997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New wheels - worth the wait!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 04:24 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster
PS - Looks like you're using the OEM wheel bolts - are those the right ones for those wheels? IIRC from a PM conversation I had w/ Stacy (yes I know his are a little different), his use conical seats not radius but I could be wrong.

Just wanted to make sure you're safe...
Just got off the phone WITH Manu At DPE Wheels and....

the wheels use a 60 degree conical seat bolt.....HOWEVER...they can also drill them so that you use your factory(ball seat) bolts,which in this application,they did drill for the factory bolts!

Cheers,

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 05-11-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:49 PM
997C2SM is just really nice997C2SM is just really nice997C2SM is just really nice997C2SM is just really nice997C2SM is just really nice
Wow those split seven's look great. If I had a wide body I would be ordering a set of those right now!

Old 05-11-2011, 04:52 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997C2SM
Wow those split seven's look great. If I had a wide body I would be ordering a set of those right now!
You do not need a wide body for these to fit,they make them for the NB too.......ASK me how I know!

Stacy

Old 05-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster
PS - Looks like you're using the OEM wheel bolts - are those the right ones for those wheels?
Burg, thanks for noticing the difference. I hadn't even given it a thought - I didn't even know lug bolts for the Porsche could have varied heads!

they can also drill them so that you use your factory(ball seat) bolts,which in this application,they did drill for the factory bolts!
Stacy, thanks for double checking the info, really glad it's a non issue!

Ron

Old 05-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
Great choice on the DPE's! The entire car looks fantastic, well done!

Jay

Old 05-12-2011, 12:18 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Ron,

Great looking wheels. Hope to see them in person one of these days. You're right about yesterday being perfect. To bad I can't say the same for today.

You in L.O.? Trying to decipher based on the background in your pic's.

Take it easy.

Joe

Old 05-12-2011, 07:41 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
love the wheels, great choice....

Old 05-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
love the wheels, great choice....
Great choice on the DPE's! The entire car looks fantastic, well done!
Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by JoeShark
Great looking wheels. Hope to see them in person one of these days. You're right about yesterday being perfect. To bad I can't say the same for today.

You in L.O.? Trying to decipher based on the background in your pic's.

Joe
Thanks Joe. Actually I live in the same city as you do! Hope to catch you around sometime - maybe for one of those C&Cs this summer!

Old 05-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Here's another shot from a different angle. I need to get some time (and some dry weather!) to get to a different site for a more stylish photo backdrop than my driveway.

For those of you interested in specs,

The fronts are 235/25/20 Hankook Ventus V12 on 20x8.5 wheels ET 38
The rears are 305/25/20 on 20x11 wheels ET unknown (I've got to find out).

I love these tires, much better than the Bridgestone Re050's that came stock with the car. MUCH quieter, even though I went from 18" to 20" tires! Haven't really gone ripping around any corners yet, but soon enough. And the rears are 10mm wider than the stock 295/35/18's, but I think the profile looks like it flows really well with the fenders. They're probably a _little_ more rounded than the Nitto Invo's Stacy had mounted on his wheels first, before he went with Pirelli's...

Suspension is the OEM shocks with H&R springs from Damon at TireRack. Yes it's a little rougher than stock, but I expected it. I didn't measure the drop, but probably on the order of 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 inches (I had the huge wheel gap that came with non-PASM C4's...) I have not noticed any sagging or bounciness after 2 months.

Ron

Last edited by Scoper; 05-12-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:45 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Son of a b**** that is a good looking car... really, that final picture just brought the entire car in perspective. Everything flows perfect from the back to the front and the wheels are not too little or too much, just PERFECT!

Originally Posted by Scoper
Here's another shot from a different angle. I need to get some time (and some dry weather!) to get to a different site for a more stylish photo backdrop than my driveway.

For those of you interested in specs,

The fronts are 235/25/20 Hankook Ventus V12 on 20x8.5 wheels ET 38
The rears are 305/25/20 on 20x11 wheels ET unknown (I've got to find out).

I love these tires, much better than the Bridgestone Re050's that came stock with the car. MUCH quieter, even though I went from 18" to 20" tires! Haven't really gone ripping around any corners yet, but soon enough. And the rears are 10mm wider than the stock 295/35/18's, but I think the profile looks like it flows really well with the fenders. They're probably a _little_ more rounded than the Nitto Invo's Stacy had mounted on his wheels first, before he went with Pirelli's...

Suspension is the OEM shocks with H&R springs from Damon at TireRack. Yes it's a little rougher than stock, but I expected it. I didn't measure the drop, but probably on the order of 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 inches (I had the huge wheel gap that came with non-PASM C4's...) I have not noticed any sagging or bounciness after 2 months.

Ron

Old 05-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
Son of a b**** that is a good looking car... really, that final picture just brought the entire car in perspective. Everything flows perfect from the back to the front and the wheels are not too little or too much, just PERFECT!
OH OH...another victim of the GREAT looking wheel campaign,LOL!
YOU know you NEED a set!

Stacy

Old 05-12-2011, 10:53 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
DirtyVegas put it best when he said that final picture just brought the entire car in perspective. Great shot of the finished product. Congrats.

See you on the roads around here.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:02 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
I promissed myself I would not buy any more wheels... I still have a set from my old Audi S6 in my garage... I am trying to be good, at least for a little while longer lol

I do have an eye on a set of BBS CH-R though...

Originally Posted by justatoy
OH OH...another victim of the GREAT looking wheel campaign,LOL!
YOU know you NEED a set!

Stacy

Old 05-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Chitown335 is on a distinguished road
Great choice...very sharp!

Old 05-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Brian GTS is on a distinguished road
WOW, those are nice. They really fit well...love the depth!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New wheels - worth the wait!