997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Are rattles covered under warranty and for how long?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Jalbrah is on a distinguished road
Are rattles covered under warranty and for how long?

My 06 C2S has a few rattles that I would like to fix and I am wondering if this is something that the factory warranty would cover. The original warranty is good until this July and then the CPO takes over...

Thanks in advance for the response.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:58 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jalbrah
My 06 C2S has a few rattles that I would like to fix and I am wondering if this is something that the factory warranty would cover. The original warranty is good until this July and then the CPO takes over...

Thanks in advance for the response.
So come to your dealer and let him look at them. When I had issues they were ready to help with noise I had but it went away by itself somehow later on.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:17 PM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
I've always had rattles and squeaks fixed under warranty on every car I've ever owned, including my Porsches. Either original or CPO warranty, shouldn't matter.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:38 PM
cbzzoom is an unknown quantity at this point
Every Porsche I test drove had a ton of rattles. It seems like if you fix one another one pops up.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Jalbrah is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the response guys - I will take it to the dealer in hope of fix.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:05 PM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by cbzzoom
Every Porsche I test drove had a ton of rattles. It seems like if you fix one another one pops up.
lol worddd, the rattles drive me CRAZY, just my luck every time I go in to complain about the rattle I have to spend 20minutes defending myself because of my 20" wheels and kw coils...

" your car rattles because you have over sized wheels, and your car is a lot lower, and stiffer than the factory settings" STFU, and fix my damn rattles

Old 03-23-2010, 02:24 AM
20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future
mine's brand new with no mods and still rattles near the cupholder and steering wheel area, the dealer told me get used to it its a sports car, i'm definitely going back...

Old 03-23-2010, 06:44 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Depends on the rattle. Certainly worth taking it in.

But you fix one...within weeks or months...another will crop up. Rattle is part of Porsche DNA.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:23 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
but, I have an instrument cluster rattle and I understand there is a TSB for this!