997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Musclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud of
I am so envious of all you guys that have just received your lights! Frank emailed me this morning with tracking info as they just shipped out. He does realize that we are an "immediate gratification" crowd right?

Thankfully all the pics of everyone's install has slightly pacified my anticipation.....NOT!

Old 06-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Musclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud of
Question

Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
I am also curious about the resistor that shipped with the lights. I too did not install as I saw one already on the light assembly. The lights work just fine without it. I will contact OT and inquire about it.
Hi DirtyVegas,

First big thank you for sharing and infecting us all with the fever! Seriously, I do appreciate you sharing with all and look forward to getting mine installed.

Regarding your comment about resistor, what did Frank at OT but back with?

Old 06-16-2011, 06:00 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
I tried to order some from Frank last night and it seems he is out of stock for the moment but has ordered a large amount. He said he keeps selling them out as soon as the come in, to 6speed members.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:19 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Musclehedz101
Hi DirtyVegas,

First big thank you for sharing and infecting us all with the fever! Seriously, I do appreciate you sharing with all and look forward to getting mine installed.

Regarding your comment about resistor, what did Frank at OT but back with?
Answer from Frank is in the last post in this thread:https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...1-leds-14.html

Old 06-16-2011, 06:41 PM
raddray will become famous soon enoughraddray will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Answer from Frank is in the last post in this thread:https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...1-leds-14.html

Was just going to say that.... anyway.. this is what i posted.

extra dectane resistors.
Here is the response from Frank at Orange tuning on the extra resistors.

Hi Raymond,

We just talked with the technican department.

Some 997.1 has already installed the "Bord-Computer-Technic" of 4S or GT3.

Is that the reason the additional resistors are not required.

Depo incl. the additional resistors in any package that the customer can installed them in any case.

If you dont need them you have an extra set of resistors.

-Frank
----- Original Message -----
To: Orange-Tuning
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 10:48 PM
Subject: Re: Enquiry from orange-tuning.de

do you know if the second set of resistors are required? I plugged the lights in without the extra resistor pack and have had no issues or any warning lights.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:42 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by White Rock
I tried to order some from Frank last night and it seems he is out of stock for the moment but has ordered a large amount. He said he keeps selling them out as soon as the come in, to 6speed members.
I made it clear I was from 6speed, I guess I was not the only person. He was quick to response, almost like he was waiting for our emails.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:50 PM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
Just curious, has anyone upgraded to the 997.2 decklid (from the 4 and 4S) to complete the look?

Old 06-16-2011, 07:20 PM
cosmican is on a distinguished road
Love the lights. I was thinking about the smoked out ones. I have a black on black c4s cab. Do you think I should go for the stock clear look or get the tinted ones since my car is black. I'm gonna be getting flat black wheels eventually too.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cosmican
Love the lights. I was thinking about the smoked out ones. I have a black on black c4s cab. Do you think I should go for the stock clear look or get the tinted ones since my car is black. I'm gonna be getting flat black wheels eventually too.
Once you ordered smoked, you can't go back, I suggest you get the clear ones, installed them to see how you like them, if you don't, get it tinted, if you don't like that, rip off the tint.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:46 PM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
Apologize up front for the stupid question, but what is the expected longevity of these lights? If one of the LEDs burns out, does the entire assembly need to be replaced?

Old 06-16-2011, 09:43 PM
chi4s is on a distinguished road
can't get over how much better these lights make the car look. in fact, i like them better than the oem 997.2 lights. never did like the droopy look. i have the fever! whats the likelihood the price on these will drop in the near future?

Old 06-17-2011, 12:04 AM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
No prob! Just really glad it has worked out for everyone here.

Originally Posted by Musclehedz101
Hi DirtyVegas,

Old 06-17-2011, 04:46 AM
Vincent997S will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by White Rock

Yes, out of stock for the moment. Thank you guys

Old 06-17-2011, 02:57 PM
mihink can only hope to improve
Lights installed ... Look great. Near perfect fit

Old 06-17-2011, 03:04 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Here are my low quality phone pics:

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane