997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Exhaust - Performance to Value Feedback Please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
I would definitely check out doing our X Pipe 200 cell Sport Cat to go along with the mufflers, you will love the sound and power increase. Its a simple bolt on replacement and it doesn't effect emissions, warranty and No CE lights. We have Dyno tested them versus our 1st generation cross over Cats that we used to make and they made a big HP increase over them, so it will really wake the car up over the stock cats. PM me if you have any questions and if you decide to do it, I will make you a nice member deal on it.
Thanks

Old 08-01-2011, 06:26 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Did the "Gundo Hack" and installed that AWE crossover pipes (used) to eliminate the center muffler. Not sure if the cost of a complete cat-back system meets the bang-for-the-buck to HP ratio, but for less than a few hundred bucks I got the sound I was looking for.

BTW, if you live in NC I can recommend a great muffler shop in Raleigh that does excellent work for a great price.

Last edited by PTParks; 08-01-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:56 PM
911CSLover is infamous around these parts911CSLover is infamous around these parts
Thank you all for the help. I'm going to take the first step with 2" Gundo at Provost Motorsports in NJ. They are my local PCA shop and I've worked with them on maintenance items. (We hold PCA events there too.)

We'll see how this nets out. I might have to do the fabspeed mod as well if the Gundo doesn't get me where I'd like to be.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Recalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really nice
Good luck! Let us know what you think.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:36 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Do the cats, they are the best exhaust mod you can do.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:19 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
if we speak of performance per buck on '06 car - X51 headers + any 200 cell cats + softronic flash. mufflers do not change much/anything power wise.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:21 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
AWE cats.....a must

Old 08-06-2011, 06:42 AM
landsteam is infamous around these parts
I have the Tubi exhaust it sounds better then stock but the is no performance increase as far as I can tell.

Old 08-06-2011, 05:27 PM
911CSLover is infamous around these parts911CSLover is infamous around these parts
I received some recommendations to go to mufflex in Hamilton NJ. They work on many exotics. The full bypass job with stainless 2" is $250.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:15 PM
FatArse is infamous around these partsFatArse is infamous around these parts
Can anyone explain the difference between crossover and x-pipe 200 cell cats?

Old 08-07-2011, 06:37 AM
EddieK997 is infamous around these parts
+1 for Fabspeed.
I have the Maxflo muffler on my car and it is superb. Highly recommended

Old 09-02-2011, 06:00 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone know of someone in Denver that can do the Gundo hack? I want it!

Old 09-15-2011, 12:47 PM
tbsb9595 is infamous around these parts
the Gundo hack looks like the way to go!

Old 09-15-2011, 01:24 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
When the times comes, I'm going with the Fister. It looks like a "professional" gundo type hack.http://www.fdmotorsports.net/index_files/Page732.htm

Old 09-15-2011, 03:47 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Lots of choices. Better to find a "match" of you P-car; 997.1 or .2; and go to a local Porsche club events and listen to them live or meet a fellow member through this forum / or local shop and do the same.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust - Performance to Value Feedback Please!