997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Hence the reason the rest of the world hates America

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
This is maybe not one of the reasons that the USA is hated by so many, but I for one can't really figure out why one would do that. Sure, he can do whatever he wants with the car, it's his car.
But if you asked 100 Europeans which country they thought this was filmed in, I would guess 95+ of them would say USA. In my eyes that's not a good thing.

Also, I don't think we should go in to why the US of A is not so cared for in many parts of the world. That's for another forum to discuss..

Just for the record, I don't really care if old cars get blown up over there. I still dream of moving to California!

Old 06-26-2011, 05:12 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by carrera997re
I dont get it He blew the engine and tranny so he pumps 100 rounds into the poor car. How about donating the car to someone? Some brains that guy has freak shows like that should belong in a white rubber room.
He did.

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 1:34 PM on 23rd June 2011

The silver sports car was donated to an American gun club by a wealthy motorist who was fed-up with the vehicle’s constant engine problems. Massachusetts group Comm2A – which campaigns to protect US gun laws – parked the German motor in a firing range and allowed 130 members to shoot at will. Men, women and children fired off more than 10,000 rounds using machine guns and automatic weapons to leave the Porsche a bullet-riddled shadow of its former self. The incredible pictures were taken at the weekend by video game animator John Beauchemin who was one of the 140 people to fire weapons at the car.

He said: ”The car was 100 yards from the line, and we had lots of new and inexperienced shooters and people using pistols. ”We were accurate enough to shoot the spokes out of the wheels pretty quickly when someone suggested it. ”I managed to put a few rifled 12ga slugs into her myself – I just wanted to destroy something beautiful.

”Fun times were had by all – except the Porsche.”

This silver Porsche 911 had suffered a number of problems to the engine and cooling system and was going to cost the owner more than £10,000 to put right. So instead of fixing the sports car he gave it to Comm2A, which campaigns to ”reserve and expand the rights of gun owners” in north-east USA. They teamed up with Northeast Shooters in New England and placed the Porsche in a makeshift ‘no parking’ spot on a shooting range before opening fire on the machine.

Comm2A president Brent Carlton said: ”We have seen people shoot cars in the past but we think this is the first time anyone has shot up a Porsche. ”We’re incredibly grateful to the owner for donating the car and he seemed more than happy too – he took the first shot.”Mr Carlton confirmed that 130 people attended the event on Saturday, which was held in New England and raised $4,000 for the organization .

Last edited by bbywu; 06-26-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:56 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by carrera997re
I dont get it He blew the engine and tranny so he pumps 100 rounds into the poor car. How about donating the car to someone? Some brains that guy has freak shows like that should belong in a white rubber room.
He did.

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 1:34 PM on 23rd June 2011

The silver sports car was donated to an American gun club by a wealthy motorist who was fed-up with the vehicle’s constant engine problems. Massachusetts group Comm2A – which campaigns to protect US gun laws – parked the German motor in a firing range and allowed 130 members to shoot at will. Men, women and children fired off more than 10,000 rounds using machine guns and automatic weapons to leave the Porsche a bullet-riddled shadow of its former self. The incredible pictures were taken at the weekend by video game animator John Beauchemin who was one of the 140 people to fire weapons at the car.

He said: ”The car was 100 yards from the line, and we had lots of new and inexperienced shooters and people using pistols. ”We were accurate enough to shoot the spokes out of the wheels pretty quickly when someone suggested it. ”I managed to put a few rifled 12ga slugs into her myself – I just wanted to destroy something beautiful.

”Fun times were had by all – except the Porsche.”

This silver Porsche 911 had suffered a number of problems to the engine and cooling system and was going to cost the owner more than £10,000 to put right. So instead of fixing the sports car he gave it to Comm2A, which campaigns to ”reserve and expand the rights of gun owners” in north-east USA. They teamed up with Northeast Shooters in New England and placed the Porsche in a makeshift ‘no parking’ spot on a shooting range before opening fire on the machine.

Comm2A president Brent Carlton said: ”We have seen people shoot cars in the past but we think this is the first time anyone has shot up a Porsche. ”We’re incredibly grateful to the owner for donating the car and he seemed more than happy too – he took the first shot.”Mr Carlton confirmed that 130 people attended the event on Saturday, which was held in New England and raised $4,000 for the organization .
Thats some donation bunch of trigger happy bannanas.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Recalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really nice
Deleted

Old 06-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Recalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really nice
Man, this is so representative of the state of the right-wing union... the “don’t take my guns away because we need them to defend the USA" and we are SO responsible… ugh…it is globally embarrassing. Makes the USA look like a bunch of gun toting fools… shameful
Pack up. Move. I've traveled to damn near every country on earth. I'm sure you'll find one with a lot more freedom and better, more accepting people. So many countries are more diverse than us.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:11 PM
I noticed everybody that thought this was a big deal was from NYC or Boston. Kind of funny. I also found it ironic that the one foreign guy was from the beautiful country of Sweden and said he dreams of moving to the USA. Yea. We're hated.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:31 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
I noticed everybody that thought this was a big deal was from NYC or Boston. Kind of funny. I also found it ironic that the one foreign guy was from the beautiful country of Sweden and said he dreams of moving to the USA. Yea. We're hated.
Thats too funny lol

Old 06-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Fahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to all
Why the hard sell folks? That always raises questions.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:27 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
It's funny how a guy can start a thread showing what I would have bet money were a bunch of hillbilly rednecks (not "Massachusetts rednecks" - ) filling (or attempting to fill; some of those lads could use some serious basic marksmanship refresher training) a 911 with holes, and having it morph into a thread about hating freedom(s). HTH did that happen...

