997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

For those Android users who want music in their car 997.1 cars...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 09:16 PM
reewrd has a little shameless behaviour in the past
For those Android users who want music in their car 997.1 cars...

For those with 997.1s and no bluetooth or iPhone, you can probably relate to using an iPod plus carrying a separate phone in the car. I have Verizon as my biz carrier, and have been toughing it out waiting for them to catch up with their hardware. It was something I lived with, hoping one day to carry only one device.

Last week my IT guy set me up with a Droid X convinced he could solve my problem. He downloaded a program called tunesync, and purchased a $60 device for my car called the
GOgroove FlexSMART X2. Finally, a solution !!!

For those interested, here's how it works. The tunesync program, downloaded from the android app store, taps into your iTunes library, via your home wireless network or bluetooth. The program brings up a list on your phone of all the pictures, music, and videos you have in iTunes. You pick the media you want, and it pushes the media to your phone. No wires - no hassle - with all the album artwork - it's pretty slick. The last piece of the puzzle is the GOgroove X2 which simply plugs into the cigarette lighter, and pairs with your phone via bluetooth. It streams music over an FM station and also has a USB outlet to charge your phone.

I know there are some audiophiles on this board who cringe at the idea of using an FM transmitter to play their music, but this device sounds much better than the FM transmitter I was using with my iPod. Plus i have a cab and the top is always down here in San Diego

I'm happy with the solution, and tossed my iPod in a pile of old electronics today, and finally have a phone that carries all my music and plays it in my car.

I am sure there must be others who have the same dilemma and hope this helps.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:06 AM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
looks very cool, will give it a try.THX!