997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Scuffed Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 10:04 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Scuffed Wheels

Had to swerve out of the way due to a driver that didn't do a great job looking in their blindspot and scuffed my wheels. it isn't terrible, but I'd like to find a way to repair this on my own.

Found a great post for self-repair:
http://www.bmwtips.com/tipsntricks/w...uff-repair.htm

I know I can easily pick up thinner and sandpaper at a hardware store, but where is the best place to pick up the rest (listed below)? I tried Amazon, but they don't have the Wurth wheel paint and clear coat.

- can of scratch-filler primer (Duplicolor Filler Primer is pictured),
- the WURTH wheel paint and clear (got mine at Performance Products),
- Bondo spot putty (or equivalent)

I'm definitely willing to stop by an AutoZone or other local auto store.

Thanks for the tips in advance.

Wolf

Last edited by wolfnards; 07-21-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Fastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to behold
Check Us out we do wheel repair and refinishing

Old 07-21-2010, 11:43 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
I wouldn't go the DIY route. Spend the money to get them refinished by a professional.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:41 PM
Fastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to behold
Before:

After:

Old 07-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Old 07-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Send it to Elvis at Fast Forward Wheels, he'll do you right.... 323-262-7365 He's the man!

-Eli