My point in the posting the subject line was that I'm sure there are some poor motorhead souls in Europe, Asia or the Americas who'd jump at the chance to pick up a has-been 911 with a bad/broke/no motor, and do a swap for a new lump. Hell, there's even a guy here in the states who shoe-horns a small block Chevy V8 into a 911.

Maybe it's just me. Here we are in an era of near financial collapse, and some deep-pocketed, frustrated Porsche owner decides that rather than give the car to someone who might be able to get it roadworthy, he decides to donate it (tax deductible?..) to a gun club to use as target practice.. I find that curious.. I guess some people really do have too much money.

The objective of the post has/had nothing to do about freedom, or the lack there of.. it's about perceptions - nothing more.

My apologies for using what was obviously a poor choice of words in the title. I spent 40+ years waiting until I could afford to buy a new Porsche.. I just don't see how some guys could do something like that. Money doesn't fall off the trees at my house.

De Oppresso Liber!..

Last edited by NC 997; 06-27-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:55 PM
It's funny how a guy can start a thread showing what I would have bet money were a bunch of hillbilly rednecks (not "Massachusetts rednecks" - ) filling (or attempting to fill; some of those lads could use some serious basic marksmanship refresher training) a 911 with holes, and having it morph into a thread about hating freedom(s). HTH did that happen...

My point in the posting the subject line was that I'm sure there are some poor motorhead souls in Europe, Asia or the Americas who'd jump at the chance to pick up a has-been 911 with a bad/broke/no motor, and do a swap for a new lump. Hell, there's even a guy here in the states who shoe-horns a small block Chevy V8 into a 911.

Maybe it's just me. Here we are in an era of near financial collapse, and some deep-pocketed, frustrated Porsche owner decides that rather than give the car to someone who might be able to get it roadworthy, he decides to donate it (tax deductible?..) to a gun club to use as target practice.. I find that curious.. I guess some people really do have too much money.

The objective of the post has/had nothing to do about freedom, or the lack there of.. it's about perceptions - nothing more.

My apologies for using what was obvious lya poor choice of words in the title. I spent 40+ years waiting until I could afford to buy a new Porsche.. I just don't see how some guys could do something like that. Money doesn't fall off the trees at my house.

De Oppresso Liber!..

Im with you on that

Old 06-26-2011, 10:50 PM
TomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the rough
What could go wrong?

Originally Posted by NC 997
Sorry man, as soon as you add firearms to any situation it automatically becomes an issue of freedom. No matter how patently stupid, how spectacularly wasteful, or to what extent it demonstrates thickskull jackass-ery....it's automatically an issue of 'freedom'.
Magnificent.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:20 PM
iceman912 is infamous around these parts
These actions are not limited to the USA. It happens in china went a guy was feedup w his dealer for lousy service that he ask a few guys to hammered his Gallardo. Its about people with no respect for cars,money and etc.... It shows lack of judgement and shows weakness on his side. It is easy to be pissed and get angry and do stupid things. Its harder to be patient, respectful . To me this guys are immature . Period!!!!!
WANT TO MAKE A STATEMENT! Sell the car and donate it to a worthy cause. Make a difference in other peoples life . This kind of freedom of expression does not earn respect from anyone.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:50 PM
These actions are not limited to the USA. It happens in china went a guy was feedup w his dealer for lousy service that he ask a few guys to hammered his Gallardo. Its about people with no respect for cars,money and etc.... It shows lack of judgement and shows weakness on his side. It is easy to be pissed and get angry and do stupid things. Its harder to be patient, respectful . To me this guys are immature . Period!!!!!
WANT TO MAKE A STATEMENT! Sell the car and donate it to a worthy cause. Make a difference in other peoples life . This kind of freedom of expression does not earn respect from anyone.
+1 Thats what im saying.. Why not rafel it off and donate the money to a patient whos ill or needs a transplant. I bet if he would have done a 100 dolla rafel on this forum or somewhere else a lot of people would have done it and some child could be saved. Instead they wanted to be cowboys. Pathetic imo makes me sick.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:14 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Wait! We could go to the countries in Europe (Germany, France for example) that are torching 911's and other luxury cars in protest and "they are just expressing their frustration..." and that's ok, right... (?)

Look, I don't agree with shooting up a Porsche, but it wasn't my Porsche to decide the issue; and that's but one of the reasons our country is still the place most people want to enter (whether legally or otherwise...). It was donated by the owner. So what? It was HIS Porsche, and that is entirely HIS business.

Let's get excited about more important issues.

Last edited by 1BlinkGone; 06-27-2011 at 02:51 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:30 AM
bdbdbd has a spectacular aura aboutbdbdbd has a spectacular aura about
I know this is straying off topic but I find it interesting to see the comments about California above. Just today, CNN posted a front page article how California is not what people think it is:

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/US/06/27...tml?&hpt=hp_c2

As a native Californian and business owner who employs people in California, I have witnessed firsthand the deteriorating business climate here. When job-providers are considered the "bad guys", you know which way the state is heading. I could go on and give examples, but that would be pages long :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hence the reason the rest of the world hates America