997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Here's some good news - TPC Turbo

Old 08-10-2010, 12:12 PM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
Here's some good news - TPC Turbo

I know TPC's been getting some attention these days for the 2005 ECU challenges, but I thought I'd pass along a small but positive milestone.

I picked up my '06 997 C4 with TPC Turbo this spring from the gang at TPC Racing. Since then its run great. It's an absolute missile when I step on it, has a great exhaust sound and is comfortable enough for everyday cruising. When I bring people for spirited rides, they usually have an expression that you have after a scared-sh*tless roller coaster ride - they're traumatized but want to do it again!

But even before I got the turbo I had anxiety about getting it through an inspection. Here in Mass., we have California level exhaust inspections. This is the most stringent level in the United States. I was worried, as were many posters here, that it would fail the inspection. TPC assured me otherwise, but it was a source of worry.

Today I had my annual inspection completed and it passed without any issues!

So... I think worriers and doubters can remove that from their list of concerns.

Now, if I can just get past that angst about speeding tickets....

Bob

Old 08-10-2010, 12:18 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
That is good news for TPC, I am sure they will figure out the problem. Like any manufacturing process, there is never 100% perfection.

As for you scaring people on a drive, perhaps it is you and not the car! I think you should take your car out for a HPDE.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:40 PM
markar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to all
Hi Bob, I am Happy you pas your inspection. My car is 2000 C4 TPC Turbo, I am also having blast with my car to... It's nice to have sleeper to play with unsuspected corvetts and mustangs my late victim 360 Ferrari I am so happy every time Drive I forget abut economy and Bad business . Hope one day we will meet.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
What is going with TPC's kit? What ECU issues are they having?
CATTMAN

Old 08-11-2010, 07:17 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cattman
What is going with TPC's kit? What ECU issues are they having?
CATTMAN
apparently cpu in '05 997 cars is from 996 cars ad not up to the task after re-flash with turbo maps. not sure why.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:47 AM
msia is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice Can't wait for TPC to sort it all out and get mine delivered!