997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Please help: Need a reputable shop in Miami

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
Please help: Need a reputable shop in Miami

Drove from Michigan to FL two months ago. Ran perfect until this morning started idling very rough and the engine light came on. My Porsche mechanic from MI told me that I may have gotten bad fuel with water in it, or maybe the ignition coils are going bad. I also just had the plugs replaced before driving to FL.

Do you guys know of any good shops in Miami?

Should I drain the fuel first and refill it with fresh before taking it in?

Thanks

Vlad

Last edited by Vladm; 12-20-2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Vlad. My shop is 40-60 minutes north of Miami, depending on what part. I've been in business since 2001 working on these cars and I'm sure there are a few people on the board that can vouch for me as well. PM or call my shop at 954-755-7772 , I will be glad to help.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Vladm
Drove from Michigan to FL two months ago. Ran perfect until this morning started idling very rough and the engine light came on. My Porsche mechanic from MI told me that I may have gotten bad fuel with water in it, or maybe the ignition coils are going bad. I also just had the plugs replaced before driving to FL.

Do you guys know of any good shops in Miami?

Should I drain the fuel first and refill it with fresh before taking it in?

Thanks

Vlad
Figured it out: BAD Fuel. Got some Heet water remover fuel additive and refilled it with Shell premium fuel, took it for a spirited ride.. Problem solved.Runs like new.
NEVER AGAIN WILL I GO TO MOBIL 1 gas stations.

BTW: William at J&W Motorsports in Miami was super helpful! Offered to check out the CEL and diagnose it for me as I arrived to his shop. On top of it NO CHARGE!!

So If you are in the Miami area and need service- William is the guy! Before he opened J&W he worked at The Collection for a number of years.