997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My 2012 GTS and Other VW Commodities Aboard This Vessel

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:23 PM
unclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really nice
My 2012 GTS and Other VW Commodities Aboard This Vessel

My dealer, Porsche of Downtown LA, provided me with build date (May 3) and aboard vessel date (May 9), and now vessel name.

These websites keep me updated as the Grand Neptune makes its way accross the pond carrying "VW commodities" including my GTS.

After going through the Panama canal, the port of call is San Diego (June 6). From there, the cars are
unloaded and trucked to various dealers in the West.

Needless to say, I am monitoring every nautical mile.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?mmsi=371964000

http://www.portofsd.com/inbound_ships.asp

Old 05-19-2011, 05:38 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Suite! I bet you are jonesing to take the GTS for some runs down to Big Sur and along Pleasure Point. Congrats and the obligatory request to post pics when you get her.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:53 PM
unclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really nice
Thanks for the kind words surfah. Car will live in Santa Cruz and be doin the 17. First trip LA to Santa Cruz for a spanking break-in run, then the long way to Raton, NM to drop my kid off at camp. Gonna push this car a bit in the beginning-my 2007 C4S responded well to a spirited break-in and barely consumed any oil over 55K miles.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:32 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by unclejosh
Thanks for the kind words surfah. Car will live in Santa Cruz and be doin the 17. First trip LA to Santa Cruz for a spanking break-in run, then the long way to Raton, NM to drop my kid off at camp. Gonna push this car a bit in the beginning-my 2007 C4S responded well to a spirited break-in and barely consumed any oil over 55K miles.
Nice upgrade from C4S to GTS. I will be interested in hearing your opinion on going from 4 to rear-wheel drive.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:58 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by unclejosh
Gonna push this car a bit in the beginning-my 2007 C4S responded well to a spirited break-in and barely consumed any oil over 55K miles.
That's how a Porsche should be properly introduced to it's new driver. Rep Points for you...

Old 05-20-2011, 08:03 AM
llngoc is infamous around these parts
I bet you are counting every day now. I will let you know how's my pick up go after next week.

BTW, are you planning to go all the way on HWY 1?

Old 05-23-2011, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by llngoc
I bet you are counting every day now. I will let you know how's my pick up go after next week.

BTW, are you planning to go all the way on HWY 1?
Need to check out which parts of HWY 1 are open since slides....