997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Window tinting: What brand and type?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Window tinting: What brand and type?

What brand and type of window tint do you guys recommend? I've decided to get my windows tinted and the guy I’ve decided to go with carries Llumar. He said he could order whatever I wanted but cautions me that some tinting (Metallized) is a little harder to apply compared to regular tinting. What I’m looking for in order:

Heat rejection/UV protection
No interference with my electronics
Maintain optical clarity, no hue or distortion (at least VERY little)
Don't want to be blind at night
Some privacy
Aesthetics

I don’t mind spending a bit more to get quality stuff…

I’ve done some reading and it seems there are a few good brands people recommend:

Llumar
Huper Optik
Diamond cut IR

Then there's the various types I’ve come across:

Regular, non-metallic
Metallized
Ceramic
IR film

My car is Black/Black and I think I'm going with 35% tint.

Thanks

Last edited by Johnny DB; 09-24-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:53 AM
daystar is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Window Tinting

I work for a window tinting company. We don't do cars (used to) and now do mainly architectural stuff.

The guy at the shop you're going to work with seems to know his stuff, so I'd be pretty confident. When we used to to autos, we used Llumar as well, and I'd say you can't go wrong.

The ceramic is more versatile and offers the most benefits, but the metallized just looks better IMHO. I've heard people complain about losing cell reception with metallized, but that's pretty much a myth.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:34 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
Huper Optik I have used as it gets greats reviews from everyone. Its heat rejection is crazy and I like the subtle european look it offers.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
The Diamond Cut IR stuff looks pretty good. I may give them a call and see if they will sell me some and have it installed over here.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by gloves
Huper Optik I have used as it gets greats reviews from everyone. Its heat rejection is crazy and I like the subtle european look it offers.

What % did you get? Any pics?

Can you explain a little more: "subtle european look" ?