Old 02-24-2010, 07:51 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Forum

This is where the Forum reps should chime in and put some pressure on "their sponsors"......

Old 02-24-2010, 08:45 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sin911
I'm so sorry about all the troubles you went through... I wish everyone would realize how some vendors behave and not do business with them anymore.

How great of Fabspeed to stay behind their products!
Thanks for the condolence!

Old 02-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really nice
Glad to see that things are rolling along

Old 02-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Hey MJFDDS, I apologize for the mistake, our order department refunded you the incorrect amount. It was supposed to be for $595 so I will make sure it gets handled today. Sorry for the mistake. Hope everything else is well and were all excited to see the new setup.
We also changed our website with the updated info for the Conversion kit on these cars, so thank you for bringing that to our attention.
Thanks,

Old 02-24-2010, 12:28 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Still with $595 refunded that means those tips cost you $725??? WTF.

If I was you, I would return everything and You should go see the guys at RSS or GMG and get it done right and for less money.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:55 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
If I were fabspeed at this point, i'd try to save face instead of making a buck off this guy.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:24 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Here are some photos of the conversion which is 90% finished. The bumper still needs some refinement and a re-spray. Overall, I am happy with the way it turned out and the fact that I was able to keep the PSE functionality.

Attached Images     
Old 02-25-2010, 07:43 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
MJF,

Please pm me with how you did his or who did this for you.

I have a center exit bumper, and I have to put stock mufflers back on for Laguna seca and I need a way to route to center exit.

This looks perfect!

I appreciate any help!

Old 02-25-2010, 07:52 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mobonic
MJF,

Please pm me with how you did his or who did this for you.

I have a center exit bumper, and I have to put stock mufflers back on for Laguna seca and I need a way to route to center exit.

This looks perfect!

I appreciate any help!
Because of the noise restrictions?

Old 02-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Yup, 92 db.

Nothing but stock will pass and even stock GT3's will be over 92 db's!

Old 02-25-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by mobonic
Yup, 92 db.

Nothing but stock will pass and even stock GT3's will be over 92 db's!
Damn, that sucks! So what do GT3 owners do?

Old 02-25-2010, 08:13 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Piping looks great, very clean job!

Old 02-25-2010, 08:21 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
looks really nice.

I would have gone to local mandrel bending shop in first place to get those pipes made.

I might do this conversion if I have chance to sell my Vorsteiner rear bumper, and have TPC make me a new pipe..

Old 02-25-2010, 09:31 PM
lakercarrera is on a distinguished road
Looks amazing

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Center exit (GT3 style) conversion...DIY coming soon