997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Hence the reason the rest of the world hates America

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 10:47 AM
sullivas is on a distinguished road
Maybe this will wake up Porsche NA about how 997 owners feel about the Russian Roulette engine issues we have to worry about (IMS,RMS,AOS etc). Bad press can result in positive outcomes sometimes.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Recalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really nice
So, in summary. This guy is an idiot. It's his car, he can do what he likes. California is beautiful, but the government is retarded. The Swedes want to move there. And finally the Yankees and the Red Sox suck. Couldn't resist. This forum is so much fun.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:51 AM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bdbdbd
I know this is straying off topic but I find it interesting to see the comments about California above. Just today, CNN posted a front page article how California is not what people think it is:

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/US/06/27...tml?&hpt=hp_c2

As a native Californian and business owner who employs people in California, I have witnessed firsthand the deteriorating business climate here. When job-providers are considered the "bad guys", you know which way the state is heading. I could go on and give examples, but that would be pages long :-)
This is really sad. When I was a kid in the 50s and 60s, it was everyone’s dream to move to California. Now it looks like a large percentage of Californians dream to find a way out.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Lenderman is on a distinguished road
"This is really sad. When I was a kid in the 50s and 60s, it was everyone’s dream to move to California. Now it looks like a large percentage of Californians dream to find a way out. "

I am excited that a large percentage of people are considering moving out. It will clear up the roadways so I can really exercise my 997 freedoms.

Truth be told.., given the climate extremes all over this country, it always comes down to the same thing.., location location location. California will always have too many people because there are so many diverse and beautiful climates all within 2 hours of each other.

As to the opinions of our wonderful country, if you ain't part of the solution.., you are part of the problem. Don't just complain.., get involved and fix your perceived wrongs.

As an immigrant who became a citizen, and has lived here for the last 45 years, I think our country rocks!!! And since this an internet forum.., my opinion is always right and yours is always wrong. Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:23 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
As an immigrant who became a citizen, and has lived here for the last 45 years, I think our country rocks!!!
A few comments :

1) It is my underatanding that the Native Americans are the only ones who are not immigrants .

2) I don't understand the usage of the word "we" or "us" on this thread . I am an "I" and you can be a "you" .

3) Regardless of what region I live in I will have an opinion .

4) I don't agree with shooting Porsches . Whether the owner has the right or not does not detract that I think it's a senseless destruction of property .

5) If the group who participated and filmed this event chose this form of sensationalism to promote their agenda ..it didn't change my views .

6) I wonder if the founding fathers who wrote the second amendment imagined the destruction of a Porsche in this fashion.

7) I don't feel the "rest of the world" hates America because not everyone in America shares the same philosophies and despite the sterotypes there are people who have class in every county as well as those who do not .

8) I read one post on this thread where the forum meber told another to "pack up and move" only because they had different views . He has every right to live here and post here . In my opinion that's freedom .

Old 06-28-2011, 05:03 AM
Lancia has a spectacular aura aboutLancia has a spectacular aura about
Guns don't kill people cars do.....or is it the other way around??

mmmm, now what was the point of all this, sorry forgot, hang on what am I typing, oh yea, my brain just fell out.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:06 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Recalcitrant
So, in summary. This guy is an idiot. It's his car, he can do what he likes. California is beautiful, but the government is retarded. The Swedes want to move there. And finally the Yankees and the Red Sox suck. Couldn't resist. This forum is so much fun.
Nicely put. And no one will come to your house and take you to prison for saying it. America, got to love it. But, I digress. I believe this poor horse has been beaten to death. Time to find another horse.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:48 AM
mamatoy12 is on a distinguished road
Ouch! That target practice just made my heart hurt!