997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

pagid pads and brake sensors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 12:41 PM
madporsche85 is on a distinguished road
pagid pads and brake sensors

I replaced my stock brake pads with pagid yellow pads and removed all brake sensors as well since there were no holes to put the sensors in.
As I expected, brake sensor warning light was on.
Is there any way that I can use pagid yellow pads without both brake sensors and warning light?

And I was also wondering if it is okay to run front pagid yellow pads with rear stock pads.
I might want to replace rear pagid pads with stock pads.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:46 PM
machina has a spectacular aura aboutmachina has a spectacular aura about
find an old set of sensors and cut the end off after the plug and terminate the wires. (tie them together.

have done it on many cars.

do not run stock rears with pagid yellow fronts. You need more bias to the rear so you need a pad with equall or more torque at the back.

I run yellows in the front and black in the back.

dr

Last edited by machina; 04-18-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:12 PM
madporsche85 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by machina
find an old set of sensors and cut the end off after the plug and terminate the wires. (tie them together.

have done it on many cars.

do not run stock rears with pagid yellow fronts. You need more bias to the rear so you need a pad with equall or more torque at the back.

I run yellows in the front and black in the back.

dr
I understand that once I plug the sensors, I can cut off the rest of wires.
But what do you mean by "terminate"? You mean I have to clear the code?
And do I have to do so for all the four sensors? Or I can simply plug and cut the front ones?
Btw, I appreciate your help.

Last edited by madporsche85; 04-19-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:40 PM
machina has a spectacular aura aboutmachina has a spectacular aura about
do not run pagid fronts with stock rears

Old 04-19-2011, 04:58 PM
zoomzoommo is on a distinguished road
My new RS29's actually had the hole for the sensor. Previously I would just zip tie the sensors. Perhaps Pagid is making a running change?

Old 04-19-2011, 08:18 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Take the two wires and connect the copper part of the wires to complete the circuit. Then zap strap the wire to the suspension to keep it out of the way. Why would you run Pagid yellows on the street? I suspect that they will be swapped out for something else, the sound of the brakes will annoy you until you get some heat into this pad. It will also eat through your rotors much faster as well.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:29 AM
jurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond repute
brake sensors

Originally Posted by madporsche85
I replaced my stock brake pads with pagid yellow pads and removed all brake sensors as well since there were no holes to put the sensors in.
As I expected, brake sensor warning light was on.
Is there any way that I can use pagid yellow pads without both brake sensors and warning light?

And I was also wondering if it is okay to run front pagid yellow pads with rear stock pads.
I might want to replace rear pagid pads with stock pads.
Just to confirm: The sensors are in a "normal" mode when the circuit is closed (power flowing through the wires). If you just removed them from the connector the car senses that the wires have been burned through, as when the brake pads wear down to that point.

Just have an intact sensor at each wheel, and zip tie them to the suspension upright.

Don't buy them from the dealer, they are cheaper if you shop around (eBay is good $$).

If you are doing your own brake pad maintenance you don't really need the sensors to tell you when the pads need replacing do you?