997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Post Your Winter Pictures 2010

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 09:38 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
w00tPorsche your pic is broken...

And to flat6&v8s that is a very cool picture

Old 01-18-2011, 11:46 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
why cant i upload a video and have it play through here unless its from youtube...

FAIL - just click on the pic and it will bring you to a photobucket video

Last edited by gloves; 01-18-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Lopp is on a distinguished road
First Person Video in Snow

Got caught in a blizzard on Christmas night in a '07 C2 cabriolet. Fortunately, Pirelli Sotto Zero winter tires were just installed. Even so, the back end kicked out a couple of times from only slight acceleration. My previous '00 Boxster S seemed to handle better in the snow. Both have traction control.

There are various factors, but I attribute part of the problem to the 997 tiptronic as opposed to the Boxster manual transmission. At least in the sense that with the manual, I knew how the car was going to respond, whereas I wasn't too sure how the tiptronic was shifting in the snow. Next time I will use manual mode to eliminate this variable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFRseodb_dM

Old 01-27-2011, 09:11 AM
As some of you may know the Boston area got about 9+ inches of snow last night. These are from this morning.

Attached Images   

Last edited by gloves; 01-28-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:20 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gloves
As some of you may know the Boston area got about 9+ inches of snow last night. These are from this morning.

can't see the pics! please reupload.

I"m in Bedford. it's madness

Old 01-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Kingdom is on a distinguished road

Old 01-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by wolfnards
can't see the pics! please reupload.

I"m in Bedford. it's madness
Done

Old 01-27-2011, 01:03 PM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
No pic

We got dumped on in central CT last night and I beached mine this morning on a mound of snow a plow piled up. The front wheels were off the ground! Took a few tries to back out after turning the PSM off. The radiators were packed solid with snow. Wish I had my phone/camera.

Thank god for heated garages. She's still thawing...

It stinks to get slush/snow/sand/salt in and on your car, but it's the price for not having to abandon your best mate under a cover for months on end.

DRP

Old 01-27-2011, 05:44 PM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
cruising park city

Attached Images  
Old 01-27-2011, 06:24 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gloves

Still havin issues i c ! ROFL

Here u go

Old 01-27-2011, 06:26 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by carbonissimo
cruising park city

Great pic my friend....great pic!

Old 01-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Thank god I live in FL....

Old 01-27-2011, 08:19 PM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jjc4scab

Here u go

M Brando voice: the horror....

Old 01-28-2011, 08:44 AM
That would be because I tried to remove the attachments and it wasnt happy. I just Fixed it

Great pic my friend....great pic!

And this I like. Congrats.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:43 AM
marcus550 is on a distinguished road
We're looking at 26" on the ground right now. I'm sick of snow-blowing the 440' long driveway! The wife really needs to buy a jeep with a plow...

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Post Your Winter Pictures 2010