997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Worth owning a Porsche 911 under the age of 25? financing...etc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 06:47 PM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
Buy it now and you're irresponsible. Buy it a little later and you are in a mid-life crisis.

People always like to criticize. Buy it when you can afford to and when you'll enjoy it. I just wish I didn't drive a Hyundai for a decade.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:22 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have your own place?

Old 07-30-2011, 08:45 PM
CarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sizquik
Do you have your own place?
Nope. After I finish University, Ill probably buy myself a Porsche 911 either Brand new or a pre-owned by Porsche. I went to my local p-dealership and I saw the pre-owned. Wow! I was amazed how a 2 year Porsche 911 Targa was 75k. Im planning to get a Carrera 4S Cab, or a GTS. Cant WAIT! Im so pumped

Old 07-30-2011, 08:47 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CarFreak007
Nope. After I finish University, Ill probably buy myself a Porsche 911 either Brand new or a pre-owned by Porsche. I went to my local p-dealership and I saw the pre-owned. Wow! I was amazed how a 2 year Porsche 911 Targa was 75k. Im planning to get a Carrera 4S Cab, or a GTS. Cant WAIT! Im so pumped
Get your own place first.. apt,... whatever. There is nothing lamer than living at home with a fancy car like that.

Last edited by sizquik; 07-30-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:52 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
I just can't wait any longer to buy myself a Porsche 911. Either new or a used. Im not sure how to financing will be. Anyone had this experience?
I think important considerations would be:
- what is your monthly income, after taxes, and is this income steady?
- what are your monthly expenses?
- do you already having sufficient savings set aside for a "rainy day?"

Old 07-30-2011, 09:04 PM
CarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gasongasoff
I think important considerations would be:
I'll probably be living with my parents first. Or if they plan to move to Europe then I'll just take my Porsche with me

Old 07-31-2011, 03:48 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Listen not for nothing but uhmmmm...having that GT2 in your avatar is kind of a misrepresentation don't ya think.

Hope you get to buy what you want but until than I wouldn't be showing of what you don't have, screams poser.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:16 AM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
i'd say do what you want. but clearly you're asking because you know it's a bad idea and want validation by having everyone tell you it's a good idea. if you aren't confident enough to make the decision on your own, or at that rate, uninformed to an extent that you need to ask if you can afford it... it's probably a bad idea. be smart and realize your situation will be a lot more attractive were you to have that money in your bank account in 5 years instead of invested in a probably, by the time you pay it off, worthless hunk of metal.

Last edited by imolazhp_ci; 07-31-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:12 AM
xXxPorsche is on a distinguished road
...... I'm under 25 and I'm on my second "911" (first one was a 912E in high school does that count?)

Anyway you only have one life to make bad decisions.

It sounds lame but driving a porshe everyday is awesome soo....

Oh yea make sure you leave some cash lying around for after you buy it because the IMS might just pack up one day

And insurance isn't that much worse than my old Audi A4 (full coverage on both) and this is coming from a guy with some points on his license. In fact my 08 Aprillia shiver costs 70% of the premium on the porsche and its a motorcycle!

Old 07-31-2011, 08:44 AM
sameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to behold
I just can't wait any longer to buy myself a Porsche 911. Either new or a used. Im not sure how to financing will be. Anyone had this experience?

Certainly worth owning one at 25.
That way, you may skip the midlife crisis. (No offense to anyone at all).

Old 07-31-2011, 10:43 AM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
Compromise and buy one with a few years on it. That way, you can scratch your itch without eating the bulk of the depreciation.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:27 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
we all were under 25 at some time. I bought my first condo at 24, for cash.
as of financing - it is very easy to get this rope on your neck and it very easily may start suffocating you. never get more credit then you can manage to pay without severe drama. and never buy luxury/toy items in credit. it makes life easier in a long run.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:55 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
I'll probably be living with my parents first. Or if they plan to move to Europe then I'll just take my Porsche with me
Perhaps we could give you a better answer if we had more information. Again, things to consider are:
- and how much do you plan on financing on the vehicle?

Last edited by gasongasoff; 07-31-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:06 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Sorry but.... if you're going to be living at home and might even move to europe with your parents then it will essentially be your parent's porsche.
Personally I would be pissed if my kid came home from university and went into debt for a porsche instead of a place of their own and investing into their own future. Maybe you parents are well off and they don't care about such things.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:02 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
Not sure why you would come here except for validation of your decision. You have not elaborated much on your position in life. At 25 you could be a drop out junky or have just finished school and be a PA making 120k a year.

Age really does not have much to do with anything nearly as much as we would like to believe in life. This really comes down to what I see as two sliding scales:

Want<----------------------------------------------------------->Ability to Buy

Want<----------------------------------------------------------->Sacrifice Neccessary

Things that would factor into the scale for me would be:
-financial ability
-Sacrifices needed to purchase
-Future goals and the effect that this purchase would have on obtaining them
-Enjoyment factor and if the situation might be better delayed or enjoyed now
-Total opportunity cost of the purchase

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Worth owning a Porsche 911 under the age of 25? financing...etc