997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Mat for the back seats when folded down?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 11:23 AM
JT997 will become famous soon enough
Mat for the back seats when folded down?

Before I settled on my 911, I test drove one that had a mat across the parcel shelf that the back seats create when folded down. It was constructed very much like a floormat, and had Carrera in the correct font written across it. It was a very nice touch and finished of the back area quite nicely. I am very interested in getting one, but I have had no luck finding one. I don't know if it was custom made or if it was a factory option, although I don't think it came from the factory as I have never seen another one.

Anyone know of/seen/or know where I can get one?

I checked Lloyd but didn't see them on their sight. Maybe I would have to have them custom make it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:00 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JT997
Before I settled on my 911, I test drove one that had a mat across the parcel shelf that the back seats create when folded down. It was constructed very much like a floormat, and had Carrera in the correct font written across it. It was a very nice touch and finished of the back area quite nicely. I am very interested in getting one, but I have had no luck finding one. I don't know if it was custom made or if it was a factory option, although I don't think it came from the factory as I have never seen another one.

Anyone know of/seen/or know where I can get one?

I checked Lloyd but didn't see them on their sight. Maybe I would have to have them custom make it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
You didn't look hard enough. Lloyds website directs you to retail websites and from there you can use a configurator to find what you're looking for. Don't know your year/model but here's an example:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/..._frame&mat=ult

Old 03-10-2011, 01:52 PM
JT997 will become famous soon enough
You didn't look hard enough.
Man, called me out like that, lol.

Thanks! That looks like exactly what I am looking for. Rep power up!

Old 03-10-2011, 02:51 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JT997
Man, called me out like that, lol.

Thanks! That looks like exactly what I am looking for. Rep power up!
If you get custom stitching be very specific in your order, maybe even talk live to someone since custom isn't returnable and the stitching instructions are less than perfect. Good luck.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:05 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
So is the "small deck mat" the appropriate one to order for the back?

Old 03-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by surfah
So is the "small deck mat" the appropriate one to order for the back?
I think you'll see two "small deck mats" listed in the configurator - one is for the larger area with the seats folded down and the other is for deck just behind the seats (under the window) when they are upright - I believe the configurator states that.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:05 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
I think you'll see two "small deck mats" listed in the configurator - one is for the larger area with the seats folded down and the other is for deck just behind the seats (under the window) when they are upright - I believe the configurator states that.
That's what I thought, so the "larger" small deck mat is the way to go. I'm curious but is concern excessive wear to the rear seat backs over time? I mostly put my gym bag and other small items there but after doing a Sam's Club run yesterday I had 36 rolls of TP, a case of Heine, a case of Red Bull, and other assorted items in the back with the rear seats down and I considered the utility of a deck mat.